Author Topic: Scottish independence  (Read 2720 times)

Offline Hardy Boy

Re: Scottish independence
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2024, 08:27:AM »
Let's wait and see. She may have been fed false information by her husband. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nicola-sturgeon-husband-peter-murrell-charged-snp-b2531343.html
I smell a Rat I'm afraid Steve, she may well worm herself out of it, but my own Personal Opinion she knew everything that was Happening within the SNP Finances, her own Husband give a loan to the Party of over £100,000 to the SNP to help it out with a "cash flow" issue after the last election.  Ms Sturgeon was quizzed on the origin of finances used by her husband but said the funds were entirely his own and she could not recall when she first learned of it.  Oh also, he didn't want any interest back on the loan as well,  now if she knew the finances were entirley his own, which was reported in the 2021 accounts,  she knew all about it.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2024, 09:45:AM »
Good question Roch, i think the Scots have three regiments made up within the UK armed forces,  Royal Regiment of Scotland, the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards and the Scots Guards, who most certaily would rebel, also they have a lot of Scots within the other Regiments as well?

Most of the UK deterant [Nuclear] is based in Faslane, on the River Clyde and the SNP are opposed to the Nuclear site and said they would turn it into a headquarters of their own Naval site?

Personally it would never come to that, it was suggested at the time the UK would oppose such actions, also the fact i think their own SNP Ministers are doing the job themselves Roch, in other words, the Crushing of the Independence movement will be crushed at the next Election i think?

They have been in a power sharing with the Greens, they have now lost their support, it will be interesting to see what Happens next week, will the Alba Party prop him up by virtue of Ash Regan?  I believe Ash Regan, and the Alba Party have made a number of demands pro-trans agenda and its lack of progress on achieving independence,  so it looks like Alex Salmond is back in the Frame again.

Are the Coldstream Guards a Scottish regiment?  This all started to go wrong with the Alex Salmond accusations. Has it been decided that they were false allegations?

I just remembered how the Catalans were dealt with by the Spanish. I'm undecided whether I want Scotland to go their own way. I wonder where it would be the kick in the arse that England needs, to change our ways?  Not that it's likely to happen now.

Offline Hardy Boy

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2024, 01:34:PM »
Are the Coldstream Guards a Scottish regiment?  This all started to go wrong with the Alex Salmond accusations. Has it been decided that they were false allegations?

I just remembered how the Catalans were dealt with by the Spanish. I'm undecided whether I want Scotland to go their own way. I wonder where it would be the kick in the arse that England needs, to change our ways?  Not that it's likely to happen now.
Yes my appoliges Roch, they are near the Border.  Alex Salmond was an influential speaker and figure, probaly similar to Arthur Scargill type, isn't he suing the Scottish Gov over this Roch?

I would hate the Scots to break away Roch, i'm proud of the UK heritage Roch and i think the Scots would be worse off eventually, i think the SNP has shot it's duck for now Roch and proved it cannot be trusted, and even though Alex Salmond has been cleared, mud sticks and would the SNP supporters  switch alliance to the ALBA party?

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2024, 02:47:PM »
Yes my appoliges Roch, they are near the Border.  Alex Salmond was an influential speaker and figure, probaly similar to Arthur Scargill type, isn't he suing the Scottish Gov over this Roch?

I would hate the Scots to break away Roch, i'm proud of the UK heritage Roch and i think the Scots would be worse off eventually, i think the SNP has shot it's duck for now Roch and proved it cannot be trusted, and even though Alex Salmond has been cleared, mud sticks and would the SNP supporters  switch alliance to the ALBA party?

I agree HB. 

Offline Hardy Boy

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2024, 03:03:PM »
I agree HB.
I rather liked Salmond NGB as a speaker,  Sturgeon and her Husband have their fingers all over what happened to Salmond, just like they have with the Finances of the SNP,  it's a cut throat buisness Politics and these two would cut anyone's throat for their own Benefit.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 03:05:PM by Hardy Boy »

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2024, 03:30:PM »
I rather liked Salmond NGB as a speaker,  Sturgeon and her Husband have their fingers all over what happened to Salmond, just like they have with the Finances of the SNP,  it's a cut throat buisness Politics and these two would cut anyone's throat for their own Benefit.

Quite right.  I did not like Salmond's position on independence, which I strongly oppose as not being in the interests of Scotland or of the UK as a whole.  However Salmond was an effective leader and good orator and he was not corrupt, unlike Sturgeon and her husband.  I really hope they are both successfully prosecuted, not just for embezzlement but also for attempting to pervert the course of justice in the Alex Salmond criminal case.  There are strong rumours that there is an argument between Police Scotland and the Crown Office about whether Sturgeon should be charged.  The police have sufficient evidence but the Crown Office are resisting it, on political grounds.  I do not know if that is true, but it seems very plausible to me.

Offline Hardy Boy

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2024, 03:41:PM »
Quite right.  I did not like Salmond's position on independence, which I strongly oppose as not being in the interests of Scotland or of the UK as a whole.  However Salmond was an effective leader and good orator and he was not corrupt, unlike Sturgeon and her husband.  I really hope they are both successfully prosecuted, not just for embezzlement but also for attempting to pervert the course of justice in the Alex Salmond criminal case.  There are strong rumours that there is an argument between Police Scotland and the Crown Office about whether Sturgeon should be charged.  The police have sufficient evidence but the Crown Office are resisting it, on political grounds.  I do not know if that is true, but it seems very plausible to me.

I must admit that is what i thought NGB, it doesn't look good when such a high profile figure is prosecuted for embezzlement, it doesn't look good for Politics,  that's why i said to Steve i think she will be left alone and worm herself out of it,  i hope not because she is in it just as much as the others?

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2024, 04:38:PM »
I must admit that is what i thought NGB, it doesn't look good when such a high profile figure is prosecuted for embezzlement, it doesn't look good for Politics,  that's why i said to Steve i think she will be left alone and worm herself out of it,  i hope not because she is in it just as much as the others?

I think she is very worried.

Online gringo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2024, 10:49:PM »
      ngb- " I really hope they are both successfully prosecuted, not just for embezzlement but also for attempting to pervert the course of justice in the Alex Salmond criminal case.  There are strong rumours that there is an argument between Police Scotland and the Crown Office about whether Sturgeon should be charged.  The police have sufficient evidence but the Crown Office are resisting it, on political grounds.  I do not know if that is true, but it seems very plausible to me."

To be clear, ngb, are these rumours about the embezzlement or perverting the course of justice? Or both?

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2024, 10:22:AM »
      ngb- " I really hope they are both successfully prosecuted, not just for embezzlement but also for attempting to pervert the course of justice in the Alex Salmond criminal case.  There are strong rumours that there is an argument between Police Scotland and the Crown Office about whether Sturgeon should be charged.  The police have sufficient evidence but the Crown Office are resisting it, on political grounds.  I do not know if that is true, but it seems very plausible to me."

To be clear, ngb, are these rumours about the embezzlement or perverting the course of justice? Or both?

The rumours are about the embezzlement.  I think the chances of her being charged are about 50:50.

I think prosecutions relating to the Salmond stitch-up are a lot further away, but very possible.  That is potentially far more serious and any convictions would certainly result in prison sentences.

Online gringo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2024, 12:19:PM »
The rumours are about the embezzlement.  I think the chances of her being charged are about 50:50.

I think prosecutions relating to the Salmond stitch-up are a lot further away, but very possible.  That is potentially far more serious and any convictions would certainly result in prison sentences.
    OK thanks for that, ngb. She is up to her neck in both the embezzlement and the conspiracy against Salmond and the evidence that exists only in the public realm is overwhelming, in my view. Sturgeon and the Alpha-Betties all belong behind bars.

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2024, 01:34:PM »
    OK thanks for that, ngb. She is up to her neck in both the embezzlement and the conspiracy against Salmond and the evidence that exists only in the public realm is overwhelming, in my view. Sturgeon and the Alpha-Betties all belong behind bars.

Totally agree gringo.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2024, 07:54:PM »
"I fear that the long-term decline of Scotland continues.." https://youtu.be/gQ7F4pxQCj8