Author Topic: Auditors  (Read 2276 times)

Offline Hardy Boy

Re: Auditors
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2024, 06:00:PM »
I haven't witnessed this so I will take your word for it HB. 

I've just remembered the Poll Tax riots 1990.  Can you remember that? There was serious disorder then.

I do recall some marches by the football lads alliance; and I think they were of peaceful intentions but may have been overly policed. Marchers get kettled by the police.
Well the local Police wouldn't police it, because they knew it was wrong, that's why they bought the MET in.  Yes i can remember the Poll tax Roch and it's only through the Public that it got squashed. 

Offline Jane

« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2024, 06:04:PM »
Remember my issue is not what is happening in Gaza Roch, i have no words because it is horrible, i cannot imagine what the Israel people who got killed and took hostage or the people of Gaza are going through,  my issue is what is happening in my Country

We appear to be going through attitudes similar to those in the 30s, when the aristocracy/higher eschalons of society were all antisemites -indeed, as was the aunt who bought up my partner- I find the mind set abhorrent. Throughout my life, and even now, peoples of all races, religions, and beliefs have been a part. I'm more inclined to blame subsequent governments than those they govern.

Offline Hardy Boy

« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2024, 07:18:PM »

We appear to be going through attitudes similar to those in the 30s, when the aristocracy/higher eschalons of society were all antisemites -indeed, as was the aunt who bought up my partner- I find the mind set abhorrent. Throughout my life, and even now, peoples of all races, religions, and beliefs have been a part. I'm more inclined to blame subsequent governments than those they govern.
The government watch what happens and then watch what public opinion is and then act accordingly Jane.  When it happened during the miners strike Jane, it was a Tory right wing press, who never reported the true facts, it was stage managed to make miners look like thugs, so the likes of Steve and the population has the opinion that the miners were all Scargill's thugs, luckily we have independant journalists and independant news channels that have open debate and report true facts and allow debate now Jane.

The St George's day gathering is a once a year happening, no other factions around to possibly cause trouble, straight away they got labbeled Football and right wing, in other words thugs, section 60 was put in place and face masks could be asked to be removed.  There wasn't one bit of trouble till the police put a block on movement and next, what happened and similar to Orgreave Horses moved in and tension's flared, notice then how all focus from the Press goes on that particular scene with the Horses.   

NGB rightly says that the Palestine Marchers are relativly Peaceful, i do agree, They are trouble free only by the way they are being Policed, by the MET two tier Policing.  But they wouldn't be if the Police blocked the path and put horses in and then asked every Marcher to remove their face coverings and labelled them Hamas supporters......................which most are probably not, just like most enjoying St George's day gathering event wasn't football thugs or right wing. 

Offline Hardy Boy

« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2024, 07:27:PM »
It make s me feel sick when that officer say's the words "you are quite openly Jewish"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcjX-lPf5Wc

Online ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: April 26, 2024, 10:06:AM »

Yesterday's Telegraph proclaimed "British Jews packing their bags". Words fail me. I feel sickened.

I would be sickened also if it were true.  However, it is not.

Online Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2024, 10:13:AM »

The Telegraph can be terrible propaganda. Even so, I like some of its features.

Offline Jane

« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2024, 11:21:AM »

Perhaps I miswrote. Like you, I don't believe the claim is a true one. Of itself, such is enough to sicken, don't you think? In case you wonder, I'm cynical about much which I see in print, whether it be in the Sun/Mirror, or Times/Telegraph. They seem to aim elements to truth wrapped up in ways -not necessarily true- acceptable to their readers.

Online ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2024, 02:46:PM »

Perhaps I miswrote. Like you, I don't believe the claim is a true one. Of itself, such is enough to sicken, don't you think? In case you wonder, I'm cynical about much which I see in print, whether it be in the Sun/Mirror, or Times/Telegraph. They seem to aim elements to truth wrapped up in ways -not necessarily true- acceptable to their readers.

I agree entirely.

Offline Hardy Boy

« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2024, 03:52:PM »
I think that story is linked to Gideon Falter NGB?

Offline Hardy Boy

« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2024, 04:09:PM »
BARONESS CLAIRE FOX

Baroness Claire Fox CRITICISES Police’s “Differential Approach” To Protests

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r7G4gFZiio

Online ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2024, 04:36:PM »
I think that story is linked to Gideon Falter NGB?

Do you mean the Telegraph story referred to by Jane?   

Offline Hardy Boy

« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2024, 05:00:PM »
Do you mean the Telegraph story referred to by Jane?
No Sorry NGB, iv'e read  articles where he is saying the exact same thing, re-Standard.............. Gideon Falter, chief executive of the Campaign Against Antisemitism, said an earlier opinion survey had already shown that about half of Jewish people were considering moving abroad and that the trend was growing because of continuing hostility from sections of the community.

Online ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2024, 05:24:PM »
No Sorry NGB, iv'e read  articles where he is saying the exact same thing, re-Standard.............. Gideon Falter, chief executive of the Campaign Against Antisemitism, said an earlier opinion survey had already shown that about half of Jewish people were considering moving abroad and that the trend was growing because of continuing hostility from sections of the community.

Thank you for clarifying that HB.  I find it hard to believe anything Gideon Falter says, but the suggestion that half of Jewish people are thinking of moving abroad is obviously ludicrous.  I doubt if even one per cent of Jewish people are actually thinking of moving abroad and of those most will be planning to move for work or family related reasons, or because some are going to exercise their automatic right to emigrate to Israel. The idea that Britain is like Germany in the late 1930s and is not safe for Jews is absolute rubbish.  Hard line Zionists widen the definition of anti-Semitism to include any criticism of Israel. 

Offline Hardy Boy

« Reply #103 on: April 26, 2024, 05:35:PM »
Thank you for clarifying that HB.  I find it hard to believe anything Gideon Falter says, but the suggestion that half of Jewish people are thinking of moving abroad is obviously ludicrous.  I doubt if even one per cent of Jewish people are actually thinking of moving abroad and of those most will be planning to move for work or family related reasons, or because some are going to exercise their automatic right to emigrate to Israel. The idea that Britain is like Germany in the late 1930s and is not safe for Jews is absolute rubbish.  Hard line Zionists widen the definition of anti-Semitism to include any criticism of Israel.
I agree NGB,  i don't think were any where near that and it is rubbish.