Author Topic: Scottish independence  (Read 2269 times)

Offline gringo

• Veteran Member
Re: Scottish independence
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2023, 09:24:PM »
I thought I was naive in some areas, but you two take the biscuit. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/mar/12/alleged-assault-led-to-ban-on-alex-salmond-working-alone-with-women
   Your problem is not your naivety, but your shallowness. Your knowledge is as wide as an ocean but as deep as a puddle. The allegation that you repeat above didn't stand up to scrutiny. There was no such ban in place as confirmed in unchallenged evidence by the defence. The "belief" of an anonymous witness was found to have zero substance. You would know this if you read more widely than you do. That you still believe the allegations against Salmond despite the court verdict and the availability of the information referenced by ngb in this thread (and referenced less concisely by myself in the Alex Salmond thread) demonstrates clearly that you are only interested in confirming your own biases rather than getting to the truth.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2023, 09:53:PM »
   Your problem is not your naivety, but your shallowness. Your knowledge is as wide as an ocean but as deep as a puddle. The allegation that you repeat above didn't stand up to scrutiny. There was no such ban in place as confirmed in unchallenged evidence by the defence. The "belief" of an anonymous witness was found to have zero substance. You would know this if you read more widely than you do. That you still believe the allegations against Salmond despite the court verdict and the availability of the information referenced by ngb in this thread (and referenced less concisely by myself in the Alex Salmond thread) demonstrates clearly that you are only interested in confirming your own biases rather than getting to the truth.

Sexual harrassment is secretive by nature. Do you think Salmond (allegedly) sexually assaulted these women outside Costa Coffee in the Royal Mile? https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/mar/23/officials-claims-botched-inquiry-salmond-sexual-assault-scandal

Offline gringo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2023, 11:07:PM »
Sexual harrassment is secretive by nature. Do you think Salmond (allegedly) sexually assaulted these women outside Costa Coffee in the Royal Mile? https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/mar/23/officials-claims-botched-inquiry-salmond-sexual-assault-scandal
Do you know who Ms. A is? Or any of the other complainants for that matter? If you did then perhaps you would be less gullible.

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2024, 09:32:AM »
Will Nicola Sturgeon be next?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13324621/Nicola-Sturgeons-husband-Peter-Murrell-ARRESTED-detectives-investigating-SNP-finances.html

I certainly hope so!  She was in the thick of it.  I have been following this closely since it was first exposed.

Offline Hardy Boy

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2024, 10:10:AM »
I certainly hope so!  She was in the thick of it.  I have been following this closely since it was first exposed.
I agrre NGB, she's also in it up to her neck.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2024, 07:03:PM »
I agrre NGB, she's also in it up to her neck.
I don't think she had anything to do with it. Time will tell.

Offline Hardy Boy

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2024, 02:02:PM »
NO CONFIDENCE VOTE FOR SNP FIRST MINISTER?  who now are a minority Government

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2oNdZb07lc

Offline Hardy Boy

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2024, 02:05:PM »
I don't think she had anything to do with it. Time will tell.
What makes you say that Steve, your not telling me as a Husband and Wife team she didn't know what he was doing and where all the finances were going, and the fact that there was a Huge Motorhome appear on the door step?  "OH look i wonder where that came from"

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2024, 06:22:PM »
What makes you say that Steve, your not telling me as a Husband and Wife team she didn't know what he was doing and where all the finances were going, and the fact that there was a Huge Motorhome appear on the door step?  "OH look i wonder where that came from"
I think Nicola is one of those independent, driven, careerist women, who keeps matters separate from her husband. She kept her own name, as did Harriet Harman. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that; it's just how some women are. As for the Motorhome, I'm guessing (allegedly) that Peter Murrell bought it for electioneering out on the hustings. He could claim it would save on hotel bills. It was parked outside his mother's house if I recall.

It's all supposition on my part, but I doubt Nicola knew anything about it.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2024, 06:22:PM »
NO CONFIDENCE VOTE FOR SNP FIRST MINISTER?  who now are a minority Government

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2oNdZb07lc
There's more on that story here: https://youtu.be/kgQOOwSyhQU

Offline Hardy Boy

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2024, 07:45:PM »
I think Nicola is one of those independent, driven, careerist women, who keeps matters separate from her husband. She kept her own name, as did Harriet Harman. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that; it's just how some women are. As for the Motorhome, I'm guessing (allegedly) that Peter Murrell bought it for electioneering out on the hustings. He could claim it would save on hotel bills. It was parked outside his mother's house if I recall.

It's all supposition on my part, but I doubt Nicola knew anything about it.
Of Course she knew Steve............................A leaked video of Ms Sturgeon taken in 2021 at a meeting of the SNP's ruling body appears to show her warning NEC members to be "very careful" about suggesting there were "any problems" with the accounts.

In what looked like an angry exchange, she said: "There are no reasons for people to be concerned about the party's finances, and all of us need to be careful about not suggesting that there is."  In June 2021, Mr Murrell provided a personal loan of £107,620 to the SNP to help with "cashflow" problems.

His wife then faced awkward questions when the news became public.  Mr Yousaf is attempting to get a grip of the party's governance, but the polls paint a grim picture for his immediate electoral fortunes.

Is that the cost of excessive control by a CLOSED CIRCLE run by Nicola Sturgeon and Peter Murrell?

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2024, 09:10:PM »
Of Course she knew Steve............................A leaked video of Ms Sturgeon taken in 2021 at a meeting of the SNP's ruling body appears to show her warning NEC members to be "very careful" about suggesting there were "any problems" with the accounts.

In what looked like an angry exchange, she said: "There are no reasons for people to be concerned about the party's finances, and all of us need to be careful about not suggesting that there is."  In June 2021, Mr Murrell provided a personal loan of £107,620 to the SNP to help with "cashflow" problems.

His wife then faced awkward questions when the news became public.  Mr Yousaf is attempting to get a grip of the party's governance, but the polls paint a grim picture for his immediate electoral fortunes.

Is that the cost of excessive control by a CLOSED CIRCLE run by Nicola Sturgeon and Peter Murrell?
Let's wait and see. She may have been fed false information by her husband. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nicola-sturgeon-husband-peter-murrell-charged-snp-b2531343.html

Online Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2024, 11:32:PM »
What would happen if UK armed forces were instructed to crush the Scottish independence movement? Would some regiments rebel?

Offline Hardy Boy

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2024, 08:15:AM »
What would happen if UK armed forces were instructed to crush the Scottish independence movement? Would some regiments rebel?
Good question Roch, i think the Scots have three regiments made up within the UK armed forces,  Royal Regiment of Scotland, the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards and the Scots Guards, who most certaily would rebel, also they have a lot of Scots within the other Regiments as well?

Most of the UK deterant [Nuclear] is based in Faslane, on the River Clyde and the SNP are opposed to the Nuclear site and said they would turn it into a headquarters of their own Naval site?

Personally it would never come to that, it was suggested at the time the UK would oppose such actions, also the fact i think their own SNP Ministers are doing the job themselves Roch, in other words, the Crushing of the Independence movement will be crushed at the next Election i think?

They have been in a power sharing with the Greens, they have now lost their support, it will be interesting to see what Happens next week, will the Alba Party prop him up by virtue of Ash Regan?  I believe Ash Regan, and the Alba Party have made a number of demands pro-trans agenda and its lack of progress on achieving independence,  so it looks like Alex Salmond is back in the Frame again.