Author Topic: Nevill's mistakes with Sheila:  (Read 4097 times)

Offline Cambridgecutie

• Veteran Member
Re: Nevill's mistakes with Sheila:
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2022, 11:47:PM »
Elephants and Grizzly Bears are becoming endangered species.  Why don't they use their massive height, weight & strength advantage to negate the humans that hunt them?  ::)

Bet you're outraged by all the boozing @ No 10!  ;D

BYOB...Indeedy!

Hic!
Patrick O'Connor, Barrister, Doughty Street Chambers: "It will have to be a slam dunk.  It will have to be something of a blockbuster piece of evidence to have a chance".

Offline Adam

« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2022, 11:54:AM »

This isn't saying that.

Bamber is being flippant again - 'Do you want an itemisation of everything I bought in the house'.

It is not saying he kept bills. Just that he could write out a list.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 11:56:AM by Adam »
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline lookout

« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2022, 01:25:PM »
Jeremy is innocent !

Offline ILB

« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2022, 08:54:PM »
James Richards' evidence is quite possibly the silliest ever heard in an English criminal trial.  I can only think that Geoffrey Rivlin, Q.C., never objected because he thought the jury would come to the same conclusion. 

He wasn't 'dragged' there, though.  He was an enthusiastic witness for the Crown, for reasons I won't divulge here but are perhaps obvious to anybody skilled at reading between the lines of situations.
to be fair though QC he hardly knew Jeremy. If some random guy said that to me I'd have forgot it about it twenty minutes down the line

From what I have gathered richards and Jeremy hardly knew each other wasn't he Julie's mate?

Pure poison cherry picking by the coppers prosecution.
If yesterday you hated me. Then today you can not stop the love that binds from me to you. And you to me

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2022, 09:35:PM »
to be fair though QC he hardly knew Jeremy. If some random guy said that to me I'd have forgot it about it twenty minutes down the line

From what I have gathered richards and Jeremy hardly knew each other wasn't he Julie's mate?

That is so clear
Julie Mugford the main prosecution witness was guilty of numerous crimes, 13 separate cheque frauds, robbery, and drug dealing and also making a deal with a national newspaper before trial that if she could convince a jury her ex boyfriend was guilty of five murders she would receive £25,000

Offline lookout

« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2022, 10:02:PM »

And cherry-picked all through the trial with their statements.

Offline arthur

« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2022, 11:30:PM »
For Bamber to have staged the call from WHF he has to have an answer machine switched on. Otherwise the call would not be answered and therefor not logged with exchange.

If he just claimed Nevill called him he was running the risk that the Police could check with the telephone exchange as to whether any such call was made.

On the thread starter point I believe it would be almost impossible for Sheila to come through the massacre relatively unscathed. Which is the point Adam was making.

Nevill putting up such a fight for his life was not part of the plan. JB most probably thought he could finish off Nevill reasonably quickly.

Offline Adam

« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2022, 03:00:AM »
For Bamber to have staged the call from WHF he has to have an answer machine switched on. Otherwise the call would not be answered and therefor not logged with exchange.

If he just claimed Nevill called him he was running the risk that the Police could check with the telephone exchange as to whether any such call was made.

On the thread starter point I believe it would be almost impossible for Sheila to come through the massacre relatively unscathed. Which is the point Adam was making.

Nevill putting up such a fight for his life was not part of the plan. JB most probably thought he could finish off Nevill reasonably quickly.

For someone who was head of a family, farm, businesses, the family fortunes, courts, & a former RAF pilot, Nevill  showed great weakness with Sheila.

Ringing someone's AM he employed as a farm labourer. Together with other huge mistakes which are in the thread post.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 03:04:AM by Adam »

Offline David1819

« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2022, 03:15:AM »

Nevill never put up a "fight for his life". He was already shot four times, incapacitating one of his arms before he entered the kitchen.

Offline Adam

« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2022, 03:20:AM »

He would have called his AM before 3am. Just before he left WHF. 

Then cycled back & called Julie just after 3am. Then the police at 3.26am.

He told the police Nevill called him 'around 3.10am'. Later saying the delay in calling the police was due to him looking for the number of Chelmsford Police.

He flip/flopped around over whether he called Julie before or after the police.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 03:23:AM by Adam »

Offline Adam

« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2022, 03:37:AM »
If the massacre was 10 years later when phone bills were itemised, he would know for sure he would have to leave a message on his AM.

He would also know he would have to be quicker in phoning the police after phoning his cottage from WHF. A 15 minute gap would have to be justified by saying he looked for the number of Chelmsford Police.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 03:39:AM by Adam »

Offline Adam

« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2022, 03:42:AM »
For someone who was head of a family, farm, businesses, the family fortunes, courts, & a former RAF pilot, Nevill  showed great weakness with Sheila.

Ringing someone's AM he employed as a farm labourer. Together with other huge mistakes which are in the thread post.

If BT could trace calls in 1985 (they couldn't), the police would have challenged him over his 'around 3.10am' time.

Bamber could say he was half asleep & then in a panic. So must have got the time wrong.

Offline Adam

« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2022, 04:17:AM »
If BT could trace calls in 1985 (they couldn't), the police would have challenged him over his 'around 3.10am' time.

Bamber could say he was half asleep & then in a panic. So must have got the time wrong.

It would be better for him to say 'around 3.10am' rather than the actual time he would have called his AM - in my view around 2.50am.

A gap of over 30 minutes before phoning the police cannot be justified.

He either knew or suspected BT couldn't trace calls.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 04:20:AM by Adam »

Offline ILB

« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2022, 05:41:AM »
It would be better for him to say 'around 3.10am' rather than the actual time he would have called his AM - in my view around 2.50am.

A gap of over 30 minutes before phoning the police cannot be justified.

He either knew or suspected BT couldn't trace calls.
To be fair Adam that doesn't fit with the narrative of Bamber claiming in his September 1985 police interviews that they should check with the provider to prove the said calls took place. If he was lying about that. Then he was taking a huge risk. So he must have had some belief that they could be.
If yesterday you hated me. Then today you can not stop the love that binds from me to you. And you to me

Offline Adam

« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2022, 05:53:AM »
To be fair Adam that doesn't fit with the narrative of Bamber claiming in his September 1985 police interviews that they should check with the provider to prove the said calls took place. If he was lying about that. Then he was taking a huge risk. So he must have had some belief that they could be.

Believe he asked them if they could check.

He either knew they couldn't. Or he had covered himself by phoning his AM.

It is possible he didn't know & had not rang his AM. So confident he was in his plan. In that case he would be panicking when suspiscious police started asking about phone calls.