Author Topic: Russia - worrying?  (Read 145052 times)

Offline Steve_uk

Re: Russia - worrying?
« Reply #3195 on: March 13, 2024, 07:35:PM »
    Navalny, has served his last useful service to his western paymasters. Jailed and of no more use except as a martyr, he coincidentally became a martyr. The western media who share the same employers as Navalny were ready within minutes with their "Putin killed Navalny" headlines and stories complete with demands for more sanctions. Navalny's "wife" also by huge coincidence had been invited to the Munich Security conference where she spoke to the gathered "dignitaries"/stooges.
     It also dominated western news preventing any reporting from Adveevka which was an unmitigated disaster for the Ukraine and their western sponsors.
    Steve and David have got nothing right through the many years of this and other related threads and have learnt nothing. It has been noticeable, to me anyway NGB, that many more people are seeing through the obvious lies of Western governments and their PR arm in the media. People are not buying the obvious lies and the double standards are becoming too huge to ignore. David and Steve are becoming figures of mockery with their idiotic repeating of obvious lies. Believing western media, governments and intel agencies (all the same agency in reality) is the adult equivalent of the childish and unquestioning belief in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy of a five year old.
     They learnt nothing from the schooling that you just gave them. Same as always.
On the contrary. You and ngb1066 have overegged the pudding so many times you have no credibility left. Had you stuck to NATO's mistakes you might have been taken more seriously, instead of trying to justify a terrible, despotic, illegal regime, which is Putin's Russia.

Now listen and learn: https://youtu.be/wMiFNSZg6hE

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #3196 on: March 13, 2024, 08:48:PM »
On the contrary. You and ngb1066 have overegged the pudding so many times you have no credibility left. Had you stuck to NATO's mistakes you might have been taken more seriously, instead of trying to justify a terrible, despotic, illegal regime, which is Putin's Russia.

As I have made clear many times, I am not a supporter of Putin and in fact support the main opposition to Putin in Russia.  However, I do not accept that Navalny was in any way a hero, he was a thoroughly reactionary and unpleasant element on the fringes of Russian politics. 

Offline gringo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3197 on: March 14, 2024, 08:03:PM »

In common with every single post that you have made on this thread, your latest adds nothing to anyone's understanding. This is unsurprising since you have no understanding of the "Realpolitik" of world affairs. The fact that you use terminology such as ""terrible, despotic, illegal regime which is Putin's Russia" instead of explaining to anyone reading exactly how the Russian government is "terrible, despotic or illegal" is telling. You have a childish understanding of world affairs and speak in soundbites and mantras.
    By any reasonable metric, Putin is the most respected world leader on the planet. The fact that indoctrinated western media consumers believe him to be the second coming of Hitler, Genghis Khan and probably the Devil himself is testament only to the shallowness and lack of any real knowledge or insight of those still dumb enough to read western mainstream media and still take it seriously.
    It is perfectly clear to anyone who can read that the analysis put forward by both me and NGB has stood the test of time on this now 9+ years long thread. On the other hand, according to your long running commentary Russia should have been crushed long ago. You have been consistent only in your proven to be wrong headed "analysis". I placed analysis in inverted commas because when applied to you it is a euphemism for, "simply repeating the headlines from the Daily Telegraph, BBC, Independent et al". Read through the thread, Steve. You should be embarrassed to be still posting this drivel after being proven wrong time and time again.
    All of this aside, what are you even trying to say in your witless and pointless post. Putin is the President of The Russian Federation. He is elected democratically and is supported by the vast majority of Russians. These are the facts that you have to deal with honestly. I have no say nor investment in Russian domestic politics. That is for Russians to decide and I have made this clear numerous times in this thread. How Putin acts geopolitically is all that I am concerned with. It is you who constantly raises the issue of Russian domestic politics, albeit in the above mentioned soundbites and mantras lifted directly from what the BBC or Telegraph say. To be kind, your understanding of Russian domestic politics, is no worse than your understanding of geopolitics. To be less kind, you have nothing of truth or value to say about either.

Offline gringo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3198 on: March 14, 2024, 08:09:PM »

Or if you prefer the shorter reply,
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it think"

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #3199 on: March 14, 2024, 09:18:PM »
    In common with every single post that you have made on this thread, your latest adds nothing to anyone's understanding. This is unsurprising since you have no understanding of the "Realpolitik" of world affairs. The fact that you use terminology such as ""terrible, despotic, illegal regime which is Putin's Russia" instead of explaining to anyone reading exactly how the Russian government is "terrible, despotic or illegal" is telling. You have a childish understanding of world affairs and speak in soundbites and mantras.
    By any reasonable metric, Putin is the most respected world leader on the planet. The fact that indoctrinated western media consumers believe him to be the second coming of Hitler, Genghis Khan and probably the Devil himself is testament only to the shallowness and lack of any real knowledge or insight of those still dumb enough to read western mainstream media and still take it seriously.
    It is perfectly clear to anyone who can read that the analysis put forward by both me and NGB has stood the test of time on this now 9+ years long thread. On the other hand, according to your long running commentary Russia should have been crushed long ago. You have been consistent only in your proven to be wrong headed "analysis". I placed analysis in inverted commas because when applied to you it is a euphemism for, "simply repeating the headlines from the Daily Telegraph, BBC, Independent et al". Read through the thread, Steve. You should be embarrassed to be still posting this drivel after being proven wrong time and time again.
    All of this aside, what are you even trying to say in your witless and pointless post. Putin is the President of The Russian Federation. He is elected democratically and is supported by the vast majority of Russians. These are the facts that you have to deal with honestly. I have no say nor investment in Russian domestic politics. That is for Russians to decide and I have made this clear numerous times in this thread. How Putin acts geopolitically is all that I am concerned with. It is you who constantly raises the issue of Russian domestic politics, albeit in the above mentioned soundbites and mantras lifted directly from what the BBC or Telegraph say. To be kind, your understanding of Russian domestic politics, is no worse than your understanding of geopolitics. To be less kind, you have nothing of truth or value to say about either.

This sums up Putin's regime. To quote the old joke: someone broke into the Kremlin yesterday and stole next week's election results. The death of Alexei Navalny has taught you nothing: you know nothing of the workings of a totalitarian society, you know nothing of the terror instilled into the population and how it's achieved. One day there will be a statue of Navalny erected in Red Square.

I just hope I live to see it.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 09:22:PM by Steve_uk »

Offline gringo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3200 on: March 14, 2024, 09:35:PM »
This sums up Putin's regime. To quote the old joke: someone broke into the Kremlin yesterday and stole next week's election results. The death of Alexei Navalny has taught you nothing: you know nothing of the workings of a totalitarian society, you know nothing of the terror instilled into the population and how it's achieved. One day there will be a statue of Navalny erected in Red Square.

I just hope I live to see it.
    Totalitarianism is just a term that you bandy around with no understanding of yourself. To call Russia a totalitarian state simply makes the term meaningless. You employ hyperbole as a substitute for substance and it shows.
    Why would Navalny have a statue erected in Moscow? Which of his "policies" were you most supportive of? Was it his overt fascism and racism that attracted you to support him?, as you self evidently do. 

Offline handyman

« Reply #3201 on: March 15, 2024, 04:19:AM »
I've just read this, it gives some very good insights into what/ whom really benefits from the Ukrainian/ Russian conflict.
https://gpja.org.nz/2024/03/15/unsustainable-war-machine-u-s-imperialism-in-crisis/#like-7356

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #3202 on: March 22, 2024, 05:03:PM »
I've just read this, it gives some very good insights into what/ whom really benefits from the Ukrainian/ Russian conflict.
https://gpja.org.nz/2024/03/15/unsustainable-war-machine-u-s-imperialism-in-crisis/#like-7356
I've heard all this Marxist rubbish before. Ironic that China took 800 million people out of extreme poverty through the capitalist economy, yet 30 million starved to death from 1959-61 under the Communist system. I agree about the American armaments industry, though if that country is not to act as world policeman I can't see any other country taking on that role.

Offline Steve_uk

Offline handyman

« Reply #3204 on: March 23, 2024, 12:43:AM »
I've heard all this Marxist rubbish before. Ironic that China took 800 million people out of extreme poverty through the capitalist economy, yet 30 million starved to death from 1959-61 under the Communist system. I agree about the American armaments industry, though if that country is not to act as world policeman I can't see any other country taking on that role.

I don't profess to be an expert or a follower of Marxism. Who in my eyes is simply a critique of Capitalism.
Elites who are part of the powerful Industrial, Banking, Capitalist class, would be foolish not to beware of some of the preaching of Marx, because it would give good insights as to when Capitalism is in trouble, acting as a barometer for when a fix needs to be put in place..
Such as when a situation of surplus is reached. Whereby lots of differing antidotes could be unleashed onto the unsuspecting general population.

Capitalists produce goods and services only for profit and not for need. Production is disrupted when commodities can no longer be sold at a profit. Capitalist production can be effectively expanded, but the markets respond slowly, if at all. The overproduction is relative; that is, it’s not that more is produced than is needed. It’s that more is produced than can be sold at a profit.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 12:45:AM by handyman »

Offline gringo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3206 on: April 12, 2024, 09:57:PM »
https://twitter.com/MyLordBebo/status/1778477764640690386

“Very soon the only topic for international meeting on Ukraine will be the unconditional surrender of the Kiev regime
— Nebenzya, UN representative for Russia

Offline gringo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3207 on: April 12, 2024, 10:27:PM »
https://twitter.com/MyLordBebo/status/1778477764640690386

“Very soon the only topic for international meeting on Ukraine will be the unconditional surrender of the Kiev regime
— Nebenzya, UN representative for Russia

The unravelling of NATO will begin with the EU not far behind, in my view. NATO have staked their existence on Ukraine. NATO officials have explicitly stated on numerous occasions that a defeat for Ukraine is a defeat for NATO and here we are. Long ago I described the situation that the "Collective West" was in, as being in check everywhere on the board. Can't move and in zugzwang and this is becoming increasingly apparent. The lashing out of their vassal colony in Occupied Palestine desperate to draw the US into war to save their own skins only emphasises the dilemma that the West faces. US are powerless to intervene. The development of accurate and un-interceptable hypersonic missiles has made their isolated bases all over the Middle East indefensible. Likewise their Naval Carrier Groups. Currently the US are suing for peace against the Houthis who have humiliated the US/UK and are not interested in the bribes/concessions offered by the US in order that Ansarallah desist from their blockade. The AnsarAllah blockade ends when the blockade and occupation of Gaza ends. If US/UK/NATO are powerless against Yemen's AnsarAllah movement, which they are, then I don't rate their chances against Iran-never mind their allies.
      The weakness of the West is becoming more and more exposed. NATO's total defeat in Ukraine is the beginning of their end.

Offline David1819

« Reply #3208 on: April 21, 2024, 02:29:AM »
How a store manager from India ended up killed on the battlefields of Ukraine fighting for Russia

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/19/india/india-russia-ukraine-one-mans-death-intl-hnk-ml/index.html

Offline David1819

« Reply #3209 on: April 21, 2024, 03:04:PM »