Author Topic: What makes you think Jeremy is gulity key aspects of evidence against him ...  (Read 2256 times)

Online ILB

This typifies the Jeremy supporters' mentality of living in the past. Look at the Jeremy in the Jubilee photograph of 1977 and compare him to the guy at the funeral.
but how do you know the grief wasn't genuine

The 1977 jubilee photo chubby cheeks perched on a Leyland van?
If yesterday you hated me. Then today you can not stop the love that binds from me to you. And you to me

Offline Steve_uk

but how do you know the grief wasn't genuine

The 1977 jubilee photo chubby cheeks perched on a Leyland van?
Yes he looks a different character there, still compliant. He said himself the problems with June didn't start until 1978, but is nowhere specific as to what those problems were. I could hazard a guess though.

Offline lookout

Strange how he's never mentioned his mother's religious psychosis diagnosis-----obviously he's protective of her or didn't have a clue that she had such an illness.

Offline Jane

Strange how he's never mentioned his mother's religious psychosis diagnosis-----obviously he's protective of her or didn't have a clue that she had such an illness.

Or maybe he was embarrassed by a mother who had spent time in a "loony bin"?

Online ILB

Yes he looks a different character there, still compliant. He said himself the problems with June didn't start until 1978, but is nowhere specific as to what those problems were. I could hazard a guess though.
what problems did jeremy have?

In fairness his upbringing seemed pretty trouble free compared to Shelias
If yesterday you hated me. Then today you can not stop the love that binds from me to you. And you to me

Offline Steve_uk

But he dismissed the heartfelt letter she had written to both children, screwing it up contemptuously and stuffing it into the glove compartment of the Vauxhall Astra. It was discovered by Julie, possibly as she rummaged for a handkerchief on the day trip to Pevensey, and he snatched it from her grasp, exclaiming "I'm glad she's dead, but I do miss the old man occasionally" as he did so.

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member
Colin had been drinking.

So Sheila had come out of hospital clearly still very unwell and he was drinking and partying

Charming
Julie Mugford the main prosecution witness was guilty of numerous crimes, 13 separate cheque frauds, robbery, and drug dealing and also making a deal with a national newspaper before trial that if she could convince a jury her ex boyfriend was guilty of five murders she would receive £25,000

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member

I reckon your spot on
Julie Mugford the main prosecution witness was guilty of numerous crimes, 13 separate cheque frauds, robbery, and drug dealing and also making a deal with a national newspaper before trial that if she could convince a jury her ex boyfriend was guilty of five murders she would receive £25,000

Offline lookout

But he dismissed the heartfelt letter she had written to both children, screwing it up contemptuously and stuffing it into the glove compartment of the Vauxhall Astra. It was discovered by Julie, possibly as she rummaged for a handkerchief on the day trip to Pevensey, and he snatched it from her grasp, exclaiming "I'm glad she's dead, but I do miss the old man occasionally" as he did so.

I don't remember that coming out at trial----or June's odd letter come to think.

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member

Course we believe anything Julie says after her carrying out 18 seperate cheque frauds in the face of shop assistants.
What an actress

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member
Colin really was a piece of work
In that statement he said Sheila told him she wanted to get back with him but he just carries on partying and gets her brother to take her home

Offline Steve_uk

what problems did jeremy have?

In fairness his upbringing seemed pretty trouble free compared to Shelias
Well as I say he was moving out of adolescence by that stage. The parents probably compromised on the education, Jeremy relieved to leave the rural Gresham's School with its stuffy atmosphere and enrol at the more relaxed Colchester College. The problems would start with his choice of partner, Sue Ford, who was deemed unsuitable by June given her divorcee status. Disinheritance was threatened. Jeremy then began a covert relationship with Julie, until that again was discovered and the offer of a flat was made to avoid scandal in the village. Further problems arose with his tenure of Bourtree Cottage, mainly financial, which June assuaged through the writing of personal cheques, until that avenue was discontinued possibly due to Nevill's intervention, and at that stage both parents' death warrants were sealed.

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member
Well as I say he was moving out of adolescence by that stage. The parents probably compromised on the education, Jeremy relieved to leave the rural Gresham's School with its stuffy atmosphere and enrol at the more relaxed Colchester College. The problems would start with his choice of partner, Sue Ford, who was deemed unsuitable by June given her divorcee status. Disinheritance was threatened. Jeremy then began a covert relationship with Julie, until that again was discovered and the offer of a flat was made to avoid scandal in the village. Further problems arose with his tenure of Bourtree Cottage, mainly financial, which June assuaged through the writing of personal cheques, until that avenue was discontinued possibly due to Nevill's intervention, and at that stage both parents' death warrants were sealed.

Strange then that Jeremy had a considerable amount of money saved in his bank.

He clearly wasn’t work shy sometimes working two jobs

Offline Steve_uk

Strange then that Jeremy had a considerable amount of money saved in his bank.

He clearly wasn’t work shy sometimes working two jobs
But that was in the final stages of the drama. As farm secretary Barbara Wilson stated, she suspected an ulterior motive, to wit he had to be seen to be actively farming at the time of his father's death to inherit the estate. As things stood for that short period post-murders he had effectively driven a coach and horses through the will and with it Nevill's wishes, which would have pleased Jeremy all the more as he chuckled to Julie behind closed doors that first morning at Bourtree Cottage.

Offline lookout

JB was the very last person to even think of murdering his family----but they weren't all like him !