Author Topic: Chess  (Read 1103 times)

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
Re: Chess
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2023, 04:49:PM »
I don't believe that Roch, Chess is a great game far more variations than atoms in the universe.

I don't believe that Roch, Chess is a great game far more variations than atoms in the universe.

I learned to play very early on in senior school but at some point discontinued. While I enjoyed playing, I never developed to the point where I understood strategy. I did spend a while playing on PS4 against the computer, about a year or two ago. It was enjoyable to some extent and quite challenging for me.

Offline Rob_

• Veteran Member
Re: Chess
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2023, 08:00:PM »
I learned to play very early on in senior school but at some point discontinued. While I enjoyed playing, I never developed to the point where I understood strategy. I did spend a while playing on PS4 against the computer, about a year or two ago. It was enjoyable to some extent and quite challenging for me.

You probably know a lot more about strategy than you realise, unless you are playing against good players strategy and opening knowledge is almost of no use as you will be out of opening theory in a couple of moves etc. and the game is decided just by tactics.

The same goes for endgame knowledge.