Author Topic: My first Bamber scenario ( sea wall bycycle)  (Read 786 times)

Offline ILB

Re: My first Bamber scenario ( sea wall bycycle)
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2024, 10:20:PM »
Other locals have said the sea wall would be treacherous at night, and highly likely a cycle would get a puncture.

If guilty I believed the only option was to go on foot, if he comes across anyone he can just duck down etc. Going on foot would not be much slower as cycling flat out in darkness is just ridiculous with no lights.

Identification wise going on foot and cycle are both massively risky.

He and his family were well known. His father was a prominent businessman and pillar of the community and employer.

It didn't need to be even a positive ID of him, a witness description  of a " young fella, dark hair slim mid twenties " would have tied him strongly circumstantially

If he walks past somebody. That's even a more clear cut chance of an ID.

Your right he could " dodge " round people but that in itself is risky
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 10:24:PM by ILB »
If yesterday you hated me. Then today you can not stop the love that binds from me to you. And you to me

Offline Adam

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2024, 10:22:PM »
A local woman suggests the sea wall had people on it all night doing night fishing and other activities.

So why didn't the defence say this?
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline ILB

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2024, 10:22:PM »
So why didn't the defence say this?

How should I know ?

You would have to ask Jeremy Bamber.and Kingsley Napley
If yesterday you hated me. Then today you can not stop the love that binds from me to you. And you to me

Offline Adam

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2024, 10:24:PM »
Other locals have said the sea wall would be treacherous at night, and highly likely a cycle would get a puncture.

If guilty I believed the only option was to go on foot, if he comes across anyone he can just duck down etc. Going on foot would not be much slower as cycling flat out in darkness is just ridiculous with no lights.

Get a puncture? It was a cycle path.

You are just trying to create obstacles on a straight forward journey.

Offline Rob_

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2024, 10:26:PM »

He and his family were well known. His father was a prominent businessman and pillar of the community and employer.

It didn't need to be even a positive ID of him, a witness description  of a " young fella, dark hair slim mid twenties " would have tied him strongly circumstantially

He is pretty much done for if anyone was seen that night running or cycling, but on foot to me is much safer as he would take a more direct route hugging hedges etc. Still risky and he would have to steer well clear of any properties I sometimes set dogs off from miles away.

Offline Adam

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2024, 10:28:PM »

If he walks past somebody. That's even a more clear cut chance of an ID.

Your right he could " dodge " round people but that in itself is risky

The Sea Wall passed no properties. It was not a short cut to other roads or adjoined roads.

Check Google maps.

No possibility of being seen.

Worth the risk.

Offline Rob_

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2024, 10:29:PM »
Get a puncture? It was a cycle path.

You are just trying to create obstacles on a straight forward journey.

I wish you would stop this nonsense Adam, the crime was committed in 1985 not 2024.

I once posted you a picture have another look, it's a shame you cannot discuss the case sensibly.

Offline Adam

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2024, 10:29:PM »
How should I know ?

You would have to ask Jeremy Bamber.and Kingsley Napley

Sounds like a made up story that has gathered support from supporters over the last 39 years.

Offline ILB

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2024, 10:37:PM »
Sounds like a made up story that has gathered support from supporters over the last 39 years.

That's a guilters prospective.

The other is it's a local to the area.

Offline ILB

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2024, 10:38:PM »
The Sea Wall passed no properties. It was not a short cut to other roads or adjoined roads.

Check Google maps.

No possibility of being seen.

Worth the risk.

Seems this woman is saying the sea wall was heavily populated overnight.

I can't say for certain I'm not a local and wasn't back in 1985.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 10:39:PM by ILB »

Offline Hardy Boy

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2024, 08:01:AM »
In fairness I didn't believe the sea wall would be a bad option population wise. I thought as Adam said it would be a zero risk as nobody would likely to be there at the time he is supposed to have set off.

A tik tok of Bamber speaking about it says " ridiculous over fields , on my mum's bike in the middle of the night ludicrous"

Which fields is he alluding to? I thought it was a path ? Or is he on about another route ?

I always said it wouldn't be possible without artificial lighting. That was and still is my main qualm with it. Not going to go over GG again as we've done it too many times.

However BA suggests that the sea wall having activity on it all night with people doing different activities to me makes the idea even less likely. She is a local and will know the area well.
RB only mentions fields when he had a meeting with Barlow ILB?

https://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3185.0;attach=20341;image

There would have been at least a 30 per cent increase in rolling resistance cycling the fields or the sea wall, Possibly more?

Offline Hardy Boy

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2024, 08:23:AM »
Seems this woman is saying the sea wall was heavily populated overnight.

I can't say for certain I'm not a local and wasn't back in 1985.
If you read it ILB she say's the sea wall encircled the Camp [meaning Osea Caravan Park] the route Jeremy would have taken via the sea wall wasn't near the Camp,  I'm not disputing what she say's, i worked on a holiday park for near 10 years in the area, at the time of the year the area's around the Camp would most certainly be busy especially at weekends, not usually in the week though, but the area away from the Camp where Jeremy was said to have cycled is possibly 3.5k away roughly to the start of the sea wall at Goldhanger, Pages Lane was in the opposite direction, he didn't go near Osea Caravan Park?

The sea wall encircled the camp, the bit around was tarmacked so that people could walk or ride a bike along with ease. It was always busy during weekends and school holidays. Families would go to their vans and spend the entire holidays there. Fathers would either travel back and forth to work or stay from Friday night to Sunday night there. Children would be up late; barbeques were a group affair where several families would get together and party sometimes till the early hours. This is why I dismiss the police claim that Jeremy rode along the wall on an August night without being seen. It would be impossible to do because people would be on the seawall, night fishing, sitting talking etc. all night. Everyone knew Jeremy and he would have be noticed.

When i read it i was waiting for the Punchline, the one that was going to somehow really back Jeremy up, it never came and then i realised what her gripe was, her gripe was against the Boutflours.........After Jeremy was imprisoned the family who took over the site was gentrifying and everything changed on the Camp. We all paid £1,000 a year for our plots but clearly this wasn’t enough. We were told in no uncertain terms that we had to buy a new van, no vans were allowed on site that were more than 5 years old. They could offer us a new van for the discount price of £14,000; I was earning £5,000 a year at the time and my husband Bri was on about £11,000. We said we couldn’t afford their fabulous offer, it was difficult enough to find the £1,000 a year rent as it was. We were then told that our van would be towed off of our current plot, and given a plot at the back of the camp by the rubbish dump for the same rent. Sadly we said that if this were the case we would leave the camp. The answer to that from the Boutflour management was our van would be towed off site and we would have to find a buyer and pay them 20% of the selling price plus £600 towing fee. We were distraught; as far as we were concerned we were being thrown off the site for no good reason. They were out to make as much money as possible unlike the Bamber’s that wanted an income but also cared that people had a chance of a peaceful holiday in beautiful surroundings.

I don't agree how these Holiday Park owners work personally ILB, but i assure you, Jeremy or the Bambers wouldn't have been any different to what the Boutlflours do or have done regarding Caravan sales ETC, they all sang from the same Hymn sheet.

Offline ILB

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2024, 08:36:AM »
If you read it ILB she say's the sea wall encircled the Camp [meaning Osea Caravan Park] the route Jeremy would have taken via the sea wall wasn't near the Camp,  I'm not disputing what she say's, i worked on a holiday park for near 10 years in the area, at the time of the year the area's around the Camp would most certainly be busy especially at weekends, not usually in the week though, but the area away from the Camp where Jeremy was said to have cycled is possibly 3.5k away roughly to the start of the sea wall at Goldhanger, Pages Lane was in the opposite direction, he didn't go near Osea Caravan Park?

The sea wall encircled the camp, the bit around was tarmacked so that people could walk or ride a bike along with ease. It was always busy during weekends and school holidays. Families would go to their vans and spend the entire holidays there. Fathers would either travel back and forth to work or stay from Friday night to Sunday night there. Children would be up late; barbeques were a group affair where several families would get together and party sometimes till the early hours. This is why I dismiss the police claim that Jeremy rode along the wall on an August night without being seen. It would be impossible to do because people would be on the seawall, night fishing, sitting talking etc. all night. Everyone knew Jeremy and he would have be noticed.

When i read it i was waiting for the Punchline, the one that was going to somehow really back Jeremy up, it never came and then i realised what her gripe was, her gripe was against the Boutflours.........After Jeremy was imprisoned the family who took over the site was gentrifying and everything changed on the Camp. We all paid £1,000 a year for our plots but clearly this wasn’t enough. We were told in no uncertain terms that we had to buy a new van, no vans were allowed on site that were more than 5 years old. They could offer us a new van for the discount price of £14,000; I was earning £5,000 a year at the time and my husband Bri was on about £11,000. We said we couldn’t afford their fabulous offer, it was difficult enough to find the £1,000 a year rent as it was. We were then told that our van would be towed off of our current plot, and given a plot at the back of the camp by the rubbish dump for the same rent. Sadly we said that if this were the case we would leave the camp. The answer to that from the Boutflour management was our van would be towed off site and we would have to find a buyer and pay them 20% of the selling price plus £600 towing fee. We were distraught; as far as we were concerned we were being thrown off the site for no good reason. They were out to make as much money as possible unlike the Bamber’s that wanted an income but also cared that people had a chance of a peaceful holiday in beautiful surroundings.

I don't agree how these Holiday Park owners work personally ILB, but i assure you, Jeremy or the Bambers wouldn't have been any different to what the Boutlflours do or have done regarding Caravan sales ETC, they all sang from the same Hymn sheet.

I have heard her about her gripe about the caravan before. In reference to the the Boutflour Eaton camp.

Business is business Hardy, profit is profit. No disrespect meant against the family in this respect

But as you say what she discusses about the wall may very be correct
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 08:38:AM by ILB »

Offline Hardy Boy

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2024, 08:59:AM »
I have heard her about her gripe about the caravan before. In reference to the the Boutflour Eaton camp.

Business is business Hardy, profit is profit. No disrespect meant against the family in this respect

But as you say what she discusses about the wall may very be correct
For a Sea wall Plot in that area it would be near £6000 a year rent now, without checking.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 09:02:AM by Hardy Boy »

Offline ILB

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2024, 09:04:AM »
For a Sea wall Plot in that area it would be near £6000 a year rent now, without checking.

Pretty much out of a remit for a skint South Yorkshire boy like myself !