Author Topic: why did hantatty change his albi  (Read 805 times)

Online nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
why did hantatty change his albi
« on: January 14, 2024, 08:04:PM »
seems a strange thing to do

he first said he was liverpool then change it to  wales why
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 08:06:PM by nugnug »

Offline Steve_uk

Re: why did hantatty change his albi
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 08:41:PM »
seems a strange thing to do

he first said he was liverpool then change it to  wales why
I think Paul Foot suggested in his book that the Hanratty family wanted to profit from a News of the World deal and didn't realize how serious the situation had become. It may have been because he didn't want to admit to the jewellery fencing. In any case, if you're on a capital murder charge and you have a watertight alibi there would seem no logical reason to conceal it. Coupled with the DNA evidence makes me think the verdict is safe, though conspiracy theorists will still argue the contrary. https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2002/may/13/ukcrime.comment
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 08:42:PM by Steve_uk »

Online nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 09:47:PM »
it probebly led to his coniction

Offline Rob_

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2024, 10:23:PM »
I think Paul Foot suggested in his book that the Hanratty family wanted to profit from a News of the World deal and didn't realize how serious the situation had become. It may have been because he didn't want to admit to the jewellery fencing. In any case, if you're on a capital murder charge and you have a watertight alibi there would seem no logical reason to conceal it. Coupled with the DNA evidence makes me think the verdict is safe, though conspiracy theorists will still argue the contrary. https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2002/may/13/ukcrime.comment

Most of the evidence points to innocence, for example the police knew that the car was nowhere near London when two witnesses identified Hanratty as the driver, but this was withheld at trial.

DNA evidence should never be used on it's own as proof of guilt.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2024, 11:33:PM »
Most of the evidence points to innocence, for example the police knew that the car was nowhere near London when two witnesses identified Hanratty as the driver, but this was withheld at trial.

DNA evidence should never be used on it's own as proof of guilt.
It's a circumstantial case, even without the DNA, but most of the evidence points to guilt: the identification evidence by Valerie Storie and James Trower, the suit Hanratty had bought at Hepworths but was not handed in to police, knowledge of the roadworks near to where his relatives lived in Kingsbury (I believe he also had an aunt who lived near Dorney Reach), the conversation including the cockney "f" sound and the use of the word "kip". There was the murder weapon found on the upstairs of a double-decker bus.

Had Alphon been paid to dispatch the pair there would have been no need to drive the car round for hours on end. He would have killed them as soon as Gregsten wound the window down and hurried back home, job done.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 11:34:PM by Steve_uk »

Offline Rob_

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2024, 09:11:PM »
It's a circumstantial case, even without the DNA, but most of the evidence points to guilt: the identification evidence by Valerie Storie and James Trower, the suit Hanratty had bought at Hepworths but was not handed in to police, knowledge of the roadworks near to where his relatives lived in Kingsbury (I believe he also had an aunt who lived near Dorney Reach), the conversation including the cockney "f" sound and the use of the word "kip". There was the murder weapon found on the upstairs of a double-decker bus.

Had Alphon been paid to dispatch the pair there would have been no need to drive the car round for hours on end. He would have killed them as soon as Gregsten wound the window down and hurried back home, job done.

I guess we all look at things differently Steve, without the dna evidence to me it is a 100% clear moj no doubt whatsoever, what the cops got up to was extremely poor to say the least. What I find very strange is why only one dna profile was found on the samples?

The exhibits were all lugged around together contamination cannot be ruled out. Valerie originally picked out a totally innocent man and only picked out Hanratty after he was asked to speak several phrases which at that time in London would be quite common.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2024, 07:13:PM »
I guess we all look at things differently Steve, without the dna evidence to me it is a 100% clear moj no doubt whatsoever, what the cops got up to was extremely poor to say the least. What I find very strange is why only one dna profile was found on the samples?

The exhibits were all lugged around together contamination cannot be ruled out. Valerie originally picked out a totally innocent man and only picked out Hanratty after he was asked to speak several phrases which at that time in London would be quite common.
But she didn't pick out Alphon either. The crime to me has all the hallmarks of someone not in control of his faculties, no plan, unsure of how to proceed, having to pause during the commission of the crime, someone of very low intelligence. I think Gregsten sensed this when he made the movement with the bag, possibly in an attempt to grab the weapon.

Alphon was a completely different character: cocky, over-confident, garrulous. I just don't see him dithering during the execution of the crime, neither do I see him dumping the murder weapon under the backseat of a double-decker bus, a location Hanratty had told Charles "Dixie" France would be a good place to hide incriminating objects.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 07:14:PM by Steve_uk »

Offline Rob_

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2024, 09:09:PM »
But she didn't pick out Alphon either. The crime to me has all the hallmarks of someone not in control of his faculties, no plan, unsure of how to proceed, having to pause during the commission of the crime, someone of very low intelligence. I think Gregsten sensed this when he made the movement with the bag, possibly in an attempt to grab the weapon.

Alphon was a completely different character: cocky, over-confident, garrulous. I just don't see him dithering during the execution of the crime, neither do I see him dumping the murder weapon under the backseat of a double-decker bus, a location Hanratty had told Charles "Dixie" France would be a good place to hide incriminating objects.

It was the behaviour of the police in this case that is quite shocking, a lot was withheld from the jury. For example Valerie's  first statement where the age of the assailant was changed, statements were proved by ESDA testing to have been changed etc. etc.

Once I find the police lying I don't trust nothing they say, including dna tests.