Author Topic: Relatives aided in their cause by PC Robert Carr (Met' police officer)...  (Read 3126 times)

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
PC Robert Carr, was a Metroplitan police officer, who is the son of Jim Carr the manager of Osea Road Camp site. He got involved in the police investigation from an early stage, helping the relatives to promote the idea that Sheila could not have been responsible, either as the killer of the others, or from taking her own life...

How coincidental, that half a decade later that the Metropolitan Police force should take charge of the re-investigation into the prosecution by Essex police into the conduct of police and witnesses in the case brought against Bamber...
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive"...

Offline Jan

How did “ bobby “ let that letter out of his possession?

Interesting .

Offline Jan

Mike an you clarify when this letter was written ?

Offline David1819

How did “ bobby “ let that letter out of his possession?

Interesting .

Much like everything else "bobby" does and writes. He thinks he is doing actual detective work. Oblivious to the fact he is actually helping to document a conspiracy.

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
Mike an you clarify when this letter was written ?

Yes, of course it was written around the 14th / 15th August 1985 - after Jeremy had been into9 Witham police station to see the police (he nearly bumped into PC 'Bobby' Robert Carr, on that occasion)...

Offline Jane

Yes, of course it was written around the 14th / 15th August 1985 - after Jeremy had been into9 Witham police station to see the police (he nearly bumped into PC 'Bobby' Robert Carr, on that occasion)...

You're probably right, Mike, but I certain you're very aware that just saying something is or isn't doesn't prove it. Letters are generally dated so it would help to see the date.

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
You're probably right, Mike, but I certain you're very aware that just saying something is or isn't doesn't prove it. Letters are generally dated so it would help to see the date.

Jeremy attended Witham police station on afternoon of the 14th August 1985, therefore, it seems likely that Robert Carr attending Witham police station that same date, that candidate PC Robert Carr penned this letter to enable his dad (Jim  Carr) on that very same date, or at least very soon afterwards...

Offline Jan

It looks like it says thurs 12 th ?but no month or year

Offline Jan

So does this look like Robert was giving the info to the officer from the met and then he was feeding back the reaction to the family . So if this was the 12th Aug had the silencer already been handed in or was it still with the family ?

Online gringo

• Veteran Member
It looks like it says thurs 12 th ?but no month or year
   It is most likely the 12th September, Jan, as this was a Thursday. The 12th August fell on a Monday.

Offline Jan

Thanks Gringo

I think the note dated 11th Sept could have been the family chasing up the report / news on the silencer so around that time then .

Interesting .

Perhaps the family felt they were getting nowhere and needed someone else to back them up .

Online gringo

• Veteran Member
Thanks Gringo

I think the note dated 11th Sept could have been the family chasing up the report / news on the silencer so around that time then .

Interesting .

Perhaps the family felt they were getting nowhere and needed someone else to back them up .
  The timing is as you say interesting Jan.
   The relatives were getting very busy during this period. According to Colin's statement of 11/9/85,
"... on 9/8/85 I received a phone call from DB to the effect that "we" had all been making statements to the police and we are sure that Sheila couldn't have pulled the trigger."
   I believe that this is the same call that Colin described in his book as being the most "disturbing and evasive call" he had received in his life.
   From about the 8/9/85 onwards the relatives were making new statements, had co-opted the assistance of Robert Carr who was arranging meetings with EP Inspectors, DB was making unsolicited calls to Colin in a clear attempt to influence his evidence by convincing him, amongst other things, that Sheila "couldn't have pulled the trigger.
   Colin's statement of the 11th also mentions legal action being threatened by the Pargeter's over three valuable items that Uncle Neville had "promised". Jeremy received a solicitor's letter demanding the items or that legal proceedings would follow. The items were allegedly the three most valuable items in the house(two paintings and the third item unspecified). Funnily enough the items were not "promised in  Uncle Neville's will".
   It is pretty clear, to me at least, that the driving force of the relatives was money and self preservation. They were money chasing before the bodies were even cold.

Offline David1819

The timing is as you say interesting Jan.
   The relatives were getting very busy during this period. According to Colin's statement of 11/9/85,
"... on 9/8/85 I received a phone call from DB to the effect that "we" had all been making statements to the police and we are sure that Sheila couldn't have pulled the trigger."
   I believe that this is the same call that Colin described in his book as being the most "disturbing and evasive call" he had received in his life.
   From about the 8/9/85 onwards the relatives were making new statements, had co-opted the assistance of Robert Carr who was arranging meetings with EP Inspectors, DB was making unsolicited calls to Colin in a clear attempt to influence his evidence by convincing him, amongst other things, that Sheila "couldn't have pulled the trigger.
   Colin's statement of the 11th also mentions legal action being threatened by the Pargeter's over three valuable items that Uncle Neville had "promised". Jeremy received a solicitor's letter demanding the items or that legal proceedings would follow. The items were allegedly the three most valuable items in the house(two paintings and the third item unspecified). Funnily enough the items were not "promised in  Uncle Neville's will".
   It is pretty clear, to me at least, that the driving force of the relatives was money and self preservation. They were money chasing before the bodies were even cold.

Not to mention they also owed Nevill a lot of money and that would soon transpire into owing Jeremy a lot of money. Nevill owned their farmland that would soon transpire into Jeremy owning their farm land.

Online gringo

• Veteran Member
Not to mention they also owed Nevill a lot of money and that would soon transpire into owing Jeremy a lot of money. Nevill owned their farmland that would soon transpire into Jeremy owning their farm land.
  It is pretty clear, from the evidence available, what the relatives priorities were David. I suspect that most, including guilters, know this too.

Offline lookout

I would hazard a guess at there being similar relatives like that in lots of families !