Author Topic: Oxford lawyer given life sentence after falsely claiming she was raped  (Read 472 times)

guest29835

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/19245483.oxford-lawyer-given-life-sentence-falsely-claiming-raped/

Thank you for posting this.

This is one of those occasions when I agree with the sentence passed.  She will not actually serve a life sentence.  In all likelihood, she will be in an open prison before she has even completed the minimum term (which may be reduced on appeal).  But she must be supervised for life.

Offline David1819

Thank you for posting this.

This is one of those occasions when I agree with the sentence passed.  She will not actually serve a life sentence.  In all likelihood, she will be in an open prison before she has even completed the minimum term (which may be reduced on appeal).  But she must be supervised for life.

Since Steve_uk believes university educated women shit gold, he will no doubt produce an array of excuses for her behavior or even claim this is miscarriage of justice.

guest29835

Since Steve_uk believes university educated women shit gold, he will no doubt produce an array of excuses for her behavior or even claim this is miscarriage of justice.

Wait a minute....Are you telling me that women aren't flawless and do tell lies and do other morally-questionable things?

I wish you'd told me this before David.  Oh well.  No wonder I've been divorced three times.  First Adam corrects me about the water skis, which explains those funny looks I got at the CCRC.  Now this.  You could sell me a bridge at this rate.  Anyway, thanks David.

Offline Steve_uk

There is no excuse for her behaviour and it is puerile of yourself to suggest I would concoct mitigating circumstances.

Some facts on rape: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/rape-prosecution-england-wales-victims-court-cps-police-a8885961.html