Author Topic: The case of Madeleine McCann  (Read 585647 times)

Offline Steve_uk

Re: The case of Madeleine McCann
« Reply #2700 on: May 02, 2017, 07:29:PM »
I always thought Robert Murat was a good suspect but after he won substantial libel damages from the Press I'd better be careful what I say. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-489408/Madeleines-DNA-Murats-house-police-claim.html
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 07:29:PM by Steve_uk »

Offline lookout

« Reply #2701 on: May 02, 2017, 08:04:PM »
I always thought Robert Murat was a good suspect but after he won substantial libel damages from the Press I'd better be careful what I say. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-489408/Madeleines-DNA-Murats-house-police-claim.html

So did I,Steve. There were lots of things which pointed in his direction----------so suspicious.

guest7363

« Reply #2702 on: May 02, 2017, 08:06:PM »

So did I,Steve. There were lots of things which pointed in his direction----------so suspicious.
I hope to god they are proved right Lookout and she is found alive. 

Offline lookout

« Reply #2703 on: May 02, 2017, 08:16:PM »
I was wondering about the cadaver dogs lookout (I don't think Amaral is impartial either) and whether they are reliable or not?

If the dogs sniffed anything,it could have been transferred from Kate,who'd attended a couple of deaths before their holiday.No matter how much clothes are washed/dry-cleaned,a cadaver dog will still pick up the scent.
Kate had a Bible with her,which obviously wouldn't have been washed and the transfer of scent would permeate whatever it came into contact with.

Blood which was found behind a settee could have belonged to the family of holiday makers who moved into the apartment soon after the McCanns moved out to their other apartment while still staying in PDL. Tests were contaminated .
The hire van/car was hired after Madeleine had gone missing. The previous hirer was never documented or named.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator

Offline lookout

« Reply #2705 on: May 02, 2017, 08:47:PM »
I hope to god they are proved right Lookout and she is found alive.

I've always imagined that she is still alive,justice. I hope so anyway.

guest7363

« Reply #2706 on: May 02, 2017, 08:50:PM »

I've always imagined that she is still alive,justice. I hope so anyway.
Bless, and so do the family as well Lookout

Ps I had just been reading this when I saw yours and Jane's post, I couldn't stop laughing thinking what your grandson said.

http://news.sky.com/story/missing-fossil-link-to-jurassic-park-dinosaurs-found-after-more-than-80-years-in-museum-10860656

Offline lookout

« Reply #2707 on: May 02, 2017, 08:53:PM »
Same dogs in action here:

https://joana-morais.blogspot.co.uk/2008/01/eddie-and-keela-versus-team-mccann.html

The thing is Roch,those dogs can smell blood and cadavers-----------but one thing they can't do is tell you of who.

Offline lookout

« Reply #2708 on: May 03, 2017, 12:09:PM »
Programme on BBC1 tonight at 9pm marking 10 years since Madeleine's disappearance.

Offline lookout

« Reply #2709 on: May 03, 2017, 01:29:PM »

Very much in the same position as JB, Murat had fingers pointing from every direction. Even his alleged background had been very questionable,to say nothing about his behaviour on the night that the child went missing. His alibi was dodgy,in fact everything had pointed in his direction which proves how easy it is to misinterpret and to get the wrong man when you have others also " against his case ". The usual frenzy had been whipped up by a woman journalist who'd been so certain of Murat's guilt that word was passed around quickly to the attending police.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2710 on: May 03, 2017, 02:12:PM »

Very much in the same position as JB, Murat had fingers pointing from every direction. Even his alleged background had been very questionable,to say nothing about his behaviour on the night that the child went missing. His alibi was dodgy,in fact everything had pointed in his direction which proves how easy it is to misinterpret and to get the wrong man when you have others also " against his case ". The usual frenzy had been whipped up by a woman journalist who'd been so certain of Murat's guilt that word was passed around quickly to the attending police.

He was virtually hung drawn and quartered simply for having a glass eye.

Offline lookout

« Reply #2711 on: May 03, 2017, 02:38:PM »
He was virtually hung drawn and quartered simply for having a glass eye.

That's right,but it was so scary a thought at how easy it was to be drawn in once his background,along with a few fabrications/embellishments came to the fore.
He then jumped a flight to see his daughter in the UK and was made an arguido on his return,the same as the McCanns were. They probably suspected the man because much had been made of his movements,behaviour and background.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2712 on: May 03, 2017, 02:53:PM »

That's right,but it was so scary a thought at how easy it was to be drawn in once his background,along with a few fabrications/embellishments came to the fore.
He then jumped a flight to see his daughter in the UK and was made an arguido on his return,the same as the McCanns were. They probably suspected the man because much had been made of his movements,behaviour and background.

There was something to do with phone records...

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t320-why-were-both-murat-s-and-gerry-mccann-s-mobiles-switched-off-for-the-same-32-hours-on-2-and-3-may-2007

Offline lookout

« Reply #2713 on: May 03, 2017, 03:24:PM »
There was something to do with phone records...

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t320-why-were-both-murat-s-and-gerry-mccann-s-mobiles-switched-off-for-the-same-32-hours-on-2-and-3-may-2007

The author in most of these accusatory type comments or scenario's also happens to be a friend of Paul Harrison the author,and Tony Bennett also assisted PH in his book about Jeremy Bamber,so anything which is said or suggested by Bennett I tend not to look into so much.

Offline lookout

« Reply #2714 on: May 03, 2017, 03:34:PM »
Bennett ( ex-solicitor ) was damn lucky to have escaped being behind bars himself for the libellous thread he had accusing/damning the McCanns.