Author Topic: Why didn't Taff Jones tell Bamber & the relatives about Nevill's call ?  (Read 17993 times)

Offline Caroline

Hi Steph,

I did state the names.

I also do not agree with Caroline that the meeting with Ainsley was a 'debrief'.  These officers expressed concerns internally but they were not prepared to express concerns outside of their chain of command.

This is one of the problems in the Bamber case.  Nobody thinks they should 'take the rap' for decisions that were made - which they either didn't agree or which was either outside of their control or represented following an order from their chain of command. 

Now i know what you are going to reply with... it was the police under pressure... they made an error etc etc.  Instead of posting up links about unconscious bias - how about recognising some 'conscious bias' instead?  The kind that means you have to interpret every anomaly as an innocent mistake - otherwise it doesn't fit in to your stance on the case. 

Jeremy Bamber has been in prison for 30 years because of a crime scene based on photographs that were taken after these officers left the scene.

Where is your evidence for the above claim in bold?

By the same token Roch,  you (and others) interpret every anomaly as a conspiracy otherwise it doesn't fit in to your stance.

Also, the didn't answer the following point from a previous post;

The fact that officers were allowed to question the crime scene seems at odds with a massive cover up? If EP wanted to make sure no one found out about whatever 'something' happened at WHF, they would have made sure they ALL sang from the same song sheet and would never have allowed such statements to find their way into the public domain for scrutiny.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 10:54:AM by Caroline »
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Adam

The honeytrap in the Colin Stagg case had the woman trying to get Stagg to say he committed the Nikell murder. Saying it would turn her on if he had done it.

It's lucky Stagg didn't say he killed Nikell just to impress her. The case would have still been thrown out at court as it was entrapment. However the police could then say to the press that Stagg had admitted he did it. And they may not have bothered re opening the case 14 years later.

David's suggestion that the police should have wired up Julie after she had split up with Bamber, to ask her to sweet talk an audio confession from Bamber may have also been thrown out at court. Even in the unlikely event Bamber fell for it. 

The police already had enough to successfully charge Bamber anyway. So a honeytrap attempt would be causing more problems than solutions.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 11:10:AM by Adam »
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator

Clearly, the evidence is inherent in the fact that these concerns have not come to light - until the relevant documents came to light.  Off the top of my head - I do not know when that was.  However, it wouldn't surprise me if this stuff is post 2002 appeal.  Since we are not aware of any articles in the press where these men have spoken out about their concerns external to the constabulary - I think it's safe to assume they only expressed concerns within their chain of command (as detailed already).  I'm not really getting where you're coming from on this line of questioning.

By the same token Roch,  you (and others) interpret every anomaly as a conspiracy otherwise it doesn't fit in to your stance.

Caroline I don't.  What I also don't do is demand that the question 'WHY?' has to be answered (in the context of whether police altered the crime scene).  It's the police who know why the crime scene was altered.  Surely the why questions should directed at them? 

Also, the didn't answer the following point from a previous post;

The fact that officers were allowed to question the crime scene seems at odds with a massive cover up? If EP wanted to make sure no one found out about whatever 'something' happened at WHF, they would have made sure they ALL sang from the same song sheet and would never have allowed such statements to find their way into the public domain for scrutiny.

I only didn't answer due to time restraints.  What are claiming the police haven't done - is exactly what have done:

Not required statements from officers (where there is likelihood that those officer's statements would not  assist the prosecution). 

Slapped down West - who was in dispute with his chain of command about the time of the call he received.

Slapped down the TFG and 'assured' them that nothing was moved after they left.

Literally crossed statements and labelled them NO.

Are you honestly now saying that since you've changed your stance on the case - you now believe that there has been no withheld documents that have only come to light either by persistence or by accident in the course of time?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 11:17:AM by Roch »

Offline Jaycad73

Isn't this exactly what South Yorkshire Police attempted with The Hillsborough disaster?

Offline David1819

The honeytrap in the Colin Stagg case had the woman trying to get Stagg to say he committed the Nikell murder. Saying it would turn her on if he had done it.

It's lucky Stagg didn't say he killed Nikell just to impress her. The case would have still been thrown out at court as it was entrapment. However the police could then say to the press that Stagg had admitted he did it. And they may not have bothered re opening the case 14 years later.

David's suggestion that the police should have wired up Julie after she had split up with Bamber, to ask her to sweet talk an audio confession from Bamber may have also been thrown out at court. Even in the unlikely event Bamber fell for it. 

The police already had enough to successfully charge Bamber anyway. So a honeytrap attempt would be causing more problems than solutions.

How would an audio recording of Jeremy admitting to the crime cause more problems? If such evidence was produced we would not be discussing the case today.

Offline Adam

How would an audio recording of Jeremy admitting to the crime cause more problems? If such evidence was produced we would not be discussing the case today.

It's a honey trap so may have been thrown out at court.

The police already had a mountain of incriminating forensic and circumstantial evidence against Bamber. Which is why they charged and convicted him.

An audio confession attempt was not needed.  They could rely on what Julie said Bamber had previously said to her.

Julie trying to get back with Bamber after they had split up would be very hard. Bamber wanted rid of her as Julie was holding back his play boy life style. 

Julie also trying to get an audio confession would have been too obvious. If Bamber didn't confess it would just make it harder for the prosecution,  if it wasn't thrown out straight away. 
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 12:49:PM by Adam »

Offline Caroline

Clearly, the evidence is inherent in the fact that these concerns have not come to light - until the relevant documents came to light.  Off the top of my head - I do not know when that was.  However, it wouldn't surprise me if this stuff is post 2002 appeal.  Since we are not aware of any articles in the press where these men have spoken out about their concerns external to the constabulary - I think it's safe to assume they only expressed concerns within their chain of command (as detailed already).  I'm not really getting where you're coming from on this line of questioning. My line comes from the fact that this is all summation and there is no evidence for any of it - I don't think it's safe to assume, that's where we differ.

Caroline I don't.  What I also don't do is demand that the question 'WHY?' has to be answered (in the context of whether police altered the crime scene).  It's the police who know why the crime scene was altered.  Surely the why questions should directed at them? 'Why' is the crux - without motive it's simply a series of accusations without foundation.

I only didn't answer due to time restraints.  What are claiming the police haven't done - is exactly what have done:

Not required statements from officers (where there is likelihood that those officer's statements would not  assist the prosecution).  I imagine this happens in lots of cases, they certainly wouldn't want to aid the defence but where are these people now? not one of them have come forward.

Slapped down West - who was in dispute with his chain of command about the time of the call he received. He admitted he could have made a mistake.

Slapped down the TFG and 'assured' them that nothing was moved after they left.

Slapped down or 'assured' which one? Their statements were allowed into the public domain - if there were some mass conspiracy I doubt they would have seen the light of day.

Literally crossed statements and labelled them NO.

So where are these people who had their statements 'tampered' with? Why aren't they screaming from the roof tops?

Are you honestly now saying that since you've changed your stance on the case - you now believe that there has been no withheld documents that have only come to light either by persistence or by accident in the course of time?

No, I'm not saying that, I'm saying that the hype placed on it is far above and beyond the reality. Jeremy told me he has 'almost' all of the PII stuff and yet we're still hearing that various things have not been released. I think it's hype by the CT to drawn new people in and keep others interested. I fell for it once - never again!

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
Caroline...

I don't have time to answer all of your questions because I'm at work.  However - where on earth are you coming from saying that is it is all summation? Members of the TFG expressed concerns either individually and/or collectively, that the body, head, bible and rifle were moved.  It's there in black and white.  They passed on their concerns within their chain of command on two occasions - in both phases of the investigation - speaking with both heads of investigation.  How is that summation??

Unless you are stating that it is summation that these concerns were known before the 2002 appeal?  In which case - yes i would have to check whether that was the case.

West was clearly in dispute with his superiors regarding the time of the call.  I think he actually uses the word 'dispute' in the courtroom (which is quite bold - given he was called as a witness for the prosecution). 

Your points about a mass conspiracy is too generic in my opinion.  I feel the truth of what took place is much more layered and complex.  People use the term 'conspiracy' as some kind of all-purpose dismissal.

With regards to people crying foul about statements etc - when would they have found out?  How many years after the fact?

As for police officers coming forward - how many police officers came forward in other suspected MOJ's and held their hands up? 

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
  • The facts leading to the Simon Hall confession
Hi Steph,

I did state the names.

I also do not agree with Caroline that the meeting with Ainsley was a 'debrief'.  These officers expressed concerns internally but they were not prepared to express concerns outside of their chain of command.

This is one of the problems in the Bamber case.  Nobody thinks they should 'take the rap' for decisions that were made - which they either didn't agree or which was either outside of their control or represented following an order from their chain of command.

Now i know what you are going to reply with... it was the police under pressure... they made an error etc etc.  Instead of posting up links about unconscious bias - how about recognising some 'conscious bias' instead?  The kind that means you have to interpret every anomaly as an innocent mistake - otherwise it doesn't fit in to your stance on the case. 

Jeremy Bamber has been in prison for 30 years because of a crime scene based on photographs that were taken after these officers left the scene.

Maybe it's time you looked at other cases, like for example the SH case.

The victim was found in her hallway, her nightdress was up exposing her nether regions. When discovered by her neighbours Mr & Mrs Twoose, one of them pulled the nightdress down in order to cover her, save her decency. This was done before the police arrived. The post mortem concluded injuries were caused after death.

"Crucially, the post mortem showed that an additional number of wounds found on Joan Albert were committed after her death. The crown's pathologist gave evidence to the court that these wounds had been inflected a significant amount of time after death, up to 30 minutes. http://web.archive.org/web/20080511202219/http://justice4simon.co.uk/theTrial.php

I stated years ago and recently, the police hired 2 criminal profilers in order to help them determine the offenders psychology. They suggested the motive had been sexual or had a sexual element (I'm not quoting directly from the case files). They also suggested the offender may have had an interest in piquerism, among other things.

https://drmarkgriffiths.wordpress.com/2013/01/08/having-a-stab-at-it-a-beginners-guide-to-piquerism/

Roch, when you heard SH had confessed, your posts on this forum suggested you accepted the confession as fact. You have not since disputed this fact.

Your points about a mass conspiracy is too generic in my opinion.  I feel the truth of what took place is much more layered and complex.  People use the term 'conspiracy' as some kind of all-purpose dismissal.

As for police officers coming forward - how many police officers came forward in other suspected MOJ's and held their hands up?

I don't believe any conspiracy took place in the SH case regarding the conviction obtained but what made them veer from a sexual element to a burglary gone wrong? I once believed this case was much more layered and complex than what it actually turned out to be. I was in the thick of it when I held these beliefs and had been brainwashed. I was no longer thinking objectively.

On the weekend leading up to SH's overdose in February 2013, he suggested to me via the recorded prison telephone, he was aroused by sadistic sexual acts. I was not aware of such interests until this time. I chose to not publicise this fact at the time, mainly due to my wrongly held belief, that he sounded psychotic and was most probably under the influence of drugs when he said it.

However following his stay in hospital, he began to disclose a large volume of information of a sexual nature, to both myself and prison staff and continued to do so up until his death.

Why did the police choose to ignore the criminal profilers observations that the crime scene appeared to suggest there had been a sexual motive. Why did the Crown prosecutors and indeed the defence choose to not use witness statements from men who had come forward claiming they'd had sexual relations with SH, for example.

The only reference of this suggestion during trial was when Scott Doughty (Pub landlord) had been asked to tell the court if he and SH had kissed. Apparently Scott lied and said no. Yet there was evidence from other witnesses which supported this claim, like for example an ex girlfriends of SH's who had stated they broke up weeks before the murder because she believed SH was having sex with Scott.

So you tell me Roch, who should take the rap' for decisions that were made that obtained a conviction of a man who it was found in a court of law, had murdered following a burglary gone wrong.

All those involved in the murder investigation in the SH case clearly couldn't have agreed on the motive. Plus it was nearly 7 months before SH was arrested.

These facts suggest to me internal concerns must have been raised but similarly these individuals were not prepared to express there concerns outside of their chain of command.

What do you make of all this? I've given you some of my opinions regarding the Bamber case but I am open to any suggestions, both in this case and the Bamber case.

However, I remain of the firm belief Jeremy Bamber is guilty. Nothing I have read to date suggests otherwise.

We don't have access to ALL of Bamber's case files, as he hasn't put them all in the public domain. Why hasn't he put them all in the public domain?

Since the SH confession, why haven't arrests been made in relation to all witnesses who perjured themselves and attempted to pervert the course of justice? Why weren't witnesses arrested following the guilty verdict?

Who makes the decisions to not prosecute witnesses in murder trials like this? Surely if further convictions were sought following trial, it would have been less likely for SH to publicly maintain innocence.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 01:23:PM by Stephanie »
“The only people who are mad at you for telling the truth are those people who are living a lie. Keep telling the truth"

Offline Caroline

Caroline...

I don't have time to answer all of your questions because I'm at work.  However - where on earth are you coming from saying that is it is all summation? Members of the TFG expressed concerns either individually and/or collectively, that the body, head, bible and rifle were moved.  It's there in black and white.  They passed on their concerns within their chain of command on two occasions - in both phases of the investigation - speaking with both heads of investigation.  How is that summation?? I'm not saying they didn't question the crime scene, what I am saying is that there is no evidence that their concerns were founded and they certainly didn't pursue the issue.

Unless you are stating that it is summation that these concerns were known before the 2002 appeal?  In which case - yes i would have to check whether that was the case. Yes, this is also relevant

West was clearly in dispute with his superiors regarding the time of the call.  I think he actually uses the word 'dispute' in the courtroom (which is quite bold - given he was called as a witness for the prosecution).  We will never agree on West, I believe he made a mistake and begrudgingly had to admit it.

With regards to people crying foul about statements etc - when would they have found out?  How many years after the fact? If these statements weren't used, I see no point in altering them, if the witnesses appeared in court, they would have been questioned in line with statements they gave and would indeed have found out they had been altered.

As for police officers coming forward - how many police officers came forward in other suspected MOJ's and held their hands up? Which MOJ knowing framed an innocent man when they had a ready made culprit? The stakes would have to be high for such a mass cover up - as I said before, Bamber wasn't that important and they would have risked more than they gained by his conviction should they have been found out. I just don't believe that in 30 years, not one person has come forward.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 01:06:PM by Caroline »

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member

Unless you make the effort to read up on the facts of SH case, I believe you make it difficult for yourself to understand the issues you appear to be stuck on in the Bamber case. Unfortunately I cannot give you an example of another case because I am unaware of any other case in this country, where a high profile alleged MOJ victim, finally admitted guilt after 12 years. I am however open to any suggestions.

I do however recognise your conscious bias Roch.

Sam Hallum's case is an example of a genuine, gross Miscarriage of Justice. He was wrongly arrested, convicted and spent around 8 years in prison. 

Your suggestion that I am bias because SH was guilty after all, is misguided. I know miscarriages of justices occur, I know mistakes are made but I no longer hold the same or similar views to many of those who campaign for or support alleged MOJ's. My beliefs are no longer distorted by the misinformation found in the public domain. 

If SH's conviction hadn't been obtained on the motive being a burglary gone wrong, it's quite possible he would not have publicly maintained innocence and subsequently left behind a string of innocent victims. There's no doubting his sentence would have been much higher, because of the sexual element.

However where does one draw the line. Of course I've been angry with the police and indeed others, but ultimately the blame lies with SH. He chose to deny his guilt from day one. He chose to not hand himself in to police.

And of course I still have questions in relation to the police investigation but ultimately they arrested and convicted the right man.

I've yet to be approached by anyone interested in uncovering the truth regarding the police investigation in the SH case. No one appears interested in discovering where the mistakes were made or who made the mistakes and why the motive of a burglary gone wrong was initiated. No one appears interested in getting to the bottom of why the police chose to dismiss the sexual element initially believed and suggested.

It's not my conscious bias that is in question Roch, I remain open minded, objective and indeed do not allow my bias to distort what is put before me. I do make mistakes and will continue to do so.

But Jeremy Bamber is guilty as sin, of that there is no doubt.

I have pointed out many similarities regarding Jeremy Bamber to that of SH. It is not me who is choosing to ignore these facts.

Here are some of the public claims made about SH, by others, prior to any involvement by myself. Remember I met SH 2 months after he had murdered. I was not involved with him until around the end of 2007 and did not publicly campaign until sometime in 2009.

"Lynne Hall testified at the trial that when her son come home form his night out, there was nothing out of the ordinary, and certainly no blood or any other evidence of violence on him.

http://web.archive.org/web/20080511202219/http://justice4simon.co.uk/theTrial.php

"How could someone who had consumed alcohol all night be so agile and accurate by that time in the morning to drive and carry out the break-in leaving no evidence behind?

The first person to have seen Simon upon his return was his mother, she recalls no unusual behaviour, and he sat and had a drink with her and chatted generally. He then went upstairs to relax and proceeded with the family day at which he was his usual smiley entertaining self.

The next person, apart from his family to be in close contact with Simon, professionally and privately was a close friend Stephanie Bon and she recalls no changes to his behaviour

All the way through the investigation and also the trial, Simon remained helpful and calm and surely at such a traumatic time one would expect temper and frustration to show if naturally there. Also throughout all his time in prison, on remand and now, Simon is described by the prison staff as a model prisoner. http://web.archive.org/web/20080511202109/http://justice4simon.co.uk/whyIsSimonInnocent.php
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 02:34:PM by Stephanie »
“The only people who are mad at you for telling the truth are those people who are living a lie. Keep telling the truth"

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
Hi Steph,

I did state the names.

Yes my mistake, I'd not refreshed my mind with your previous posts when replying to your current post. Thanks for pointing that out.

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
It was not a mistake - because the officers originally at the scene knew what had happened. It was a mistake to try and cover up what went wrong and a mistake by ACC Simpson to allow himself to be effectively blackmailed by Robert Boutflour. A man no longer alive but who has a lot to answer for.

Blackmailed?  ::)

Offline David1819

The police already had a mountain of incriminating forensic and circumstantial evidence against Bamber. Which is why they charged and convicted him.
Wrong

It's a honey trap so may have been thrown out at court.

An audio confession attempt was not needed.  They could rely on what Julie said Bamber had previously said to her.

Julie trying to get back with Bamber after they had split up would be very hard. Bamber wanted rid of her as Julie was holding back his play boy life style. 

Julie also trying to get an audio confession would have been too obvious. If Bamber didn't confess it would just make it harder for the prosecution,  if it wasn't thrown out straight away.

It would have been an undeniable golden opportunity Adam. The reason it never happened was because there was nothing to get on tape in the first place.

Offline Adam

Wrong

It would have been an undeniable golden opportunity Adam. The reason it never happened was because there was nothing to get on tape in the first place.

I agree with you're second statement. There was nothing Julie could have got on tape.

Bamber & Julie had split and he was now free to be a play boy. St Tropez being his first stop. There was no way Julie could have got back into his life.

It was a month after the massacre, it's doubtful Bamber would continue to discuss the massacre much with Julie anyway. He had more important things to discuss with Brett. Such as which restauraunt to go to.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 03:55:PM by Adam »