Author Topic: The murder of 14 year-old schoolgirl Jodi Jones near Edinburgh on 30 June 2003  (Read 730388 times)

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
Is Sandra seriously trying to claim "you need satanic people like me" is normal in an essay about the existence of god? (post your source for this essay requirement please as I've just watched you blatantly lie about other Luke quotes being from songs/games)

i think its perfectly normal for 14 year old boy at a cathlic to try and shock his teacher.

and at the end of the day even if it wasnt not being normal doesnt make somone guilty. of murder.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 10:29:PM by nugnug »

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
Some more perfectly normal writings by Luke that he stuck to his cell wall in HMP Shotts.

you haven read much portry have you there are plenty of peoms simlar to that.

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
  • The facts leading to the Simon Hall confession
Is it normal for a 12 year old boy to threaten a 12 year old girl with a knife because she won't have sex with him?
“The only people who are mad at you for telling the truth are those people who are living a lie. Keep telling the truth"

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
Luke Mitchell appears to have presented with poor behavioral controls, sexual promiscuity,
early behavior problems, amongst other traits.

He also appears to have been obsessed with knives from a young age.

“Piquerism or picquerism (from the French piquer - "to prick") is sexual interest penetrating the skin of another person, sometimes serious enough to cause death. Piquerism is a paraphilia and form of sadism. The most frequently targeted areas of the body are the breasts, buttocks, or groin”.

Given the relatively regular incidence of piquerism in the popular media, I was quite surprised to find next to nothing academically. There are passing references to piquerism in the clinical and forensic science literature but nothing (as far as I could find) on the prevalence or etiology of the disorder. Dr. Wade Myers has a short section on piquerism in his 2002 book Juvenile Sexual Homicide. In one of the chapters, Myers recounted the case of two teenage murderers (‘Frank’ and ‘Andy’) who killed and mutilated a pregnant teenage girl they had both previously had a sexual relationship with. As Myers wrote:

“Regardless of who first came up with the idea of the murder, [Frank and Andy] took her to a remote area in some nearby woods. Andy first had consensual sex with the girl. When Frank approached her for sex, she rebuffed his advances. The attack on the girl started after this interaction. Each of the boys attributed the cascade of murderous actions to the other. The victim was initially choked manually and strangled with a radio cord. Unconscious, she was carried further into the woods. She regained consciousness and attempted to run. She was bludgeoned with a piece of lumber, a tree branch and a concrete block. The bludgeoning with the concrete block…detached part of the scalp. One of the boys tried to cut her throat with a knife, and her arm revealed defensive wounds from trying to protect herself during the knife attack”.

The medical examiner reported that the girl had been repeatedly stabbed and that the boys had done it for the “heck of it”. Dr. Myers claimed that offender behavior was “an expression of the perversion known as piquerism”. Dr. Myers admitted he knew little about piquerism (and wrote “little is known about piquerism in adults, and even less so in children”), so he contacted Dr. Richard Walters (Omega Crime Assessment Group, and former prison psychologist for the Michegan Department of Corrections). Based on his colleagues’ expertise, Dr. Wade subsequently noted:

“Piquerism is sometimes performed post-mortem. It generally refers to the penetration of human flesh, although it is sometimes practiced against animals. The piquer’s range of activities for sating his or her needs can be a purposeful single prick with a pin or knife, multiple stab wounds to an eroticized area, or elaborate cutting, stabbing, biting and mutilation of a victim. Piquerism becomes part of the repertoire of many sadists, depending on their progress along the ‘sadistic learning curve’. Often the sexual mechanisms inherent in piquerism are ignored during the assessment of sexually sadistic crimes. The prevalence rate of piquerism is unknown”.

Read more:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/in-excess/201501/life-knife-edge

« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 11:54:PM by stephanie »
“The only people who are mad at you for telling the truth are those people who are living a lie. Keep telling the truth"

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
I also found another theory for why he may have saved his urine in bottles in his bedroom...

"Because they incorrectly believe that they are so wonderful & valuable, that everything & anything even remotely connected to them, personally, is so precious , it cannot be discarded.
Or, they feel so inadequate, so invisible, That they are desperate to have something, anything of theirs left to "make their mark"."

I guess the same could apply to him not cutting his hair?

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
Didn't say it made him guilty but Sandra's attempts at painting Luke as a normal 14 year old lad are ridiculous.

I guess he was still trying to shock his catholic school teachers last year when he requested Satanic books in prison. Believe that, or believe he has an interest in Satanism. I know which one I find easier to believe.

And/or sadism - the occult? Same/similar thing?

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
"Even if you were innocent you could still express empathy for the victim - although you weren't responsible, you would feel something, so there is absolutely no sense of empathy there.

"You are looking at a very narcissistic, grandiose ego with no sense of empathy and a great deal of aggression and resentment towards people he thinks as have wronged him."

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
"Mitchell's appeal team would also question the behaviour of detectives during the investigation, suggesting they bullied the 15-year-old, behaving like "interrogators" trying to "break his resistance".

The interviewing officers, he pointed out, accused the schoolboy of selling cannabis, called him a "hash-head" and accused him of carrying a Bowie knife and being obsessed with knives.

Findlay said at one point Mitchell, now 19, responded: "I don't know what a Bowie f****** knife looks like."

At this point the appeal judge Lord Osborne interrupted, saying: "He is not exactly a wilting violet in giving a reply like that.

Read more: http://www.scotsman.com/news/urine-under-bed-paints-picture-of-oddball-killer-1-1259455#ixzz3rWFk369k
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 01:29:AM by stephanie »

John

Really? This is really your argument? Tell me, was there any wrongdoing, unexpected behaviours or failings in your own case? Here's a clue, from your own online story:

But it's ok, John, it doesn't change anything, does it? The courts still found you guilty, so you must have been, even if the conviction was "unsafe." Remind me, did the SCCRC find grounds to refer your case back to the court of appeal? Ah well, there you are then.

Why do you keep changing the subject when asked a direct question Sandra, is that a trick you have learned from the lawyers?

I'll ask the question again.

What is this evidence which you claim supports Luke Mitchell's innocence?

Offline Baz

"Even if you were innocent you could still express empathy for the victim - although you weren't responsible, you would feel something, so there is absolutely no sense of empathy there.

"You are looking at a very narcissistic, grandiose ego with no sense of empathy and a great deal of aggression and resentment towards people he thinks as have wronged him."

I find this psychologist's interpretation of a poem slightly odd. He takes the lack of empathy for Jodi in the poem as proof of narcissism but it's one poem and it's not about that. If you read from the point of view that he is innocent instead then surely it would make sense that it would be full of anger for those he believes have unjustly locked him up.

Offline sandra L

Is Sandra seriously trying to claim "you need satanic people like me" is normal in an essay about the existence of god? (post your source for this essay requirement please as I've just watched you blatantly lie about other Luke quotes being from songs/games)

This is one of the reasons the  Luke's website had ot be taken down - I no longer have access to the papers so, if I don't have notes about something, I can't post sources, allowing people to do exactly as Lithium has done here.

From memory, which is the best I can do, as I don't have notes, all of the quotes I commented on were confirmed as having come from song lyrics, computer games or t shirts.

From memory, which is the best I can do, there were a number of topics which students could choose from, of which "The existence of God" was one. It is going to get very wearing if I have to add "from memory, which is the best I can do" to everything that I no longer have paperwork for.

Offline sandra L

I find this psychologist's interpretation of a poem slightly odd. He takes the lack of empathy for Jodi in the poem as proof of narcissism but it's one poem and it's not about that. If you read from the point of view that he is innocent instead then surely it would make sense that it would be full of anger for those he believes have unjustly locked him up.

I find it interesting that any professional psychologist would make a diagnosis on the basis of one poem, without any other information within which to contextualise that poem. He did not meet Luke, speak with him, examine him, ask him what he intended or meant when he wrote the poem etc etc...

And I agree, read from the point of view of maintained innocence, it makes sense that he is angry and vengeful, not only against those who have treated him so unjustly, but also against whoever killed Jodi.

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
This is one of the reasons the  Luke's website had ot be taken down - I no longer have access to the papers so, if I don't have notes about something, I can't post sources, allowing people to do exactly as Lithium has done here.

From memory, which is the best I can do, as I don't have notes, all of the quotes I commented on were confirmed as having come from song lyrics, computer games or t shirts.

From memory, which is the best I can do, there were a number of topics which students could choose from, of which "The existence of God" was one. It is going to get very wearing if I have to add "from memory, which is the best I can do" to everything that I no longer have paperwork for.

I would have thought after 10 years you knew the case inside out?

You've said 3 times you don't have notes/paperwork? So you threw away all your notes/paperwork or gave it back to the Mitchell's?

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
I find it interesting that any professional psychologist would make a diagnosis on the basis of one poem, without any other information within which to contextualise that poem. He did not meet Luke, speak with him, examine him, ask him what he intended or meant when he wrote the poem etc etc...

And I agree, read from the point of view of maintained innocence, it makes sense that he is angry and vengeful, not only against those who have treated him so unjustly, but also against whoever killed Jodi.

I imagine the professional psychologist also used their knowledge of the case and the injuries inflicted on his victim?

Here's the poem in full.....,

"The emotional quality of the language is extremely high and it consists of a stream of very negative threatening words.

"Anyone reading that is going to feel disturbed and one of the purposes behind the poem is to disturb the reader.

"In that sense, the poem is intended as an aggressive communication rather than a cry for help or even an expression of anguish - it is essentially a long threat.

"It is not exactly a work of art because it uses quotations and quite repetitive imagery, so you are looking at a rather stilted and threatening communication without much in the way of creative novelty."

"He uses quite a lot of biblical imagery which, evoked in the context of the threat, is meant to do two things.

"The first is that it makes the threat more, i n hi s eyes, awesome and inevitable, as he is calling on God as his right hand in this act of threat and vengeance, so it is to enforce the power of the threat.

"It's also an act of grandiosity in that he is taking on these almost supernatural powers, which indicate a massively inflated ego in the writer.

"Because God is on his side, it is a way of avoiding any acceptance of blame or responsibility on his part for anything that has happened. In other words, none of what has happened is his fault and none of what will happen if he acts out the act of vengeance will be his fault.

"It is a communication lacking in any sense of remorse or empathy for the victim of his offence or empathy for the people he is going to threaten or attack.

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member

From 'memory' what did the professionals who spoke with Luke before his trial say about him? I'm presuming a pre trial report of his mental state was carried out?

Was any diagnosis suggested?