Author Topic: Rishi Sunak  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Steve_uk

Re: Rishi Sunak
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2023, 05:31:PM »
She was standing on the shoulders of giants.

Rishi is up to his neck in the Boris era. I am hink he may be seen as to efette in some Tory circles. He certainly doesn't win any points regarding a lack of privileged background.

The Tories have nothing to offer by way of Leaders. Thinking that Maudant would be a fit leader because she mustered the strength to carry a sword at the coronation doesn't really make sense. It's also a bit nauseating.
It was a huge mistake to pick Boris Johnson as leader of the Conservative Party. He's inherently dishonest, has no principles, private life a shambles. I think it would be better if the Tory MPs chose the leader rather than the wider grass roots.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2023, 04:01:PM »
It was a huge mistake to pick Boris Johnson as leader of the Conservative Party. He's inherently dishonest, has no principles, private life a shambles. I think it would be better if the Tory MPs chose the leader rather than the wider grass roots.

Anything that can allow Truss in to power is deeply flawed. Johnson actually only got in to power because he was supposed to be Leave supporter. It was opportunism and capitalising the majority's disdain for Remoaners.

I was looking forward to them being obliterated in 2024. But not really looking forward to Starmer.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2023, 04:13:PM »
Brutal assessment of Truss:

Conor Burns - whom she sacked - said: "She is a drag anchor to any cause she attaches herself to. And toxic on the doorsteps. Only service she could provide is sustained silence."

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2023, 08:17:PM »
Brutal assessment of Truss:

Conor Burns - whom she sacked - said: "She is a drag anchor to any cause she attaches herself to. And toxic on the doorsteps. Only service she could provide is sustained silence."
"It is vital we shatter the economic consensus.." https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/liz-truss-economic-consensus-since-1997-to-blame-for-uk-woes-not-me/ar-AA1gRdLB?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=cd3febabd4134753958f067218e06292&ei=44

Offline Steve_uk

Offline Hardy Boy

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2023, 09:33:PM »
He should not have made the remarks about Nicola Sturgeon at this time. https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/sunak-reported-to-police-over-conference-speech-comments-about-nicola-sturgeon/ar-AA1hHhWd?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=0b540dc7e16b4186b8c19cdbe3d32ef7&ei=8
What did he say Steve?  Are you or they  refering to this remark “the forces of separatism are in retreat”.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2023, 09:36:PM »
She was standing on the shoulders of giants.

Rishi is up to his neck in the Boris era. I think he may be seen as to efette in some Tory circles. He certainly doesn't win any points regarding a lack of privileged background.

The Tories have nothing to offer by way of Leaders. Thinking that Maudant would be a fit leader because she mustered the strength to carry a sword at the coronation doesn't really make sense. It's also a bit nauseating.
I think she played up her military credentials. Her star seems to be on the rise again though. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11015669/Senior-officers-questioned-Penny-Mordaunts-Navy-claims.html

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2023, 09:39:PM »
What did he say Steve?  Are you or they  refering to this remark “the forces of separatism are in retreat”.
No, he said she might be sent down, meaning she might be heading for a prison sentence. It was some play on words. As the police are still investigating the whole imbroglio with her husband and the SNP treasurer it might be classed as breaking the sub judice rules.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 09:40:PM by Steve_uk »

Offline Hardy Boy

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2023, 09:42:PM »
No, he said she might be sent down, meaning she might be heading for a prison sentence. It was some play on words. As the police are still investigating the whole imbroglio with her husband and the SNP treasurer it might be classed as breaking the sub judice rules.
Oh, right thanks.

Offline Hardy Boy

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2023, 09:55:PM »
I think Innuendo's has always been part of politic's Steve, it's just a polite and Humerous way of being insulting.  She would have used it just the same.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2023, 10:05:PM »
I think Innuendo's has always been part of politic's Steve, it's just a polite and Humerous way of being insulting.  She would have used it just the same.
It might be regarded as contempt of court. We'll see.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2023, 12:25:PM »

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2023, 08:21:PM »
Reforming the UK..https://youtu.be/Q5pzw966Y-Y

He's a snake oil salesman. As is Tice, who seems increasingly demented in his presentation. It's not that they don't have any of the answers, it's that some of the answers come from the left.  I think true reform is when you recognise that the answers to the UK's problems should come from both right and left.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 08:22:PM by Roch »

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2023, 08:41:PM »
He's a snake oil salesman. As is Tice, who seems increasingly demented in his presentation. It's not that they don't have any of the answers, it's that some of the answers come from the left.  I think true reform is when you recognise that the answers to the UK's problems should come from both right and left.
We spent £400 billion on Covid 19. There's no money left for electoral sweeteners. Taxes stand at a 70-year high. Some on the left are beginning to recognize this. https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/money-cannot-continue-to-be-poured-into-the-nhs-wes-streeting/ar-AA1jYBQw?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=f61aed3eec404078961a1232968ca5ad&ei=7