Author Topic: GH inadvertently contaminated baffle plates further down the silencer.  (Read 252 times)

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
In September, besides the blood flake found between baffles 1 and 2. Hayward and Fletcher detect blood on the baffle plates going down 1/4 of an inch into the sound moderator.

Q. Let us confine ourselves to the inside, as you did count to the fifth baffle, of which you are certain the blood went down to. It went as far as the fifth baffle did it not?
A. Yes sir.
Q. Which we are told is about 1/4".
A. Something of that order yes.

However what did Glynis Howard do the month prior to this?

Q: Thank you. Now may I please ask you about the blood you found or saw inside the sound moderator?
A: Yes.
Q: You obviously had to remove it by some means didn't you?
A: Yes I did.
Q: Could you describe the means you used?
A: Yes, with the aid of a low-powered microscope and lenghts of sterile white cotton thread moistened with distilled water, I inserted with fine forceps the damp threads into the bore of the sound moderator. And soaked up the blood that was in there. I allowed the threads to dry before doing further tests.
Q: May I ask you how far into the sound moderator did you go with your threads? How far do you believe?
A: I took some blood which I could actually see. Just on that inner surface approximately 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch. I didn't measure it at the time.

So, she uses a wet cotton thread on some forceps to soak up blood she could see inside the bore of the silencer. This goes 1/8 to 1/4 of inside the silencer and thus touching the baffle plates. Is there any wonder why Hayward gets KM positive results on the baffle plates going 1/4 of an inch into the sound moderator a month later?

She inadvertently made the silencer look a whole lot more convincing by poking soaked up blood around further down the baffle plates!

« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 01:27:AM by David1819 »
"A theory without facts is fantasy"

Offline Hartley.

• Veteran Member
In September, besides the blood flake found between baffles 1 and 2. Hayward and Fletcher detect blood on the baffle plates going down 1/4 of an inch into the sound moderator.

Q. Let us confine ourselves to the inside, as you did count to the fifth baffle, of which you are certain the blood went down to. It went as far as the fifth baffle did it not?
A. Yes sir.
Q. Which we are told is about 1/4".
A. Something of that order yes.

However what did Glynis Howard do the month prior to this?

Q: Thank you. Now may I please ask you about the blood you found or saw inside the sound moderator?
A: Yes.
Q: You obviously had to remove it by some means didn't you?
A: Yes I did.
Q: Could you describe the means you used?
A: Yes, with the aid of a low-powered microscope and lenghts of sterile white cotton thread moistened with distilled water, I inserted with fine forceps the damp threads into the bore of the sound moderator. And soaked up the blood that was in there. I allowed the threads to dry before doing further tests.
Q: May I ask you how far into the sound moderator did you go with your threads? How far do you believe?
A: I took some blood which I could actually see. Just on that inner surface approximately 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch. I didn't measure it at the time.

So, she uses a wet cotton thread on some forceps to soak up blood she could see inside the bore of the silencer. This goes 1/8 to 1/4 of inside the silencer and thus touching the baffle plates. Is there any wonder why Hayward gets KM positive results on the baffle plates going 1/4 of an inch into the sound moderator a month later?

She inadvertently made the silencer look a whole lot more convincing by poking soaked up blood around further down the baffle plates!

Something sounds off here.

1/4" is about 6.4mm. 1/8" is 3.2mm.

How would that reach the 4th or 5th baffle?

Offline Hartley.

• Veteran Member
Something sounds off here.

1/4" is about 6.4mm. 1/8" is 3.2mm.

How would that reach the 4th or 5th baffle?

Offline Hartley.

• Veteran Member
Fletcher says the 4th and 5th baffle are a couple of inches down.

I don't think the claim in the opening post is accurate.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 12:48:PM by Hartley. »