Author Topic: Rishi Sunak  (Read 1666 times)

Offline Steve_uk

Rishi Sunak
« on: September 03, 2023, 06:49:PM »
 We have a thread on Sir Keir Starmer so for balance I'm creating one on the current Prime Minister. I don't always agree with YouTuber Simon Webb (he's too right-wing even for me), but he did get me thinking when Sunak took a family holiday in California, rather than spending it in a traditional English resort. Of course he has the right to spend his own money as he wishes, and good on him for possibly ignoring the spin doctors' advice. However it might reinforce in some voters' minds the idea that he is not totally committed to this country, even though he was born here and has the right to call himself a British citizen. https://youtu.be/bIjEmivD3RI

I note the mass media is now trying to build up Grant Shapps as Establishment replacement should Sunak falter at the forthcoming General Election.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
Re: Rishi Sunak
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2023, 07:16:PM »
Sunak's problem is that he should have separated from Johnson much earlier. He would have then been seen as a viable Johnson rival much earlier. Sunak inherited an absolute shit show. He's clearly a highly intelligent individual who ticks a lot of boxes, but is doomed, because his party is absolutely shite. Things have gone way too far. They deserve to be out of power for a hundred years.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 07:18:PM by Roch »

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2023, 07:45:PM »
Sunak's problem is that he should have separated from Johnson much earlier. He would have then been seen as a viable Johnson rival much earlier. Sunak inherited an absolute shit show. He's clearly a highly intelligent individual who ticks a lot of boxes, but is doomed, because his party is absolutely shite. Things have gone way too far. They deserve to be out of power for a hundred years.
They have had some bad luck, akin to the Labour government in 2007-8 with the Global Financial Crisis. Sunak will be relieved that the opinion polls have moved slightly in his favour recently, and will improve as we move closer to the General Election and Labour is exposed. https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uks-labour-party-has-14-point-lead-over-conservatives-opinium-poll-2023-09-02/#:~:text=LONDON%2C%20Sept%202%20(Reuters),parliament%20after%20the%20summer%20break.

Offline gringo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2023, 04:49:PM »
    Our problem is that we should separate from the shit show of Punch and Judy UK politics. Neither Sunak or Starmer nor any of the charlatans of the parliamentary Labour/Conservative/Liberal parties have qualities required in a strong leader. There is no problem to which the answer is Sunak or Starmer. They represent perfectly the demise of so called "western democracy" and whoever becomes PM is merely placeholding with a now poisoned chalice. In my opinion, UK and Western politics/so called democracy will be unrecognisable in a decade. We are living in a pivotal point of history and many changes are coming-some predictable, some less so.
     The world is changing rapidly but the collective west are still mentally living in a western dominated world, which is now over. Huge changes have huge consequences that none of our unrepresentative political class are equipped in any way to deal with.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2023, 06:03:PM »
    Our problem is that we should separate from the shit show of Punch and Judy UK politics. Neither Sunak or Starmer nor any of the charlatans of the parliamentary Labour/Conservative/Liberal parties have qualities required in a strong leader. There is no problem to which the answer is Sunak or Starmer. They represent perfectly the demise of so called "western democracy" and whoever becomes PM is merely placeholding with a now poisoned chalice. In my opinion, UK and Western politics/so called democracy will be unrecognisable in a decade. We are living in a pivotal point of history and many changes are coming-some predictable, some less so.
     The world is changing rapidly but the collective west are still mentally living in a western dominated world, which is now over. Huge changes have huge consequences that none of our unrepresentative political class are equipped in any way to deal with.

This is well-written, but of course British Prime Ministers are answerable to Parliament, and to some extent the monarch. I'd rather have Sunak or Starmer than someone who lights the blue touch paper of throwing opponents out of windows or implanting a Novichok on their person, then stands back in amusement to watch the consequences. The parallel with Adolf Hitler filming the hanging of the July 1944 bomb plotters as they slowly died by piano wire springs to mind.

I was struck with recently-elected Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni and her passion, whether you agree with her policies or not. Maybe she's the strong politician you were looking for. https://youtu.be/rA4HkTLFd3o

Offline gringo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2023, 06:39:PM »
This is well-written, but of course British Prime Ministers are answerable to Parliament, and to some extent the monarch. I'd rather have Sunak or Starmer than someone who lights the blue touch paper of throwing opponents out of windows or implanting a Novichok on their person, then stands back in amusement to watch the consequences. The parallel with Adolf Hitler filming the hanging of the July 1944 bomb plotters as they slowly died by piano wire springs to mind.

I was struck with recently-elected Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni and her passion, whether you agree with her policies or not. Maybe she's the strong politician you were looking for. https://youtu.be/rA4HkTLFd3o
    And who do Parliament answer to? Our "system" of representative democracy works only if Parliament answer to their own electorates which they increasingly don't. Controlled and corrupt media and corporate lobbying has corrupted our political class who answer to mysterious corporate "stakeholders" rather than their own electorates. The whole system is broken and will be repaired only when the damage the current political and establishment class have done is too great to ignore. Then we will be forced to organise new structures and mend our damaged societies.
     Just as WW2 brought about the health and welfare revolutions in the western world to a newly awakened and organised working and middle class- the current WW3? will have similar effects, in my view. History teaches us lessons if we pay attention.
     As an aside, Steve, you devalue your own posts with your unnecessary insertion of Putin, Hitler, Novichok, mysterious window accidents etc. into everything. They are baseless and irrelevant and distract from any wider point that you are making.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2023, 06:45:PM »
    And who do Parliament answer to? Our "system" of representative democracy works only if Parliament answer to their own electorates which they increasingly don't. Controlled and corrupt media and corporate lobbying has corrupted our political class who answer to mysterious corporate "stakeholders" rather than their own electorates. The whole system is broken and will be repaired only when the damage the current political and establishment class have done is too great to ignore. Then we will be forced to organise new structures and mend our damaged societies.
     Just as WW2 brought about the health and welfare revolutions in the western world to a newly awakened and organised working and middle class- the current WW3? will have similar effects, in my view. History teaches us lessons if we pay attention.
     As an aside, Steve, you devalue your own posts with your unnecessary insertion of Putin, Hitler, Novichok, mysterious window accidents etc. into everything. They are baseless and irrelevant and distract from any wider point that you are making.
No, because they are part and parcel of a totalitarian state, which you refuse to acknowledge. In one of the discussions on YouTube recently the Yalta Conference was mentioned, where huge swathes of Eastern Europe were ceded to Stalin for very little in return. This kept the monster quiet for 40-odd years, but the heinous nature of the regime became clear, to which the writings of dissident Aleksandr Solzhenitzyn attest.

Offline gringo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2023, 03:25:PM »
No, because they are part and parcel of a totalitarian state, which you refuse to acknowledge. In one of the discussions on YouTube recently the Yalta Conference was mentioned, where huge swathes of Eastern Europe were ceded to Stalin for very little in return. This kept the monster quiet for 40-odd years, but the heinous nature of the regime became clear, to which the writings of dissident Aleksandr Solzhenitzyn attest.
    They are baseless accusations and are part and parcel of a corrupt Empire of Lies. If you considered for even a second, the second hand and baseless accusations that you bandy around regarding Putin then you would realise the idiocy of them.
      To take the window deaths seemingly prevalent in Russia. What makes you imagine that any of those people are even on Putin's radar? You linked to a report recently, Steve, from the Independent as I remember. The headline read;

"Putin critic "falls" from window to his death"

or headlines such as;

"Another Putin critic "falls out a window" to his death"

The opening paragraph is always laughably free of any evidence or even grounds for suspicion that Putin is in any way involved, such as the following from one of your favoured links, "The Independent".

"A Russian businessman and rumoured critic of President Vladimir Putin has died after falling from a third floor window of an Indian hotel days after a friend died on the same trip."

That anyone reads such fact free drivel and innuendo as a source of news and then concludes that Putin is having all of his "critics" (even the "Rumoured critics") bumped off using the novel means of hurling people from windows, or whatever it is we are meant to infer from the idiotic innuendo masquerading as analysis or news, is a drooling retard lacking in any critical thinking skills at all.

Are we to infer from the "Independent reporting", that you consider a source of balanced reporting, that Putin also heard the "rumour" that the businessman had "criticised" him? And then further infer that upon hearing this "rumour", Putin immediately sent his "window death squad" to India to hurl the "rumoured critic" from his hotel window? What did you infer from this story that you felt the need to share the "news"?
    Ask more questions, Steve. You would find that all of the stories you link to in MSM are as equally stupid. The window deaths linked to Putin is one of the dumbest things that I have ever seen so widely believed based on nothing and frankly, an idiotic accusation at face value. Your lack of questioning makes you extremely gullible. Gullible enough to believe the Putin/window deaths story.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 03:29:PM by gringo »

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2023, 05:53:PM »
    They are baseless accusations and are part and parcel of a corrupt Empire of Lies. If you considered for even a second, the second hand and baseless accusations that you bandy around regarding Putin then you would realise the idiocy of them.
      To take the window deaths seemingly prevalent in Russia. What makes you imagine that any of those people are even on Putin's radar? You linked to a report recently, Steve, from the Independent as I remember. The headline read;

"Putin critic "falls" from window to his death"

or headlines such as;

"Another Putin critic "falls out a window" to his death"

The opening paragraph is always laughably free of any evidence or even grounds for suspicion that Putin is in any way involved, such as the following from one of your favoured links, "The Independent".

"A Russian businessman and rumoured critic of President Vladimir Putin has died after falling from a third floor window of an Indian hotel days after a friend died on the same trip."

That anyone reads such fact free drivel and innuendo as a source of news and then concludes that Putin is having all of his "critics" (even the "Rumoured critics") bumped off using the novel means of hurling people from windows, or whatever it is we are meant to infer from the idiotic innuendo masquerading as analysis or news, is a drooling retard lacking in any critical thinking skills at all.

Are we to infer from the "Independent reporting", that you consider a source of balanced reporting, that Putin also heard the "rumour" that the businessman had "criticised" him? And then further infer that upon hearing this "rumour", Putin immediately sent his "window death squad" to India to hurl the "rumoured critic" from his hotel window? What did you infer from this story that you felt the need to share the "news"?
    Ask more questions, Steve. You would find that all of the stories you link to in MSM are as equally stupid. The window deaths linked to Putin is one of the dumbest things that I have ever seen so widely believed based on nothing and frankly, an idiotic accusation at face value. Your lack of questioning makes you extremely gullible. Gullible enough to believe the Putin/window deaths story.

You see there's form for this kind of activity, from the July 17 1918 killing of the Romanovs through to the show trials of the 1930s, the Katyn massacre in April 1940, the murder of Jan Masaryk, which I post here: https://english.radio.cz/police-close-case-1948-death-jan-masaryk-murder-not-suicide-8081915#:~:text=Jan%20Masaryk's%20body%20was%20discovered,Communist%20Party%20came%20to%20power.

..the killing of Boris Nemtsov. https://youtu.be/vM04zNbsaJg

A totalitarian state controls all the levers of power: the press, the mass media, the judiciary, the allocation of jobs. The man in the street gets by by keeping his head down. There's no paper trail: there never is.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 05:54:PM by Steve_uk »

Offline gringo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2023, 06:52:PM »
You see there's form for this kind of activity, from the July 17 1918 killing of the Romanovs through to the show trials of the 1930s, the Katyn massacre in April 1940, the murder of Jan Masaryk, which I post here: https://english.radio.cz/police-close-case-1948-death-jan-masaryk-murder-not-suicide-8081915#:~:text=Jan%20Masaryk's%20body%20was%20discovered,Communist%20Party%20came%20to%20power.

..the killing of Boris Nemtsov. https://youtu.be/vM04zNbsaJg

A totalitarian state controls all the levers of power: the press, the mass media, the judiciary, the allocation of jobs. The man in the street gets by by keeping his head down. There's no paper trail: there never is.
     You have a view of the world that is cartoonish, a Hollywood-ised picture of history that is little to do with real life.

"All Russians are bad and probably commies as well and to "prove" it, here's a list of random unconnected events from History which conclusively proves that Putin has "rumoured critics" thrown from windows drool drool..." 
     "Katyn, the Romanovs, drool, Nemtsov, totalitarianism, drivel drivel"

You clearly spend very little time and even less thought considering world events, instead preferring the infantile propaganda served to you by stenographers of western colonialist governments. It shows. There is a huge wake up call coming, Steve. The very real and many imperialist crimes of the western warmongers will have to be answered for soon. There will be no hiding place for any apologists. All of these atrocities, destruction of countries, state terrorism, millions dead and more displaced are all missing from your historical worldview. You are unworthy of taking seriously and are simply an apologist for the crimes of your own state, which you wilfully ignore in favour of burying your head in the sand. You and others like you may ignore western crimes but I can assure you that the Rest of the World has been studiously taking and keeping notes.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2023, 07:20:PM »
     You have a view of the world that is cartoonish, a Hollywood-ised picture of history that is little to do with real life.

"All Russians are bad and probably commies as well and to "prove" it, here's a list of random unconnected events from History which conclusively proves that Putin has "rumoured critics" thrown from windows drool drool..." 
     "Katyn, the Romanovs, drool, Nemtsov, totalitarianism, drivel drivel"

You clearly spend very little time and even less thought considering world events, instead preferring the infantile propaganda served to you by stenographers of western colonialist governments. It shows. There is a huge wake up call coming, Steve. The very real and many imperialist crimes of the western warmongers will have to be answered for soon. There will be no hiding place for any apologists. All of these atrocities, destruction of countries, state terrorism, millions dead and more displaced are all missing from your historical worldview. You are unworthy of taking seriously and are simply an apologist for the crimes of your own state, which you wilfully ignore in favour of burying your head in the sand. You and others like you may ignore western crimes but I can assure you that the Rest of the World has been studiously taking and keeping notes.
I'm not such a vacuous individual as you claim. I'm well aware, especially today, of Operation Cyclone, the 1973 Chile coup, the Vietnam War and many other policy mistakes made by the West. But you fail to acknowledge the despotic regime the Soviet Union was and which the new Russia under Putin has become. Maybe BRICS will become established as an alternative block, but the prospect does not fill me with great delight. The absence of free and fair elections within a country indicates to me it's on the road to tyranny.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 07:35:PM by Steve_uk »

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2023, 09:54:PM »

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2023, 05:07:PM »
Rory Stewart knew next to nothing about prisons, yet was given the prison brief. I wonder how many MPs hold down second jobs whilst not familiarizing themselves with the one they've been elected to do. I don't blame Mr. Stewart, whom I have a lot of time for, but it seems the system itself is to blame. https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/rory-stewart-hits-out-at-incompetence-in-uk-government/ar-AA1gOwrE?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=02bc30b9d5b54d52abe83f5e71d74ca5&ei=31

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2023, 05:14:PM »
If Rishi Sunak loses the General Election Liz Truss's tenure at Downing Street will be mainly to blame. https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/rishi-sunak-is-less-trusted-on-the-uk-economy-than-recent-tory-pms-poll-finds/ar-AA1gORl5?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=98fcd545fb8b4305b0ad61d92163d2ae&ei=11

She was standing on the shoulders of giants.

Rishi is up to his neck in the Boris era. I think he may be seen as to efette in some Tory circles. He certainly doesn't win any points regarding a lack of privileged background.

The Tories have nothing to offer by way of Leaders. Thinking that Maudant would be a fit leader because she mustered the strength to carry a sword at the coronation doesn't really make sense. It's also a bit nauseating.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 05:29:PM by Roch »