OTHER HIGH PROFILE CASES > Other high profile cases

RE: Essex boys murders 1995

(1/9) > >>

David1819:
This case is being discussed on red for some reason. Its easy to work out.

Patrick Tate and Tony Tucker were planning or at least threatning to kill Steele (Patricks girlfriend testified this at trial). So Steele engineered a trap to lure them into Rettondon under false pretences then kill them.

Patrick, Tony and Rolfe suddenly liked Steele as he had promised them riches. We know this because Craig Rolfe was so exited about it he couldn't keep his mouth shut and told his girlfriend.

Here is what Craig Rolfe's girlfriend told the police BEFORE Darren Nichols was even thought of by the police.

"I understood that STEELE had been asked by a London based drugs firm to import 30 kilos of Charlie (Cocaine) and I believe that he was going to bring it in by plane from Holland. He had told Pat TATE that he was going to be given fifty thousand pounds as an up front payment to take to Holland and he was going to bring the Charlie back in company with a member of the London firm.

"The idea was that Pat TATE and Tony TUCKER would rob the firm of the Charlie when it arrived over here. STEELE had stated that he wanted to share it between them and had told the firm that he was going to land near to Clacton. Craig told me that STEELE was planning to actually land in South Essex but I never knew exactly where this was likely to be. Craig, Tony and Pat had previously obtained a machine gun from a man called Mad Mick BOWMAN and the details of this are subject of a previous statement."

This is how Steele ended up on the police radar. Not Darren Nichols. Notice how Patricks GF fails to mention Wholmes and Nicholls. Thats because Steele would not mention their involment to Patrick because Wholmes part is to shoot them and Nicholls being the getaway driver. Once they focused on Steele, they then homed in on Nicholls as he worked for Steele's drug business and was the weakest link.

And so, Patrick Tate, Tony Tucker and Craig Rolfe drive to the middle of nowhere (along with the guy they had not so long ago threatened to kill) in the middle of the night to plan/rehurse the robbery of the aircraft. Did Steele tell them it was best to do this at night to familairise themselves for a night time assault on the aircraft or were Tate and Tucker just stupid and too exited about the money?  I will let Craig Rolfe's girlfriend answer that question

"We were going out because they believed they were coming into money and they were going to have a pre-celebration. Craig phoned me at work in the afternoon and told me that Mickey STEELE had contacted Pat TATE and said that he wanted to meet with TATE and TUCKER to go and look at somewhere they could land a light aircraft."

When all is said and done and Nicholls pics up Wholmes and Steele after the shootings. Nicholls overhears two important details said between Wholmes and Steele in the car.

One being that Steele got worried when Patricks girlfriend (Sarah) called him on his mobile when he was in the range rover with Patrick. We know this phone call happened and we know that Steele would be worried since Steele and Patrick both told Sarah they had it in for eachother. Thus if Patick had told Sarah that Steele was with him in the car, she could have raised his suspicions.

The other import thing Nicholls overhears from them is that Patrick "squealed like a baby". This also corroborated by the crime scene. Tony Tuckers body was looking straight ahead with his hands in his lap while Craig Rofle was also looking straight ahead, feet still on the pedal. They had been killed more or less instantly. Patrick on the other hand was found in the corner leaning in a fetal like position with his hands covering his face. Hence he reacted and "squealed like a baby" and who wouldnt in that situation? So Wholmes and Steele revealed things to Nicholls that only the killers would know. Nicholls testimony matches what Craig Rolfe told his GF also.

This is what happened https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv1z844XDgc&feature=youtu.be

Case closed.

David1819:
I have read through Jack Whome's questioning under caution. When asked what he done on the night in question his reply was simply "I have never been to Rettendon". This is a lie, phone records show not only has he been to Rettendon but he was there on the night of the murders.

What is the point of scrutinising the cell tower evidence when its not even Whomes original account? He never took the stand and never testified being at the Wheatsheaf pub in Rettedon. It was an argument the defence concocted to try and explain their clients close proximity to the murders when it took place.

If you look at the map. The SOC and the Wheatsheaf are almost parallel in relation to the Hockley cell tower. If Whomes walked or ran 100 or so feet into the field infront of the SOC to get a better signal he would literally be parallel with the Wheatsheaf. All in a place he claims he as never been!

https://i.ibb.co/ncmWNrL/rodbrmte1.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/JzJppZ5/rodbrmte2.jpg

"DS WILLS: Right okay I accept that Jack and I have listened to what you say (pause). We have got a duty to ask you these questions Jack and this Caution is as much for us as it is for you alright and it says that you do not have to say anything, you don't. It also says that if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in Court it may harm your defence, now if you're not questioned then you don't get the opportunity to either mention it or not to mention it which has implications with both of us, that's why we ask the questions and I accept what you say you say to me I know nothing about I was not involved in these murders. We then ask you were you in Rettendon on the 061295 and I haven't had an answer yet (pause).

Jack WHOMES: I think I've said my piece

DS WILLS: I'm not take I don't take that as an answer to the question that's a saying you think you've said your piece

Jack WHOMES: Well I'm sorry it's best I don't answer

DS WILLS: Okay it's best you don't answer that's what you said (pause) why's that (Pause)

Paul ROACH: I'll remind you of my clients answer. When you said to him have you been to Rettendon he said no.

DS WILLS: I'm sorry is that correct Jack that you hadn't been to Rettendon

Paul ROACH: Been to Rettendon - No and also as far as

DS WILLS: I'm sorry you're answering the question, if you're saying that's what your client said, now I ask him to confirm that

Paul ROACH: No no

DS WILLS: Cause I didn't hear that

Paul ROACH: No he did say: have you been to Rettendon, he answered no

Jack WHOMES: I will clear it for you

Paul ROACH: Please

DS WILLS: I have to ask the question again cause it's getting confusing. Have you ever or were you in 061295 did you go to Rettendon at all

Jack WHOMES: I have never been to Rettendon

DS WILLS: Right "

And so, the victims told people they were going to rettendon with Mickey Steele that night. They were all found dead par Mickey Steele. When Steele and his close associates were first questioned on the matter.

Steele: "No commnet"
Nicholls: "No comment"
Whomes: "I have never been to Rettendon"

How can anyone believe the above three are innocent?

nugnug:
why dont you going on the red forum and discuss it there.

David1819:

--- Quote ---At what stage during police interviews was it put to Nicholls/Steele/Whomes they were in the frame for murder?  No one is suggesting they were law abiding citizens.  They most definitely were not having all served custodial sentences for previous crimes.  At the time of the murders they were all part of gang involved in organised crime namely the importation and distribution of cannabis.  They were known to visit the area to complete drug deals with the murdered trio.  If on the night of the murders they were in the area to complete drug deals with the murdered trio and/or others they were unlikely to fess up as to why they were in the area.  Being in the area does not necessarily equate to their involvement with the murders.  Indeed the mobile phone cell data would seem to exonerate them:
--- End quote ---

Whomes denied having ever been in Rettendon when he was asked if he murdered Tate,Tucker and Rolfe.

The mobile evidence does not exonerate them at all. 

The expert concluded

"2.2.   Cell site analysis is not an exact process. However, although I could not disprove the Prosecution's view of events, the call detail records for Jack Whomes' 'phone and for Michael Steel's 'phone were, in my opinion more consistent with the explanations put forward by the Defendants than with the claims made by the Prosecution.
"
The explanations put forward by the defendants are Steele saying "No comment" and Whomes saying "I have never been to Rettendon". Clearly the expert is under the impression that the defence theory is actually Whomes explanation for his wearabouts that night. It is not.

He goes on to say

"2.3.   I was aware that it might be argued in Court that the measurements I had carried out, and the conclusions I had drawn had certain weaknesses.

2.3.1.   The Vodafone service might have changed between the time of the murder and my tests, to the extent that my tests were invalid."

--- Quote ---However what is missing is mobile cell phone data for Tate's call he received from Sarah Saunders at 18.44 placing his mobile in the vicinity of Rettendon along with cell data from all other calls made/received by murdered trio along with Nicholls/Steele/Whomes.  Why did the police investigation and prosecution centre around 3 calls only of which we only have half the data for 1 of these calls ie where was Tate's mobile at 18.44?
--- End quote ---

Why have you made this assumption? Its totally false. The call from Sarah Sanders to Pat Tate at 18:44 came through the Wickford cell tower. The Wickford cell tower is even closer to the scene of crime than the Hockley cell tower.

Here is the relevant part of judges summing up

"The variable factors include a particular position in the car and driving itself increases multiple reflections. Movements may mean you encounter obstructions." Going back to 73, 74, you do not need to, he said the call to Tate at 18.44.03 came through cell site 1404, which was the Wickford cell site.
"

And so, Tate was on the phone in Rettendon at 18.44 til 18:48. Then Whomes was in Rettendon at 18:59 making a four second phone call to Darren Nicolls. That four second call was most probably "come and pick us up". Tate, Tucker and Rolfe never answered their phones again afterwards.  Nicolls knew Sarah had phoned Patrick because he overheard Steele telling Jack about it.

David1819:

--- Quote ---There's no evidence Tate was in Rettendon at 18.44 when he received the call from Sarah Saunders.  All that can be said is that he received a mobile tel call at 18.44 via the Wickford cell site.
--- End quote ---

::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version