Author Topic: Oborne on Truss  (Read 1122 times)

Offline simong

Re: Oborne on Truss
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2022, 01:54:AM »
He's a safe pair of hands to reassure the markets, plus he represents a Northern constituency.

He also represents California, Hampshire and I would pay to watch Rishi engage with someone paid to pick litter in his northern constituency. For sure he will reassure the markets and Goldman Sachs will celebrate their first prime minister with just seven years of parliamentary experience. Thank god we live in bottom up democracy where the electorate elect the politicians that work for them.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2022, 07:05:PM »
He also represents California, Hampshire and I would pay to watch Rishi engage with someone paid to pick litter in his northern constituency. For sure he will reassure the markets and Goldman Sachs will celebrate their first prime minister with just seven years of parliamentary experience. Thank god we live in bottom up democracy where the electorate elect the politicians that work for them.
I'm not sure whether that last sentence is sarcasm or not. You'll always get criticism whether you lived over the shop in Grantham or you're the husband of a multimillionairess.

There may be some truth in what you say; time will tell. https://youtu.be/psASw5hbAmw
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 07:05:PM by Steve_uk »

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2023, 02:37:PM »
Is she on drugs or am I missing something? I had hoped that Liz would issue grovelling apologies to the UK population. But instead, she's trying to make a comeback. Absolutely no shame.  As if the ills she caused are far less important than the remote possibility she can somehow rehabilitate her image. Frightening.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2023, 10:09:PM »
Is she on drugs or am I missing something? I had hoped that Liz would issue grovelling apologies to the UK population. But instead, she's trying to make a comeback. Absolutely no shame.  As if the ills she caused are far less important than the remote possibility she can somehow rehabilitate her image. Frightening.
Maybe she's going through her midlife crisis.