Author Topic: The murder of 14 year-old schoolgirl Jodi Jones near Edinburgh on 30 June 2003  (Read 730304 times)

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
Indeed, Tyler - in fact, I've had a number of people commenting that this is "all the wrong way round" - Luke, his family and his supporters are all "delighted," but Jodi's family are "horrified" and "appalled."

That just doesn't make any sense. Jodi's brother came to my house som time ago, screaming at me that Luke's DNA was all over Jodi's body. I told him he had been misinformed, and offered to show him the DNA results, but he responded by threatening me!

Here's the perfect opportunity to resolve the matter once and for all. Please don't get me wrong, I understand that it must be awful for the family to have the case keep coming back to the appeal courts etc, over and over again - they can't have any closure as long as this is the case. But these tests could, potentially, give them that closure, even if, as we confidently believe, they come back identifying someone other than Luke as the perpetrator. I don't understand what's horrifying, appalling or unwelcome about that.

Can you tell us how long this is likely to take?   :) :) :) :)

Offline gordo30

Sorry to have to do this but I will not join that mans site..

So Jodi's clothes and the rope which was used to bind her are to be retested using more modern techniques.

Lets look at this.  Mitchell's DNA was never found on Jodi or her clothing yet he was her boyfriend and had been with her earlier on the day on which she was murdered.  The strange factor in all of this is that Mitchell's DNA should have been on Jodi and/or her clothing.

Finding his DNA now will not advance the case one iota.  Finding his DNA on the rope however will be game over!

What rope John!!!!!

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
theres no rope she was bound with her own clothes.

if anyone says theres a rope involved there etere lying or there the real killer.

Offline tyler

• Veteran Member
Nobody takes any notice of his opinions and judgement anyway! He helped campaign for SH didn't he? And look what happened there! When LM is proved innocent he may need to consider taking up a new hobby/interest as deciding which cases are MOJ's doesn't appear to be his strong point! 

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
im starting to wonder if hes actully the killer.

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
Has there been any results yet??????

Offline tyler

• Veteran Member
Where has our lovely nugnug got to? He will be able to tell us.

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
Where has our lovely nugnug got to? He will be able to tell us.

He is so sweet Tyler....I love him to bits.. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline tyler

• Veteran Member
Ah Patti..so do I

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
Ah Patti..so do I

Just been reading about the caravans that have been torched, owned by Luke's mother days after it was revealed that the DNA was looked in to.....40 thousand pounds worth of damage and this is not the first time the caravans have been targeted....

Offline tyler

• Veteran Member
Blimey that's terrible. Someone doesn't want the truth to come out me thinks!

Offline sandra L

Hi, sorry I didn't answer this question earlier. We have absolutely no idea when the test results will be available, or even how long the testing will take.

We haven't been told exactly what is to be tested ... or why. As you can imagine, it's horribly frustrating - on the one hand, we were delighted to be told there was to be new testing, but in its own way, that's become a form of slow torture, as we try to work out what may or may not be included.

I know which recommendations were made for forensic testing and re-testing (e.g. all of the semen deposits and sperm heads which came back "no reportable results," or which were simply not tested at all), and I'd hope those are, at the very least, the things being tested. There are others - mixed samples which one report stated formed a basis for the suggestion that a number of samples may have all originated from one person - that person was not Luke, so you can imagine how keen we are for those to be retested.

The local hostility towards those of us who have supported Luke's campaign over the years has been horrifying, but does seem to have calmed down massively in the last couple of years - the positive articles in the Scottish Mail on Sunday, in particular, have been very helpful in that respect. We are, however, still wary, as there are still pockets of extreme resistance and aggression towards the suggestion that Luke Mitchell may not only be innocent, but that more and more evidence is emerging to prove that to be so.

It's all, unfortunately for now, a waiting game - I will, of course, update whenever there are developments (within the constrictions enforced by the review process). Thanks again to everyone who has discussed the case.

Offline nugnug

Blimey that's terrible. Someone doesn't want the truth to come out me thinks!

oh your certainly right there tyler a few people dont.

Neil

Thanks Nugnug, I guess the fact that it's all gone a bit quiet with Luke's case, is a good sign?