Author Topic: The case of Madeleine McCann  (Read 585624 times)

Offline lookout

Re: The case of Madeleine McCann
« Reply #2070 on: October 23, 2013, 08:27:PM »
lookout just heard the news in the backgroud not sure which child was taken from her natural parents.  The world has gone mad.  Just brought the news up it is the 7 year old Roma girl who was taken from her natural parents now reunited after DNA tests prove she is their daughter what a state of affairs.

This is what happens through hearsay,Susan. Usually authorities like social services won't act on a phone-call,as 9 times out of 10,,it's someone getting their own back on a neighbour.
In the Maria case,,it was the authorities that physically saw the child,and took a chance, but with this 7 year old,,it was word of mouth. I hope this isn't how it's going to be conducted,,or the kids are going to be hidden from view altogether and there'll be no chance of finding any more. 

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2071 on: October 23, 2013, 08:38:PM »
Maddie found in Ireland.? Is that it.? I haven't read it,,only that a second child was found today,,and it gave no details.

Yes that is it. 

They found a young girl in Ireland about 10 days ago wondering the streets she had been abused or something, but not heard about it since or who she belongs to. 

The 7 year old, I read earlier had been returned to her family following a DNA test.  The problem is people jumping to conclusions, which will lead to children being taken from their natural parents as in the case of the 7 year old in Dublin....The authorities have to tread very carefully here....in my opinion.... :) :) :) :)

Offline susan

« Reply #2072 on: October 23, 2013, 08:44:PM »
Hi Patti it is dreadful really taking an innocent child from her parents think it was neighbours who tipped the police off :(

Offline lookout

« Reply #2073 on: October 23, 2013, 09:05:PM »
More Romas have been arrested in Lesvos,the Aegean today,for trying to register a little 22 month old boy as their own. Authorities should be scouring Greece for these abducted children.Bless their little hearts. Nobody knows who Maria belongs to,poor little mite. I hope their foster/adoption rules are as strict as ours if and when the time comes.

Offline lookout

« Reply #2074 on: October 23, 2013, 10:16:PM »
Madeleine case to be re-opened in Portugal because of new leads.

Offline grahameb

« Reply #2075 on: October 24, 2013, 11:23:AM »
More Romas have been arrested in Lesvos,the Aegean today,for trying to register a little 22 month old boy as their own. Authorities should be scouring Greece for these abducted children.Bless their little hearts. Nobody knows who Maria belongs to,poor little mite. I hope their foster/adoption rules are as strict as ours if and when the time comes.
And there's me thinking that gypsies kidnap children only in fairy tales. I never thought it was true. Although I must admit that as a very young child I used to be afraid of going up the top fields when a family of them arrived in town. I'm not sure if little Maddy is still alive after all the publicity the case has received? Children who are kidnapped in the far east for the disgusting sex trade are usually murdered if that only become ill. These men can be very brutal. Bordering on some sub human species.

Online nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #2076 on: October 24, 2013, 02:41:PM »
i cant see why the gypsies would steal children i mean havent they got enough of there own why would they want more.

Offline susan

« Reply #2077 on: October 24, 2013, 02:59:PM »
Nugnug  I suspect they steal little children to sell on :(

Offline lookout

« Reply #2078 on: October 24, 2013, 03:18:PM »
i cant see why the gypsies would steal children i mean havent they got enough of there own why would they want more.

Nugs,,they get child benefit,,just by registering any child,,and because they travel about,,they register in different countries,,which boosts their income.So a nice little earner when there are no legalities such as we've got here.

Online nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #2079 on: October 24, 2013, 03:34:PM »
you only get child benfit in the uk not all the rest of eroupe has it.

child benfit does not cover the cost of keeping children anyway.

Offline lookout

« Reply #2080 on: October 24, 2013, 03:42:PM »

They get some kind of benefit,nugs,,because where Marie was,,they were getting a few thousand a month.

Offline lookout

« Reply #2081 on: October 24, 2013, 03:44:PM »
As well as sending the children out to beg,,or sell what they've made,,baskets,rugs and the like.

Offline grahameb

« Reply #2082 on: October 24, 2013, 07:15:PM »

No. My child benefit would hardly cover the cost of a good night out. ::)  ;)

Offline susan

« Reply #2083 on: October 24, 2013, 07:20:PM »
Grahame does your wife get child benefit for you thought you were older ;D ;D ;D

Offline grahameb

« Reply #2084 on: October 24, 2013, 07:46:PM »
Grahame does your wife get child benefit for you thought you were older ;D ;D ;D
No. All our kids are grown up. It was a joke. ::)