Author Topic: The murder of 14 year-old schoolgirl Jodi Jones near Edinburgh on 30 June 2003  (Read 730362 times)

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
The fact there was a 'constant internet connection' proves nothing, or does it?

it proves somone was on the internet  shanes computer showed he was looking ar certan websites at that time.

theres was only shane and luke there.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 01:05:AM by nugnug »

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
it proves somone was on the internet  shanes computer showed he was looking ar certan websites at that time.

I can't believe that Luke would say he was at home with his brother present if he wasn't. Maybe, Shane slipped out without his brother knowing, leaving open his internet connection. I can't imagine Luke relying upon his brother to back up his alibi, if Luke wasn't at home, because if it wasn't true, the brother would suspect Luke had got something to lie about. Luke must have confidently been banking on the support from his brother over his alibi, but for some reason the brother refused to go along with it, why? Surely, long before the matter came to trial, Luke would have spoken to his brother Shane to ask him if he could remember the occasion in question, and if Shane said I don't remember you being home on that occasion, would Luke then provide details of such an alibi? Did Shane know Jodi Jones?

Bet he did...

Does anybody know if there had been a fall out between the brothers on the day of the murder?
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive"...

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
unless you belive somone else was using shanes computer shane couldent of had anything to do with it.

but who would that be only luke shane and corrine lived there and corrine was at work.

if luke had been using the computer hed have a perfect albi so i cant see him not using it.

John

What does anybody know about him?

In Court he claimed to have a poor memory.

He has never publicly came out in support of Luke which for an older brother is somewhat bizarre to say the least considering the severity of the charges he (Luke) was facing.

His rebuffal of Luke's claim that they were both at home when Jodi was murdererd was the most damning admission however.  If they were both at home all Shane had to do was admit it and hey presto the perfect alibi.  He couldn't do it however, the rest as they say is history.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 07:37:PM by John »

Offline sandra L

Shane was never a suspect. He and Luke were not alike in looks or build. He was arrested in April 2014 ten and a half months after the murder) and charged with perverting the course of justice. It was during this interrogation it was claimed he began to say he could not remember if Luke was at home that evening, however, it is clear that the interrogation was intended push Shane's evidence down a particular route which would undermine Luke's defence.

Closing off answers, confusion techniques, bullying, refusal to accept answers, loaded/leading questions, lies, intimidation, threats - the lot. The judges at appeal claimed the evidence elicited by this form of interrogation would have been unlawful if Shane had been a suspect, but it was ok because he was only a witness.

How could they get it so wrong? Shane had been detained for 6 hours without a solicitor present (as was legal in Scotland in 2003), after which he was formally charged - he wasn't a witness to the charge against him, was he?

That's how bad the system is in Scotland (John will vouch for that) - they slipped up, because this comment about Shane being only a witness is an admission that the "perverting the course of justice" charges were nothing but a ploy to allow them to get to the two people providing Luke's alibi in a way that would definitely have been unlawful had they done it any other way.

For completion, the brothers share the same biological father. Shane's DNA was entered into the database just like all of the others from whom samples were taken - no match to any deposit from Jodi or the crime scene was ever identified.

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator

How long had the victim been dead by the time the body was discovered?

Offline marty

How long had the victim been dead by the time the body was discovered?

Several hours

Offline marty

Several hours

According to the alleged time of death

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
According to the alleged time of death

What is the alleged time of death?

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
How many times was the victim stabbed?

Additionally, which parts of the body sustained stab wound injuries, and at what angle were they inflicted?

Was the killer left handed, or right handed?

How tall was the victim?

How tall was Luke Mitchell?

Did the victim have any defensive wounds, or marks?

Offline nugnug

What is the alleged time of death?

the proscutions alleged time is between 5 and 530.

though theres no actull evedence to back this up its just when lukes albi is at its weakist.

Offline marty

How many times was the victim stabbed?

Additionally, which parts of the body sustained stab wound injuries, and at what angle were they inflicted?

Was the killer left handed, or right handed?

How tall was the victim?

How tall was Luke Mitchell?

Did the victim have any defensive wounds, or marks?

Her throat was slashed 12 to 20 times
Small nicks on her eyelids, mutilation to the abdomen.
Stripped naked apart from her socks folded down over her toes.
Not sure of exact heights, but jodi was a good few inches taller than luke at the time.
And she had been given a good hiding by all accounts.

Offline nugnug

isnt a bit funny that nobody in the search party admits to seein go into the woods that day but when she was missing that was the first place they went to look.

Offline David1819

I disagree totally, and have the suspicion you know this to not be true also  ::)

However, no one needs to understand what satanism is nor does it need to be addressed, but go ahead if it makes you feel better  ;D

The point is, people like you should be looking at the whole picture as opposed to dismissing each apparent individual behavioural problem.

I very much doubt members of the jury at trial knew much about the occult or satanism.

Luke Mitchell need not have been interested in the above at all - the things that came out of his mouth were enough for lay people to be convinced they were dealing with a 14 year old with alarming behavioural problems.

No as usual you disagree for the sake of disagreeing with me.  ::)

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
My impression is that Luke Mitchell did not kill Jodi, but I don't know enough about the case to be 100% certain of his innocence...

Where were the victims clothes found?