Author Topic: The murder of 14 year-old schoolgirl Jodi Jones near Edinburgh on 30 June 2003  (Read 730364 times)

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
Not sure to be honest pal, haha, just niggles me. And the fact they couldn't account for what they were doing.

and the fact they were at the murder scene at more or less the same time the proscution cliamed the victem was murdered but said they dident see her or anybody else.

Offline marty

I wasn't aware of that, to be honest.

That's before the DNA results were back.

Offline David1819

Yes, Marty, it was, and in keeping with the"protocols" of this case, the ground where Jodi had originally been lying was also not protected or preserved after she was moved onto the plastic sheet.

when I said protocols I was referring to fact that any competent police force or detectives will by default have the person who discovered the body as a person of interest until cleared.

It happens often where the killer attempts to fool people into thinking they discovered the body in order to make them appear innocent.

Offline sandra L

Ok, for clarity (and about the millionth time) I am not accusing anyone of anything, apart from the police.  If they had done their jobs properly, none of the questions I raise could be raised, because they would all be adequately answered. My point in raising these questions is to demonstrate that police officers did not find anything even remotely odd, unless it was connected to Luke. It was, I believe, police manipulation that changed the family's statements, which is pretty disgusting, given the grief and trauma they were suffering. The absolute police conviction that Luke was the murderer from the moment the body was found (that's official now, by the way) drove every aspect of this case. All of the protocols David rightly said we should expect were abandoned in favour of a modern day witch hunt.

Baz, the granny didn't tell them to lie about the time- they lied to her about the time and she told them not to go to the police because they were on the path too early. What I find strange is that at least 6 other members of the extended family knew they were on the path and not one of them said a word. When the time of Jodi leaving was changed, it meant the earlier time they gave was also important
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 08:52:AM by sandra L »

Offline sandra L

The term "hacking off his hair" is not mine - it was the phrase used by witnesses in their statements - to be precise - he was cutting chunks out of his hair at the back, hacking away at it.

For ease of understanding for those who don't see where I'm coming from:

Imaginary murder investigation. Police find a condom just over 19 yards from the body - they are able to tell the semen is "fresh" (as in, it hasn't begun to degrade in the ways they would expect if it was, say more than 24 hours old.) What do they do with this information?
(a) try to find the owner - after all, he could be a crucial witness?
(b) change the location of the condom first to "within a 20 yard radius" then to "within a 50 yard radius" to distance it from their crime scene, because the DNA does not match their "person of interest"?

Witnesses come forward imediately to say two lads on a moped were acting strangely at 5pm on the evening of the murder. Two witnesses see the bike propped against the V break in the wall at 5.15pm - they can be sure of the time because it is connected with closing time at work, leaving something in the office and having to go back for it, and timing the drive from that point to the point in their journey  where they saw the bike at the V. The police, and only the police, know 5.15pm is the time of death, as this information hasn't yet been made public. Do they
(a) Assume they have absolutely critical witnesses here, and try to trace them immediately
(b) Wait two months to take statements from the witnesses who came forward immediately
(c) Trace the youths a week later, take statements about their knowledge of Luke, and eliminate them from the enquiry within 48 hours before they find out both lied about the time they were on the path (if they'd had the statements from the others, this would have been obvious straight away), one cut off his own hair, and no DNA results have been returned?

Eight crucial witnesses give a number of statements in the early part of the investigation. They were, at the time of the murder, in three separate houses. All give timings of events that evening 20 - 30 minutes earlier than those events actually happened (as proven by, for example, phone records.)

Do the police
(a) recognise that these statements are unreliable in terms of timing, and try to find out how all of these people, in three separate locations, all came to give the same wrong timings
(b) accept the information at face value, then try to explain away other, concrete evidence that the timings are wrong by making the concrete evidence "wrong?"

And so it goes, on and on throughout this entire case.

Offline Baz

Baz, the granny didn't tell them to lie about the time- they lied to her about the time and she told them not to go to the police because they were on the path too early. What I find strange is that at least 6 other members of the extended family knew they were on the path and not one of them said a word. When the time of Jodi leaving was changed, it meant the earlier time they gave was also important

Not sure why this is aimed at me but didn't to be rude and not reply.

Is this a different granny than that which was searching with Luke?

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
one of cliamed that his granny had told him not to come forward but there is only his word for that and if he lied to her about the time she couldent really give proper advice anyway.

Offline sandra L

Not sure why this is aimed at me but didn't to be rude and not reply.

Is this a different granny than that which was searching with Luke?

Sorry, Baz, it was Marty who posted about the gran, not you! My mistake. This is the same gran - Ferris claims he told her he was on the path half an hour earlier than he actually was, and she told him not to bother telling the police because "Jodi hadn't even left the house yet." But the time of Jodi leaving was changed to 10 to 5 (from 5.30 initially, then 5.05ish) - if the earlier time was accepted, he was on the path just 5 minutes before Jodi was eventually claimed to have left, so would (presumably) have seen "Luke" walking up to meet Jodi where Andrina Bryson claimed she made her sighting at 5.54 precisely!

Offline sandra L

one of cliamed that his granny had told him not to come forward but there is only his word for that and if he lied to her about the time she couldent really give proper advice anyway.

The problem here, nugug, is that 6 other family members knew they were on the path (according to various statements) and none of them thought to mention it to the police, or tell them to contact the police themselves.

For example, one of the mothers (Dickie's, from memory) saw the police appeal for the boys on the moped to come forward and said to him "the police are looking for you." She knew what time his jobcentre appointment was, and she knew the arrangement was for Ferris to pick him up on the moped afterwards (she drove him up for petrol for the bike). If Ferris's claim that he lied to the gran about the time they were on the path was true, Dickie's mother must have known it was a lie - they were all talking to each other throughout that whole week.

Another relative said Ferris had told her he was on the path (at the time he was actually on the path, not the earlier, dishonest time) and that he'd said on July 1st he was going to go to the police.

How, with so many people knowing they were on the path at the very time police were claiming Jodi was murdered, did they manage to keep it from the police? Again, I'm not saying these two were involved in anything, I'm saying managing to keep this information out of a massive police investigation, when so many people so close to the victim knew about it, clearly had an impact on the direction (and claimed robustness) of the first week of the investigation.

Offline David1819

What is rather odd I must say is that since Luke was found guilty why has the court not prosecuted his mother for perjury? After all if Luke is guilty then she has lied in court in order try and let Luke getaway with murder.

Offline David1819

Luke's mother and brother were both charged with perverting the course of justice, ftr.

where they both found guilty of perjury (perverting the course of justice) ?

Offline marty

No, all the charges were dropped....go figure

Offline David1819

No, all the charges were dropped....go figure

That don't make sense,

Offline marty

They couldn't have been lying in their testimony could they? They dropped the charges.

Offline marty

That don't make sense,
Especially in a murder case.