Author Topic: Luke's German Army Parka  (Read 1991 times)

Offline David1819

Luke's German Army Parka
« on: October 23, 2019, 06:53:PM »
Here is Luke wearing a "German Army Parka" 

https://www.epicmilitaria.com/olive-bundeswehr-parka-with-liner.html

You can see the German flag on both shoulders in the photo.

Is this what the police never recovered but Corrine "replaced" later on?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 06:54:PM by David1819 »

Offline David1819

Re: Luke's German Army Parka
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 08:41:AM »
Hahaha! A photo of Luke wearing what Sandra claims never existed.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 08:42:AM by David1819 »

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 11:56:AM »
Hahaha! A photo of Luke wearing what Sandra claims never existed.

yes she already explained it was bought after the murder

Offline Cambridgecutie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2022, 10:55:AM »
Here is Luke wearing a "German Army Parka" 

https://www.epicmilitaria.com/olive-bundeswehr-parka-with-liner.html

You can see the German flag on both shoulders in the photo.

Is this what the police never recovered but Corrine "replaced" later on?

Why would he have been wearing a parka coat on 30th June?  I am not saying he didn't because I don't know but it seems heavy attire for the height of summer.   

Who actually saw him wearing this coat on 30th June? 

Did he wear the coat to school on 30th June?

Was he wearing the coat when he met David High?
Patrick O'Connor, Barrister, Doughty Street Chambers: "It will have to be a slam dunk.  It will have to be something of a blockbuster piece of evidence to have a chance".

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2022, 11:35:AM »
Why would he have been wearing a parka coat on 30th June?  I am not saying he didn't because I don't know but it seems heavy attire for the height of summer.   

Who actually saw him wearing this coat on 30th June? 

Did he wear the coat to school on 30th June?

Was he wearing the coat when he met David High?
Maybe these two threads could be merged. Wasn't it Andrina Bryson who spotted a teenager in a parka along with a young female at the entrance to Roan's Dyke?

Offline Cambridgecutie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2022, 11:56:AM »
Maybe these two threads could be merged. Wasn't it Andrina Bryson who spotted a teenager in a parka along with a young female at the entrance to Roan's Dyke?

Yes I believe so.  But she did not id Luke in an identity parade but from photographs.  More importantly she was unable to identify Luke at court as the individual she observed. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4054775.stm
Patrick O'Connor, Barrister, Doughty Street Chambers: "It will have to be a slam dunk.  It will have to be something of a blockbuster piece of evidence to have a chance".

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2022, 12:04:PM »
Yes I believe so.  But she did not id Luke in an identity parade but from photographs.  More importantly she was unable to identify Luke at court as the individual she observed. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4054775.stm
I think you have to be in court to be able to give an impartial judgement, and even then you might get it wrong. I am on record saying that there should be a retrial held away from the Edinburgh area due to the disgraceful press coverage leading up to the conviction.

Offline Cambridgecutie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2022, 12:30:PM »
I think you have to be in court to be able to give an impartial judgement, and even then you might get it wrong. I am on record saying that there should be a retrial held away from the Edinburgh area due to the disgraceful press coverage leading up to the conviction.

Yes I agree.  It was a truly horrific murder and it seems the people of Scotland were determined someone was going to be held accountable regardless. 

I have no idea if he's guilty or not but from my albeit limited understanding it sounds dodgy to me.   

Offline Germane

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2022, 05:45:PM »
Eight separate witnesses testified in court that Luke Mitchell had owned and worn a green parka jacket prior to the murder (see cite below). In fact, there were actually about 20 people in total that said they had seen LM wearing a parka jacket before the murder, but they cherry-picked 8 out of those to use in court that were the most incriminating. The most incriminating of all came from a teacher at St David’s RC High School (this teacher had left just before the 2003 semester ended) who said he had seen LM walking around the school playground in the parka before the 30.06.03, and that the used to joke that LM looked like a ‘hooded monk’ with it on. Another important piece of evidence came from a young lad who said he had seen LM with the green parka on in an off-licence — called Eskbank Trading — before the murder. Donald Findlay tried to trip this lad up by asking him how he knew LM had this jacket: once the lad answered, “because of the murder and everything”, DF gleefully inferred that that had meant this lad only saw LM with the parka on in the newspapers, AFTER the murder. However, the young lad went on to clarify that he had definitely seen LM with it on BEFORE the murder and that another reason he remembered this was because his mother owned the exact same jacket (the lad also spoke of the distinctive badges of the German national flag on the sleeves (Andrina Bryson also alluded to these).

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/MURDER+ACCUSED%27S+MUM+TELLS+COURT+OF+ALIBI%3a+Luke+was+at+home+with+me...-a0127039909

Offline Bubo bubo

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2022, 05:57:PM »
Eight separate witnesses testified in court that Luke Mitchell had owned and worn a green parka jacket prior to the murder (see cite below). In fact, there were actually about 20 people in total that said they had seen LM wearing a parka jacket before the murder, but they cherry-picked 8 out of those to use in court that were the most incriminating. The most incriminating of all came from a teacher at St David’s RC High School (this teacher had left just before the 2003 semester ended) who said he had seen LM walking around the school playground in the parka before the 30.06.03, and that the used to joke that LM looked like a ‘hooded monk’ with it on. Another important piece of evidence came from a young lad who said he had seen LM with the green parka on in an off-licence — called Eskbank Trading — before the murder. Donald Findlay tried to trip this lad up by asking him how he knew LM had this jacket: once the lad answered, “because of the murder and everything”, DF gleefully inferred that that had meant this lad only saw LM with the parka on in the newspapers, AFTER the murder. However, the young lad went on to clarify that he had definitely seen LM with it on BEFORE the murder and that another reason he remembered this was because his mother owned the exact same jacket (the lad also spoke of the distinctive badges of the German national flag on the sleeves (Andrina Bryson also alluded to these).

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/MURDER+ACCUSED%27S+MUM+TELLS+COURT+OF+ALIBI%3a+Luke+was+at+home+with+me...-a0127039909

I think you need to do some more research. The Parka argument has been totally discredited in recent videos and argued on this forum (Suggest you read the posts from the last couple of weeks) to the extent that even Luke is recorded as saying he wore a green bomber jacket on the date to school and later that evening when questioned by police who took the item. No forensic evidence was forthcoming from the log burner and any of its parts. No signs of clothing materials were found. You are obviously still mesmerised by hysteria of the case and the media circus that pilloried the lad even before the trial.

More on the parka in this thread.

https://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,11074.45.html
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 06:07:PM by Bubo bubo »

Offline Roadrunner

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2022, 06:27:PM »
(the lad also spoke of the distinctive badges of the German national flag on the sleeves (Andrina Bryson also alluded to these).

If Luke Mitchell is being pictured wearing a parka in the press alongside coverage saying he's the only suspect then the police interview locals of course they'll find some that say he had a parka.
Just like they had numerous witnesses to say he had a German army shirt.

Andrina Bryson did not allude to German flags you really need to put a source for that claim.
According to Sandra Lean AB maintained throughout her time on the stand that it was not a parka that she seen and she did not identify Luke Mitchell despite the press coverage. The first mention of a parka in the case files is from RW when she said 'it could have been a parka'.
Before this the police were questioning Luke Mitchell about a German army shirt that they already had in their possession.

Even if you were to believe he had a parka before the murder which he didn't, how would a parka stop blood transfer and keep him clean head to toe? How does a Parka stop Luke's DNA transferring to Jodi?
Where's the time to give it to his mum to burn then clean up while staying dirty? It makes no sense when you look at the parka evidence for what it is.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2022, 06:45:PM »

It would explain the vigilantism directed against the caravan site, though not excuse it.

Offline Germane

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2022, 06:51:PM »
I think you need to do some more research. The Parka argument has been totally discredited in recent videos and argued on this forum (Suggest you read the posts from the last couple of weeks) to the extent that even Luke is recorded as saying he wore a green bomber jacket on the date to school and later that evening when questioned by police who took the item. No forensic evidence was forthcoming from the log burner and any of its parts. No signs of clothing materials were found. You are obviously still mesmerised by hysteria of the case and the media circus that pilloried the lad even before the trial.

More on the parka in this thread.

https://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,11074.45.html

I’m having none of it. Yes, LM had worn a green bomber jacket to school that day, yes he was positively identified wearing the green bomber jacket on n’battle rd @ 1800 hrs by 3 boys who knew him, yes the police took the bomber jacket in the early hours of the morning of 01.07.03 .... but ..... what was LM wearing between  1638 - 1800? It wasn’t a sunny day that day — was dull and overcast most of the day and had been threatening to rain all day — so it stands to reason that LM would’ve worn a heavier jacket with hood. Now on to the crux of the matter: LM wasn’t seen after the LF&RW sighting @ 1740, until 1800. This was a busy road at peak time, so why wasn’t he seen for 20 mins? He was seen by 6 different witnesses on the nbattle rd between 1800-1815 (2 of those 6 said it wasn’t him, marion o’sullivan and derek hamilton, but I think they were mistaken). I’ll tell you why he wasn’t seen between 1740 - 1800 ... he went home via the shortcut in the woodlands to change his clothes, facilitated by CM (and he didn’t necessarily go into his house at this point to change ... cm or sm could easily had passed clothes out to him in that house/garage that was well concealed with trees, bushes, climbing ivy).

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2022, 06:54:PM »
I’m having none of it. Yes, LM had worn a green bomber jacket to school that day, yes he was positively identified wearing the green bomber jacket on n’battle rd @ 1800 hrs by 3 boys who knew him, yes the police took the bomber jacket in the early hours of the morning of 01.07.03 .... but ..... what was LM wearing between  1638 - 1800? It wasn’t a sunny day that day — was dull and overcast most of the day and had been threatening to rain all day — so it stands to reason that LM would’ve worn a heavier jacket with hood. Now on to the crux of the matter: LM wasn’t seen after the LF&RW sighting @ 1740, until 1800. This was a busy road at peak time, so why wasn’t he seen for 20 mins? He was seen by 6 different witnesses on the nbattle rd between 1800-1815 (2 of those 6 said it wasn’t him, marion o’sullivan and derek hamilton, but I think they were mistaken). I’ll tell you why he wasn’t seen between 1740 - 1800 ... he went home via the shortcut in the woodlands to change his clothes, facilitated by CM (and he didn’t necessarily go into his house at this point to change ... cm or sm could easily had passed clothes out to him in that house/garage that was well concealed with trees, bushes, climbing ivy).
Do you think the crime was premeditated germaine?

Offline Germane

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2022, 07:22:PM »
If Luke Mitchell is being pictured wearing a parka in the press alongside coverage saying he's the only suspect then the police interview locals of course they'll find some that say he had a parka.
Just like they had numerous witnesses to say he had a German army shirt.

Andrina Bryson did not allude to German flags you really need to put a source for that claim.
According to Sandra Lean AB maintained throughout her time on the stand that it was not a parka that she seen and she did not identify Luke Mitchell despite the press coverage. The first mention of a parka in the case files is from RW when she said 'it could have been a parka'.
Before this the police were questioning Luke Mitchell about a German army shirt that they already had in their possession.

Even if you were to believe he had a parka before the murder which he didn't, how would a parka stop blood transfer and keep him clean head to toe? How does a Parka stop Luke's DNA transferring to Jodi?
Where's the time to give it to his mum to burn then clean up while staying dirty? It makes no sense when you look at the parka evidence for what it is.

AB had only seen that couple for a few seconds while being preoccupied with 2 young kids in the back of her car. She did well to recollect what she did, including the girl she saw too. And, contrary to what SL says, AB did not say the male had thick shaggy hair; she said he had a lot of sandy hair, shoulder length hair sticking up at the back in clumps, that reminded her of the character of Shaggy from the Scooby do movie that came out around that time. Pathologist at the scene said it would be surprising if the perp did not have blood on him — not impossible. Blood spraying forward with the perp behind the victim, cutting and slashing, is a possible explanation for a lack of blood on the perp. Besides, LM was forensically aware and, imo, he had help in destroying his clothes that night and changing into other clothes. Funny how the boys that he met up with in the abbey (David High & David Tulloch) testified in court that LM was more cleaner and more kempt that evening. A lot more tidier and cleaner than his usual scruffy self. Funny that, eh? The circumstantial evidence against LM was overwhelming, imo.