Author Topic: 'JB laundered his clothes / JB got rid of his clothes'.  (Read 1602 times)

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
'JB laundered his clothes / JB got rid of his clothes'.
« on: September 27, 2023, 09:36:PM »
We keep hearing that JB had ample opportunity to do either.

So if he laundered his bloodied clothes, where did this take place - Bourtree Cottage?  Is it being inferred that he did this straight away?  Did he have a dryer or did he hang his laundry out? Did he store his clothes before laundering them?

If he got rid of them, how come nobody stumbled across them dumped somewhere?  Foxes or domestic dogs would have got to them, ripping the bags open etc.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 09:38:PM by Roch »

Offline Bubo bubo

• Veteran Member
Re: 'JB laundered his clothes / JB got rid of his clothes'.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2023, 10:06:PM »

So if he laundered his bloodied clothes, where did this take place - Bourtree Cottage?  Is it being inferred that he did this straight away?  Did he have a dryer or did he hang his laundry out? Did he store his clothes before laundering them?

If he got rid of them, how come nobody stumbled across them dumped somewhere?  Foxes or domestic dogs would have got to them, ripping the bags open etc.
I am surprised AE did not see them the next day on the washing line.

Offline ILB

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2023, 10:19:PM »
I think if gulity and he didn't get rid of the clothes. Time in the aftermath was on his side due to the initial investigation ruling it as a murder suicide.

The murder clothes could have been sat upstairs at head street unnoticed as Jeremy spoke to DS Jones that morning. When the latter was taking the first WS of Jeremy

Once the police went, Jeremy could have stuck the washer on. Dried them overnight on a radiator. Problem solved.

However Julie was with Jeremy at this time, and she would have witnessed this so you would think she would omit this in her September ( first one) when she told Essex police of Bambers guilt
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 10:21:PM by ILB »
If yesterday you hated me. Then today you can not stop the love that binds from me to you. And you to me

Offline ILB

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2023, 10:22:PM »
The police certainly didn't have no need to go snooping round bourtree cottage on August 7th 1985, Jeremy was a bereaved relative
If yesterday you hated me. Then today you can not stop the love that binds from me to you. And you to me

Offline Jane

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2023, 06:56:AM »

I can't believe you're asking this, Roch!  I can't see it as being a big deal. Leaving aside the suggestion that he stuffed them into the tiny aperture of the AGA, but accepting he'd want rid of them, what better way than to put them in the washing machine? He'd have had time. He wasn't a suspect. So what if it was on when the police arrived? Why would they, or Julie, question such an ordinary, domestic event? As for drying, I don't see him as being the type to worry about line dried washing, but one never knows. It's perfectly feasible that he had a washer/dryer. Job done. No one the wiser.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2023, 09:16:AM »

I can't believe you're asking this, Roch!  I can't see it as being a big deal. Leaving aside the suggestion that he stuffed them into the tiny aperture of the AGA, but accepting he'd want rid of them, what better way than to put them in the washing machine? He'd have had time. He wasn't a suspect. So what if it was on when the police arrived? Why would they, or Julie, question such an ordinary, domestic event? As for drying, I don't see him as being the type to worry about line dried washing, but one never knows. It's perfectly feasible that he had a washer/dryer. Job done. No one the wiser.

So it's just another convenient assumption with absolutely no evidence whatsoever to support it.  And your response to that is to just not go there .. because there's no point.

Online snow66!

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2023, 09:30:AM »
So it's just another convenient assumption with absolutely no evidence whatsoever to support it.  And your response to that is to just not go there .. because there's no point.
Of course there is a point Roch,if JB didn't wash or get rid of the clothes that night he took a tremendous risk.He met the police at WHF and was then driven home to his cottage where there was police and relatives with him for the rest of the day.
So he either washed or disposed of them immediately after the shooting or had to wait until everyone left his cottage in the evening,even then Julie was present.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2023, 10:07:AM »
Of course there is a point Roch,if JB didn't wash or get rid of the clothes that night he took a tremendous risk.He met the police at WHF and was then driven home to his cottage where there was police and relatives with him for the rest of the day.
So he either washed or disposed of them immediately after the shooting or had to wait until everyone left his cottage in the evening,even then Julie was present.

Yes, exactly.  And if he dumped stuff, if he wasn't careful where he dumped it, there's a good chance of it later being discovered. His best bet was to probably put it in a waste bin.

Offline Adam

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2023, 10:26:AM »
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Jane

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2023, 10:58:AM »

You're right! I don't believe there is. After all, what does one usually do with clothes which are soiled, be it mud, blood, or general staining? It's hardly rocket science, is it? Really not worthy of being made into a crisis.

Offline Jane

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2023, 11:29:AM »

Isn't that a given? He may not have been an academic, but he wouldn't have been stupid enough to leave evidence of his crime in full view of police and relatives.

Online snow66!

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2023, 01:48:PM »

Isn't that a given? He may not have been an academic, but he wouldn't have been stupid enough to leave evidence of his crime in full view of police and relatives.
What did he do with his bloodied clothing then Jane?

Offline Zoso

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2023, 02:28:PM »
What did he do with his bloodied clothing then Jane?

Washed em!

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator

Offline Adam

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2023, 02:40:PM »
'Only I know what really happened that night'.