Author Topic: Nevill's mistakes with Sheila:  (Read 687 times)

Offline Munksa

Re: Nevill's mistakes with Sheila:
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2022, 01:37:PM »
Can you quote the extract?

Lomax is a hardcore supporter & would know an AM pre massacre would be more evidence which confirmed his guilt.

It's always been accepted he had an AM pre massacre. Mike as a hardcore guilter said this.

Might always be one of those grey areas. As CC said, people keep receipts for electrical goods for a year & Bamber kept his electrical receipts.

Over to you Bamber.

He said on FB page.

I said according to Scott , I am not saying I believe him. Neither do I believe Bamber is telling Scott truth! In fact Scott told me Bamber lies a lot! One reason for their fallo out....

Offline Adam

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2022, 01:37:PM »
Not necessarily, as the guilt camp will then say he just made up the call from Nevill (as opposed to staging it).

I always take Jeremy's claims with a pinch of salt, because he does tell some whoppers, but on this occasion, I believe he is telling the truth about not having an answering machine pre-incident.  The reason is that the only purpose an answering machine would serve is to help him stage a call from Nevill, but Jeremy could not have pre-planned that call because he would have assumed that Nevill would be killed where he was found, so an answering machine is only of use to him if it is already rigged up at Bourtree Cottage before he sets out that night.

Correct.

You don't think Bamber would have an AM in 1985. He had a sun bed & top stereo equipment.

Mike said he had an AM.
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Adam

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2022, 01:39:PM »
He said on FB page.

I said according to Scott , I am not saying I believe him. Neither do I believe Bamber is telling Scott truth! In fact Scott told me Bamber lies a lot! One reason for their fallo out....

Need to see sources on the forum.

Offline QCChevalier

• Veteran Member
  • I defer to Sir Frederick Geoffrey Lawrence, QC
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2022, 01:40:PM »
Don't believe he's ever said it.

Either Scott Lomax has lied to Munksa or Jeremy didn't have an answering machine.  It can't be that Jeremy has lied about it. Although Jeremy does tell lies, this cannot be a lie, for the reasons given above.

Offline Munksa

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2022, 01:40:PM »
Not necessarily, as the guilt camp will then say he just made up the call from Nevill (as opposed to staging it).

I always take Jeremy's claims with a pinch of salt, because he does tell some whoppers, but on this occasion, I believe he is telling the truth about not having an answering machine pre-incident.  The reason is that the only purpose an answering machine would serve is to help him stage a call from Nevill, but Jeremy could not have pre-planned that call because he would have assumed that Nevill would be killed where he was found, so an answering machine is only of use to him if it is already rigged up at Bourtree Cottage before he sets out that night.

Of course he made up the call, you silly !!!

See you soon mean while get cosy and lived up with Cutie

Offline QCChevalier

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2022, 01:41:PM »
He said on FB page.

Scott Lomax does not seem like the type to lie, and for the reasons already explained, Jeremy could not have lied about this.  I agree Jeremy does lie, but not on this point, due to other evidence we have.

Offline Adam

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2022, 01:42:PM »
Bamber's AM would be vital in staging a phone call from WHF. If he chose to do this.

He could then tell the police his AM was switched off. Which is why he was able to answer Nevill's call.

Offline QCChevalier

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2022, 01:43:PM »
Bamber's AM would be vital in staging a phone call from WHF. If he chose to do this.

He could then tell the police his AM was switched off. Which is why he was able to answer Nevill's call.

I think the conclusion has to be that he did not stage a call.  He must have made it all up.

Offline Adam

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2022, 01:45:PM »
Either Scott Lomax has lied to Munksa or Jeremy didn't have an answering machine.  It can't be that Jeremy has lied about it. Although Jeremy does tell lies, this cannot be a lie, for the reasons given above.

Just need to see a source from FB or Scott Lomax.

There is nothing in Julie's or Bamber's WS's saying he bought an AM after the massacre.

Mike, CAL & Wilkes say he had one days afterwards.

Offline Adam

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2022, 01:48:PM »
I think the conclusion has to be that he did not stage a call.  He must have made it all up.

Could be either.

The only thing he certainly did was leave the bedroom/kitchen phone off the hook.

Offline Kestrel19

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2022, 01:52:PM »

I should probably have said I was speaking a little tongue in cheek!
My personal view on the Answer Machine is that the existence of one or not doesn’t really have a bearing on the verdict.
I know that Adam is firmly attached to the view that it had to be on 24/7 but even a quick look back through this forum shows that he’s in the minority on that view from people who were around at the time, and as I’ve previously said this is  also my own albeit limited experience then that AM’s were often only on when the person was actually out of the house.
Based on this then it wouldn’t be a surprise for the AM to be off with Bamber at home so if a call was made then it could have just rung or if a call was made up it doesn’t change anything.
The only time an AM would have been useful would actually have been to the defence if I it had been switched on as it could prove a call was made, the fact that it was either switched off or didn’t exist doesn’t appear to be unusual or to support either the for or against argument to any real extent.

Was it even brought up at trial? If not then that suggests if it did exist then it being switched off wasn’t seen as as being worthy of mention.

Offline Adam

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2022, 01:53:PM »
Nevill's life was basically about him being the authority figure -

Head of the family.

Head of the farm.

Head of the businesses.

Head of WHF & other properties.

Head of the family wealth.

A magistrate.

Former RAF pilot.

Head of Sheila's finances.

Head of farm hand Jeremy.

----------

Nevill would be very dismissive of Sheila holding a rifle used for shoiting rabbits.

He certainly would not phone Bamber's AM to 'stall her' as QC says.

To add to this, Nevill towered over Sheila & was her father.

Impossible for him to crumble & make so many life threatening mistakes.

Offline Adam

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2022, 01:56:PM »
My personal view on the Answer Machine is that the existence of one or not doesn’t really have a bearing on the verdict.
I know that Adam is firmly attached to the view that it had to be on 24/7 but even a quick look back through this forum shows that he’s in the minority on that view from people who were around at the time, and as I’ve previously said this is  also my own albeit limited experience then that AM’s were often only on when the person was actually out of the house.
Based on this then it wouldn’t be a surprise for the AM to be off with Bamber at home so if a call was made then it could have just rung or if a call was made up it doesn’t change anything.
The only time an AM would have been useful would actually have been to the defence if I it had been switched on as it could prove a call was made, the fact that it was either switched off or didn’t exist doesn’t appear to be unusual or to support either the for or against argument to any real extent.

Was it even brought up at trial? If not then that suggests if it did exist then it being switched off wasn’t seen as as being worthy of mention.

What do you think of Nevill's 16 major mistakes in the thread post?

Assuming he rang Bamber's switched off AM & waited several minutes for him to answer.

Offline QCChevalier

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2022, 01:57:PM »

Sorry but I disagree.  If anything, in these discussions we are going into things in greater depth than they would have at trial.  From a trial point of view, the prosecution were not advancing a view on whether Jeremy staged a call or made one up.  They believed his guilt could be proven either way.  But 37 years later, Jeremy still says he's innocent, so it does seem to me important to try to understand how he could have done it, and whether or not he had an answering machine seems important to that question.  Not that we can necessarily come to a firm view one way or the other.

Offline QCChevalier

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2022, 01:58:PM »
Just need to see a source from FB or Scott Lomax.

There is nothing in Julie's or Bamber's WS's saying he bought an AM after the massacre.

Mike, CAL & Wilkes say he had one days afterwards.

Then feel free to look for a source.