Author Topic: JB petition now has almost ten thousand signatures.  (Read 34378 times)

Offline Caroline

Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Steve_uk

Offline David1819

Re: JB petition now has almost ten thousand signatures.
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2019, 06:49:PM »
ive noticed the search results are not what they used to but I don't think that's deliberate.

making th forum privte would it fall in the search rankings and only people knew correct address would be able to find it.

You can still allow google to index the site. But since the SSL certificate has not been setup properly, we are not doing well in the search rankings regardless.  :(

Offline Harry

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2019, 03:38:AM »
ive noticed the search results are not what they used to but I don't think that's deliberate.

making th forum privte would it fall in the search rankings and only people knew correct address would be able to find it.

The person responsible for this state of affairs is Ngb1066. It's obvious why hindering research on the case would suit a supporter of the relatives, who for obvious reasons would like to block the easy availability of information highlighting their roll in framing Bamber. But why should it suit an administrator of this forum?

« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 05:02:AM by Harry »

Offline Harry

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2019, 04:05:AM »
I have just noticed that the site's own search tool is not working very well either. I just typed in "Robert Boutflour" and was told

"Sorry, no matches were found"

From the standpoint of the relatives and their concerns this is a very favourable state of affairs, though not for some guy writing a book on the case.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 04:09:AM by Harry »

Offline David1819

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2019, 07:55:AM »
I have just noticed that the site's own search tool is not working very well either. I just typed in "Robert Boutflour" and was told

From the standpoint of the relatives and their concerns this is a very favourable state of affairs, though not for some guy writing a book on the case.

I just searched "Robert Boutflour" and got over 700 results  :-\

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2019, 10:40:AM »
The person responsible for this state of affairs is Nbg1066. It's obvious why hindering research on the case would suit a supporter of the relatives, who for obvious reasons would like to block the easy availability of information highlighting their roll in framing Bamber. But why should it suit an administrator of this forum?

What on earth are you talking about?

Offline lookout

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2019, 11:39:AM »
The person responsible for this state of affairs is Nbg1066. It's obvious why hindering research on the case would suit a supporter of the relatives, who for obvious reasons would like to block the easy availability of information highlighting their roll in framing Bamber. But why should it suit an administrator of this forum?

That's not true,Harry.
 I can understand your frustration as I had this same blank reception when I tried to search certain posts pertaining to RWB, though when you just type his name, you'll find the majority of which Mike has posted and a few 2018/19 posts but certainly not the volume that once was.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2019, 01:15:PM »

Just did the same search and got 26 pages! You have be (and have ALWAYS had to be) on the main (index) page to do a complete search of the forum. If you do a search from inside a thread, it will only search the thread! It has nothing to do with NGB and more to do with your own knowledge (or lack there of). I am sick of people making stupid paranoid assumptions about how we have somehow manipulated the forum for whatever ends. The forum hasn't changed and if people have an issue in future have the manners and decency to ASK, then you won't end up looking silly!   >:(

Offline Caroline

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2019, 01:16:PM »

Then again, the problem might be between the end users computer screen and the back of their chair!  ::)

Offline Caroline

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2019, 01:28:PM »

That's not true,Harry.
 I can understand your frustration as I had this same blank reception when I tried to search certain posts pertaining to RWB, though when you just type his name, you'll find the majority of which Mike has posted and a few 2018/19 posts but certainly not the volume that once was.

There are 26 pages of information in respect to RB. Nothing has changed that would hinder a search but you HAVE to be on the index page to capture ALL references. No point searching in a thread unless you  know that there is something specific in that thread you want to find!

Offline Caroline

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2019, 01:31:PM »
To capture ALL references on a subject - search from THIS page http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php and if you want to be even more specific encase your search in quotation marks ...................... "search criteria goes in between here"

Offline lookout

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2019, 02:16:PM »
There might be room for discussion soon when we hear what the CPS has to say re. the reply about the non-disclosure of some key evidence.

Offline Jane

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2019, 02:23:PM »
There might be room for discussion soon when we hear what the CPS has to say re. the reply about the non-disclosure of some key evidence.

I guess it will depend on whether they view it as having been "key".

Offline lookout

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2019, 02:28:PM »

I guess it will depend on whether they view it as having been "key".

If it's not been seen before it will be key.