Author Topic: JB petition now has almost ten thousand signatures.  (Read 34304 times)

Offline Jane

Re: JB petition now has almost ten thousand signatures.
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2019, 02:33:PM »

If it's not been seen before it will be key.

If they deem it as having been relevant, surely?

Offline lookout

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2019, 02:47:PM »

If they deem it as having been relevant, surely?

They're bound to, I'm pretty confident.
 Unless of course their brains are still in 1985 mode too, though I would doubt that being the case.

Offline Harry

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2019, 08:37:AM »
Just did the same search and got 26 pages! You have be (and have ALWAYS had to be) on the main (index) page to do a complete search of the forum. If you do a search from inside a thread, it will only search the thread! It has nothing to do with NGB and more to do with your own knowledge (or lack there of). I am sick of people making stupid paranoid assumptions about how we have somehow manipulated the forum for whatever ends. The forum hasn't changed and if people have an issue in future have the manners and decency to ASK, then you won't end up looking silly!   >:(

OK, I didn't know that about needing to do an internal search from the main page, but you have not given any explanation for the obvious degradation when it comes to google results. This is a major inconvienience to some people and it is something you are fully aware of, since it has been confirmed by other members.

If you are going to pretend there is no difference, or admit that there is, but say that it is outside your control, there is no point in arguing.

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,8845.msg421597.html#msg421597
"Liar - that's the picture I saved and it was saved exactly the way you posted it. If anyone cropped it YOU DID!"

You are in a bad position to be making snarky comments concerning other people's mental health. When you denied cropping David's photograph of Sheila's foot and accused him of lying, I thought you must have flipped, since what he was saying was obviously true and it was equally obvious that you were lying.

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,9904.msg453087.html#msg453087
"Funny how those who believe Bamber to be innocent are willing to believe that Jones lied about everything else, but find it hard to believe that me might just have missed checking this window properly and not come clean. He framed an innocent man but wouldn't ever not admit to the window? Hmmmmm - dubious behaviour!."

Your behaviour just keeps getting worse. You recently pretended to confuse DS Stan Jones with DCI Taff Jones for the purpose of smearing Taff. There is no way that that was an honest mistake
The reason you can get away with this stuff is that Ngb tolerates it and basically lets you do anything you like.

I have asked the opinion of an administrator of another site and she said that any moderator who removed quotes from other people's posts for personal reasons would be sacked immediately.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 05:05:AM by Harry »

Offline Harry

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2019, 08:54:AM »
What on earth are you talking about?

You know what I'm talking about. Tell us that the poor google results are down to the fact that the site has not been registered properly, or deny that that is case and give us another explanation.

David1819 says it would only cost a tenner to sort out the registration problem, so why is nothing being done?

« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 10:03:AM by Harry »

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2019, 11:58:AM »
You know what I'm talking about. Tell us that the poor google results are down to the fact that the site has not been registered properly, or deny that that is case and give us another explanation.

David1819 says it would only cost a tenner to sort out the registration problem, so why is nothing being done?

I have no idea why google search results are poor (if indeed they are).  I will ask Caroline as she is the tech admin for the site.  If there is a problem and an easy fix no doubt it can be dealt with.  I am not sure what you are suggesting might be the ulterior motive of the admin team here.

Offline David1819

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2019, 12:49:PM »
OK, I didn't know that about needing to do an internal search from the main page, but you have not given any explanation for the obvious degradation when it comes to google results. This is a major inconvienience to some people and it is something you are fully aware of, since it has been confirmed by other members.

If you are going to pretend there is no difference, or admit that there is, but say that it is outside your control, there is no point in arguing.

"Liar - that's the picture I saved and it was saved exactly the way you posted it. If anyone cropped it YOU DID!"

You are in a bad position to be making snarky comments concerning other people's mental health. When you denied cropping David's photograph of Sheila's foot and accused him of lying, I thought you must have flipped, since what he was saying was obviously true and it was equally obvious that you were lying.

When confronted with the EXIF data that proved beyond question that she did indeed edit the photo. She admitted to doing it but denied the reasons for why she did. Neither did she apologise for calling me a liar.

For someone that is apparently "tech savy" It was a very foolish thing of her to do. The fact she didn't know her actions would be logged in a files metadata only shows her aptitude in computers does not exceed that of a 1st line helpdesk.

Offline Jane

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2019, 01:11:PM »
When confronted with the EXIF data that proved beyond question that she did indeed edit the photo. She admitted to doing it but denied the reasons for why she did. Neither did she apologise for calling me a liar.

For someone that is apparently "tech savy" It was a very foolish thing of her to do. The fact she didn't know her actions would be logged in a files metadata only shows her aptitude in computers does not exceed that of a 1st line helpdesk.

Not for one moment do I expect you will accept anything I say regarding Caroline's technical abilities -and, indeed qualifications- but I suggest, rather than taking every opportunity to further any agenda you might have, and to mitigate your own sly dealings, to slag her off, you have a word with NGB who knows exactly what her capabilities are.

Offline David1819

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2019, 02:13:PM »

Not for one moment do I expect you will accept anything I say regarding Caroline's technical abilities -and, indeed qualifications- but I suggest, rather than taking every opportunity to further any agenda you might have, and to mitigate your own sly dealings, to slag her off, you have a word with NGB who knows exactly what her capabilities are.

I used to work as an IT coordinator for a medium sized company. Doing 1st,2nd and 3rd line. On the odd occasion I would interview job applicants for IT roles as well as fire people in my department.

I think I can ascertain someone's level of technical Know-how. I don't need to ask NGB. However he is welcome to ask me.

Offline Jane

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2019, 03:20:PM »
I used to work as an IT coordinator for a medium sized company. Doing 1st,2nd and 3rd line. On the odd occasion I would interview job applicants for IT roles as well as fire people in my department.

I think I can ascertain someone's level of technical Know-how. I don't need to ask NGB. However he is welcome to ask me.

I guess "used to work" is relevant? Your ability to "ascertain" THUS far, and most certainly so, in this case, has often been, shall we say, flawed. As it's you who are attempting to cast doubts on Caroline's competency -not the first time you've done this, if I recall?- and NGB has, and HAS had every reason to have complete faith in her abilities and competency, I can't imagine what it might be that you believe "he's welcome to ask".....................unless, of course, you're seeking -not for the first time-  to use underhand means to undermine her in the hope that NGB will ask you to replace her.  From your behaviours, past and current, towards her, you appear to have set yourself up as A) being in contest with her, and B) as being superior to her

Offline Caroline

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2019, 06:07:PM »

I did crop it you bag full of nutty slack - I cropped it to make the point in the post that went with it! Crack pot!
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Caroline

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2019, 06:12:PM »

You're full of shit and live in a dream world David. It's clear that you would like to get your hands on an admin role - one has to wonder why?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 06:15:PM by Caroline »

Offline Caroline

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2019, 06:24:PM »

I was part of a team of seven that took on the role of taking over the WHOLE of the DWP upgrade from dumb terminals to networked PC's using windows. I can also ascertain someone's level of technical Know-how because it was my job! I was also a navigator on a seismic survey vessel - not only installing the high tech equipment on board the ship but using the high tech steer technology to drive the ship over the survey grid! You're a little man with big ideas but most of them are dream't up and and live within the confines of your bedroom - dream on little man!

Offline Caroline

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2019, 06:27:PM »

Tell me again, what was the reason for me editing a photograph of toe nails that were freely available on the forum? Idiot! More paranoid tales from the forum freak!

Offline Caroline

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2019, 06:31:PM »

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,9904.msg453087.html#msg453087
"Funny how those who believe Bamber to be innocent are willing to believe that Jones lied about everything else, but find it hard to believe that me might just have missed checking this window properly and not come clean. He framed an innocent man but wouldn't ever not admit to the window? Hmmmmm - dubious behaviour!."

Your behaviour just keeps getting worse. You recently pretended to confuse DS Stan Jones with DCI Taff Jones for the purpose of smearing Taff. There is no way that that was an honest mistake
The reason you can get away with this stuff is that Nbg tolerates it and basically lets you do anything you like.

I have asked the opinion of an administrator of another site and she said that any moderator who removed quotes from other people's posts for personal reasons would be sacked immediately.

So, because you don't have the ability to use the search facility correctly, you drag up some nonsense from David who had a grudge because i called him out on his so called 'forensic breakthrough'? Really Harry, learn to be more humble and apologise when you have made incorrect accusations that are down to your own ineptitude.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2019, 06:34:PM »
I have no idea why google search results are poor (if indeed they are).  I will ask Caroline as she is the tech admin for the site.  If there is a problem and an easy fix no doubt it can be dealt with.  I am not sure what you are suggesting might be the ulterior motive of the admin team here.

Google has nothing to do with the forum. Some people are just to paranoid and shouldn't use the internet.  ;D ;D