Author Topic: The Death Of PC Harper  (Read 242 times)

Offline Jane

The Death Of PC Harper
« on: August 17, 2019, 05:28:PM »
SO many tragic deaths of those who put our safety before their own. This young man only married for 1 month. RIP sounds so pathetic and useless, but it's all there is.

Online Steve_uk

Re: The Death Of PC Harper
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 07:17:PM »
SO many tragic deaths of those who put our safety before their own. This young man only married for 1 month. RIP sounds so pathetic and useless, but it's all there is.
What a sad indictment of today's society that we are often no longer together, whether it's Police protecting us on the streets, teachers abused in schools, nursing staff attacked in A&E, or even parents no longer respected in the home. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49376206

Offline Caroline

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 09:38:PM »

Absolutely terrible!

And another - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-49373700
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline lookout

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 10:36:AM »
What a sad indictment of today's society that we are often no longer together, whether it's Police protecting us on the streets, teachers abused in schools, nursing staff attacked in A&E, or even parents no longer respected in the home. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49376206

Welcome to the world of PC ! Works well doesn't it ?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 07:22:PM »

Welcome to the world of PC ! Works well doesn't it ?

Steve's post was the opposite of PC.

Offline Jane

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2019, 08:21:PM »
Steve's post was the opposite of PC.

And isn't it a sad indictment of today's society that after such an appalling occurrence there are only 3 posters who have voiced concern and shown support, and 1 who posted -wrongly- about one of them being PC.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2019, 12:17:PM »

And isn't it a sad indictment of today's society that after such an appalling occurrence there are only 3 posters who have voiced concern and shown support, and 1 who posted -wrongly- about one of them being PC.

Yep it certainly is!

Offline lookout

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 02:08:PM »
You don't get it do you ??  ::)

Offline lookout

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2019, 03:00:PM »
PC because the power has been taken from both the Police and teaching staff and the criminally minded act the way they do because they can ! Speak to children in a stern tone and you have the parents at the school because their child is upset. Criminals laugh in the face of the law because they can !

Parents daren't scold their children in case they're ( parents ) reported to the authorities, so what do you have ?  A society of criminals and feral kids. Since 1998 the wrong message has been sent out as regards " rights ". Once upon a time a person would have hanged for murdering a police officer !

Laws need to change and quick. 

Offline Jane

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2019, 03:16:PM »
PC because the power has been taken from both the Police and teaching staff and the criminally minded act the way they do because they can ! Speak to children in a stern tone and you have the parents at the school because their child is upset. Criminals laugh in the face of the law because they can !

Parents daren't scold their children in case they're ( parents ) reported to the authorities, so what do you have ?  A society of criminals and feral kids. Since 1998 the wrong message has been sent out as regards " rights ". Once upon a time a person would have hanged for murdering a police officer !

Laws need to change and quick.

I fully concur. However, it remains that some parents manage to raise children to be successful adults so before laws are changed perhaps it might be worth taking a look at their model?

Offline lookout

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2019, 05:04:PM »

I fully concur. However, it remains that some parents manage to raise children to be successful adults so before laws are changed perhaps it might be worth taking a look at their model?

In this particular case of murder and at the risk of sounding racist, some of those travellers aren't the best models for their offspring. My daughter deals with them and their caravans and 4x4's on a daily basis as they cross from NI to the UK and my heart is in my mouth when she has to search their vehicles----especially if she's accused of discrimination. Staffing them is at a premium.

Offline Jane

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2019, 08:20:PM »

In this particular case of murder and at the risk of sounding racist, some of those travellers aren't the best models for their offspring. My daughter deals with them and their caravans and 4x4's on a daily basis as they cross from NI to the UK and my heart is in my mouth when she has to search their vehicles----especially if she's accused of discrimination. Staffing them is at a premium.

We have them near us. From humble beginnings in ramshackle huts in fields with their horses, they now live in very upmarket park homes, and truly magnificent mansions behind electronic gates. Their horses now travel in horse boxes pulled by 4X4's. The wive's drive BMW's and Mercedes. I believe it's called evolving.

Online Steve_uk

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2019, 08:48:PM »
We have them near us. From humble beginnings in ramshackle huts in fields with their horses, they now live in very upmarket park homes, and truly magnificent mansions behind electronic gates. Their horses now travel in horse boxes pulled by 4X4's. The wive's drive BMW's and Mercedes. I believe it's called evolving.
But are they typical of the traveller population as a whole? I know children on the school roll who never attend and nothing is done by the council.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/18/gypsies-travellers-uk-housing-crisis-charities-warn

Offline Caroline

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2019, 09:11:PM »

There will always be criminals Lookout not matter what the laws or rules.

Offline Jane

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2019, 08:20:AM »
But are they typical of the traveller population as a whole? I know children on the school roll who never attend and nothing is done by the council.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/18/gypsies-travellers-uk-housing-crisis-charities-warn

I wasn't trying to suggest that they were typical, Steve. I was just trying to highlight the diversities. The same diversities which exist between all parents who choose to keep their children out of schools, perhaps?