Author Topic: Jeremy hiring a hitman  (Read 803 times)

Offline ILB

Re: Jeremy hiring a hitman
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2024, 10:50:PM »
David Boutflour also said that first morning at Goldhanger: "It's only what Jeremy is saying, isn't it.."

It goes without saying the relatives didn't believe him from the outset.

However from my perspective I don't believe the relatives are whiter than white. But that's not relevant to what I'm discussing at the present moment.

Do you believe Jeremy Bamber could persuade someone to carry out the event for him?
If yesterday you hated me. Then today you can not stop the love that binds from me to you. And you to me

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2024, 10:58:PM »
It goes without saying the relatives didn't believe him from the outset.

However from my perspective I don't believe the relatives are whiter than white. But that's not relevant to what I'm discussing at the present moment.

Do you believe Jeremy Bamber could persuade someone to carry out the event for him?
Well, as I say, he would have to be a psychopath.

Offline ILB

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2024, 11:32:PM »
Well, as I say, he would have to be a psychopath.

If you believe pure greed as a singular motive then perhaps. However it probably wasn't just that.

Emotions are put aside when hiring somebody. If he couldn't do it himself it's perhaps a factor of both squeamishness and a perverted sense of " I didn't kill them myself so I'm not guilty "
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 11:34:PM by ILB »
If yesterday you hated me. Then today you can not stop the love that binds from me to you. And you to me

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2024, 11:36:PM »
If you believe pure greed as a singular motive then perhaps. However it probably wasn't just that.

Emotions are put aside when hiring somebody. If he couldn't do it himself it's perhaps a factor of both squeamishness and a perverted sense of " I didn't kill them myself so I'm not guilty "
He told Julie quite openly and solemnly: "For the way my parents have treated me they have forfeited the right to live.."

Offline ILB

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2024, 11:38:PM »
He told Julie quite openly and solemnly: "For the way my parents have treated me they have forfeited the right to live.."

So you accept we can't conclusively rule out the hitman theory. Although it obviously wasnt McDonald.

I wish the accounts had been scrutinized personally. Perhaps they could have provided the key to the door. Perhaps not.

Mr Bamber maintains innocence till this day.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 11:39:PM by ILB »

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2024, 11:44:PM »
So you accept we can't conclusively rule out the hitman theory. Although it obviously wasnt McDonald.

I wish the accounts had been scrutinized personally. Perhaps they could have provided the key to the door. Perhaps not.

Mr Bamber maintains innocence till this day.
I doubt Jeremy had £2000 at his disposal. Julie said he complained about having the furnish Bourtree Cottage out of his own pocket.

Offline ILB

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2024, 11:47:PM »
I doubt Jeremy had £2000 at his disposal. Julie said he complained about having the furnish Bourtree Cottage out of his own pocket.

Did he have to ?

Sure Nevill and June would have put something in place many years before.

Offline Adam

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2024, 08:28:PM »
Bamber gave himself a proxy as he didn't want Julie to think he pulled the trigger.

MM was chosen as Julie knew who he was & the rumours he was some sort of mercenary. However there was no way she could speak to him. MM was not part of Bamber's jolly up crowd.
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Adam

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2024, 08:34:PM »
Wonder what would have happened if MM did not have an alibi?

He would rightly deny any involvement but what direction would the police go.

Suspect they would use common sense. Bamber also had no alibi & MM was no hit man. Espescially for only 2k for such a terrible crime.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2024, 09:14:PM »
Did he have to ?

Sure Nevill and June would have put something in place many years before.
CAL tells us in Chapter 11 that Jeremy spent £3000 on the cottage and took out a £1000 bank loan to refurbish. It may well have been in a run down state after Kate Foakes left.

Offline ILB

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2024, 09:29:PM »
Bamber gave himself a proxy as he didn't want Julie to think he pulled the trigger.

Yes I mean, that makes it all better doesn't it...

Offline Adam

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2024, 09:50:PM »
Yes I mean, that makes it all better doesn't it...

It does. Why else would he give a proxy to her? 

Offline ILB

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2024, 11:26:PM »
It does. Why else would he give a proxy to her?

No it doesn't. Not one iota.

Research the law

Offline Adam

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2024, 11:40:PM »
No it doesn't. Not one iota.

Research the law

Not talking about the law.

You know this.

Offline Rob_

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2024, 12:39:AM »

MM was chosen as Julie knew who he was & the rumours he was some sort of mercenary. However there was no way she could speak to him. MM was not part of Bamber's jolly up crowd.

I bet that made her feel really good! The guy I love and adore is still a great chap as he never pulled the trigger!