Author Topic: Maggie - very sad news  (Read 3874 times)

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
Maggie - very sad news
« on: November 10, 2020, 12:37:PM »

I am really sorry to announce that our long standing and respected member Maggie died at home yesterday.  I am sure all members will be really saddened by this terrible news.

Maggie had fought a long and brave battle against cancer years ago and despite suffering a lot she appeared to have beaten the disease.  She still had health issues but she adopted a very positive attitude and made light of them.  She managed to make the most of her life, despite the difficulties.  Sadly the cancer recently returned in an aggressive way.

I got to know Maggie through the forum and came to regard her as a friend.  I was pleased when she joined the moderation team.  She was subsequently promoted to Global Moderator and worked hard to support the forum.  She gave me support in difficult times and I will will always remember and be grateful for that.  We not only exchanged messages and emails but also spoke at length on the phone.  She was a really kind person who put herself out to help others.  She was also devoted to her family - I extend my deepest condolences to them.

Maggie's death is a terrible loss.

You will be missed Maggie.  Goodbye and Rest In Peace. 

Neil

« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 01:52:PM by ngb1066 »

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
Re: Maggie - very sad news
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 01:40:PM »
Shocked and saddened. I did not know Maggie was unwell but had noticed she was on the forum less and less. Maggie showed great tact and patience on this forum and came across as an empathetic and kindhearted individual. Condolences to her loved ones x
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 01:40:PM by Roch »

Offline susan

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 01:46:PM »
Hello Roch

the forum will not be the same without Maggie.  Her illness was quite short really but as Neil said became very aggressive towards the end X 

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 01:50:PM »
Hello Roch

the forum will not be the same without Maggie.  Her illness was quite short really but as Neil said became very aggressive towards the end X

Hello Susan. I do recall Maggie having to take time out from the forum several years ago. Gutted I didn't communicate with her more when she was last on here. Like Neil says, Maggie you will be missed.

Offline susan

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 01:57:PM »
Hi Roch

don't feel gutted Maggie had a very high regard for you and was delighted when you came back to the forum after being away for awhile.  She will be missed so much it is hard to believe she is no longer with us X

Offline Aunt Agatha

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2020, 02:33:PM »
Very sad news. I'm sorry for your loss. 🙏😢

Offline David1819

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2020, 02:38:PM »
Oh no.  :(

Offline petey

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2020, 04:00:PM »
Very sad to hear that news.

I’d like to pass on my regards to her family and friends. I know she will be missed by so many people.

Pete
x
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 04:00:PM by petey »

Offline lookout

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2020, 04:51:PM »
I can't believe this very sad news. Maggie and I pm'd often and caught up with each others news around the family. We had planned on meeting at some point in Maggie's old  home town of Liverpool, but were waiting for the right time in both cases.
My thoughts go to her husband and family---her loving girls.xx. Maggie's last visit to their birthplace was last year and as she'd said, that journey was getting more tiring as the years went by.

Maggie will be greatly missed and I'm so sorry to hear this news. I'm deeply saddened. RIP lovely lady.xx

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2020, 08:13:PM »
Very sad news. She was always fair in her posts. I thought she erred more on the side of Jeremy Bamber's innocence rather than his guilt.

Offline susan

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2020, 08:53:PM »
Hi Steve  You are right on both counts.  Maggie was the best and will be sadly missed on and off the forum.   
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 08:55:PM by susan »

guest7363

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2020, 07:48:AM »
So sad and shocked  to hear this news about Maggie, My sincere condolences.

Offline susan

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2020, 08:42:PM »
Hi Petey very very sad news about our dear Maggie she had an affinity towards you because of her lovely Liverpool.  I will pass on your condolences to her family x

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2020, 10:21:PM »
What a lovely tribute to Maggie Neil.

I was deeply saddened to hear the loss of such a beautiful and kind hearted person. A great loss to all that knew her and to her lovely family who Maggie loved so dear. I will miss her dearly, for we always kept in touch. Rest in peace my lovely. I had total respect for you. Forever in my heart. xxxx
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 10:23:PM by Patti »

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2020, 10:34:PM »
Hello Patti. Really glad you have posted. Awful circs but hope you are well.