Author Topic: Shell Casings Next To Sheila  (Read 61100 times)

Offline Caroline

Re: Shell Casings Next To Sheila
« Reply #480 on: November 19, 2019, 10:43:PM »
Best also be careful what you say next!
Few people have the imagination for reality

Online ILB

« Reply #481 on: November 19, 2019, 10:50:PM »
She wasn't a 'farming girl'. She spent most of her youth at boarding schools. She didn't work on the farm. You're making assumptions based on opinion. Colin confirms that Sheila knew nothing about guns.
her father was a farmer apart from boarding school she grew up in a farming household. I invite you to find logic and evidence otherwise....
If yesterday you hated me. Then today you can not stop the love that binds from me to you. And you to me

Offline Caroline

« Reply #482 on: November 19, 2019, 11:27:PM »
her father was a farmer apart from boarding school she grew up in a farming household. I invite you to find logic and evidence otherwise....

She grew up on a farm - went to boarding school from aged 8, she didn't work or shoot on the farm. I invite you to prove she did! Her own husband states that she didn't use or like guns. Good luck with the search!

Online ILB

« Reply #483 on: November 20, 2019, 08:05:PM »
Her own husband states that she didn't use or like guns. Good luck with the search!
i have a sister. She is married. She is two years my senior. If her husband stated she never showed an interest in football. I'd be able to contradict it.
If yesterday you hated me. Then today you can not stop the love that binds from me to you. And you to me

Offline Jane

« Reply #484 on: November 20, 2019, 08:17:PM »
i have a sister. She is married. She is two years my senior. If her husband stated she never showed an interest in football. I'd be able to contradict it.

I don't doubt that for a moment, but I doubt that Sheila had any interest in football, either.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #485 on: November 20, 2019, 08:40:PM »

Sorry, I fail to see the connection?

Online ILB

« Reply #486 on: November 20, 2019, 09:28:PM »
Sorry, I fail to see the connection?
read it again, and put Jeremy and Shelia in the scenario

Offline Caroline

« Reply #487 on: November 20, 2019, 09:37:PM »
read it again, and put Jeremy and Shelia in the scenario

I'm sure you sisters husband knows she likes football. Just as Colin knew all about Sheila's lack of experience with guns.

Online ILB

« Reply #488 on: November 20, 2019, 09:39:PM »
I'm sure you sisters husband knows she likes football. Just as Colin knew all about Sheila's lack of experience with guns.
who met Shelia first? Jeremy or Colin?

Online ILB

« Reply #489 on: November 20, 2019, 09:43:PM »
Jeremy is taking a gamble isn't he, if he states his sister has knowledge of firearms with so many relatives prepared to contradict him.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #490 on: November 20, 2019, 09:54:PM »
Jeremy is taking a gamble isn't he, if he states his sister has knowledge of firearms with so many relatives prepared to contradict him.

The gamble was shooting them all in the first place.

Offline Jane

« Reply #491 on: November 21, 2019, 07:17:AM »

If Sheila had the knowledge of firearms you're implying, the family would have been aware, ie they'd have been at the same shoots. The shooting fraternity being small, they'd have socialized with the same people. There'd have been gun talk when they were together. You may take it as read, that HAD Sheila shown an interest in/had any knowledge of firearms, someone would have come forward.................if only to dispel the myth that this, least likely of women, had no interest in them.

Offline lookout

« Reply #492 on: November 21, 2019, 09:30:AM »
" This woman " was by no means stupid though and had more nouse than her brother.

Offline Jane

« Reply #493 on: November 21, 2019, 10:29:AM »
" This woman " was by no means stupid though and had more nouse than her brother.

This is simply your opinion. If you have any concrete proof of it it would be interesting to hear. It would also be interesting to know how "nous" equates with psychosis. You appear to be suggesting that she'd kept secret for years a love of guns. WHY? Are you also suggesting she'd planned it for years?

Offline lookout

« Reply #494 on: November 21, 2019, 10:40:AM »
This is simply your opinion. If you have any concrete proof of it it would be interesting to hear. It would also be interesting to know how "nous" equates with psychosis. You appear to be suggesting that she'd kept secret for years a love of guns. WHY? Are you also suggesting she'd planned it for years?

I'm not suggesting that Sheila had a " love of guns ", nobody in their right senses would have. Neither am I suggesting that she'd been planning the killings either .
All I'd suggested was that Sheila, as a child growing up had appeared to have had more about her than Jeremy as regards common sense and learning and after having spent years on the farm would have watched her father load a gun or two and may have even been by his side when it came to shooting vermin-----we don't know.
DB had admitted showing her about guns in their earlier years, she was always surrounded by them on the farm.