Author Topic: The Soiled underwear belonging to Sheila - catalyst for foul play!  (Read 25913 times)

Offline David1819

Re: The Soiled underwear belonging to Sheila - catalyst for foul play!
« Reply #120 on: August 02, 2019, 10:07:PM »

Even identical twins don't have the same profiles in either bloods or DNA. Something's not right is it ?

That may be the case with modern forensic and medical testing.

But back then a large fraction of the world population would have the same blood results as what was found in the silencer.

Offline lookout

« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2019, 10:26:PM »
Neither of Sheila's children had the gene, which is more prevalent in males and chances are it could have passed to one of them.  Because the blood profiling was as it was it doesn't mean to say it was Sheila's, we were only told that.

I remember it being said that all ? the Boutflour family had this gene. That being the case then possibly just the male members, but what are the chances of a complete stranger within the family also having this same gene ?

Offline lookout

« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2019, 10:29:PM »
That may be the case with modern forensic and medical testing.

But back then a large fraction of the world population would have the same blood results as what was found in the silencer.

Not with the AK1 profile.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #123 on: August 02, 2019, 10:48:PM »

Even identical twins don't have the same profiles in either bloods or DNA. Something's not right is it ?

Yes they do, they are from the same fertilized egg .......... (Edit) or at least initially. However, it seems subtle difference in DNA emerge throughout life. Same blood group though.

This is quite interesting;

https://www.biotechniques.com/omics/not-so-identical-twins/
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 11:32:PM by Caroline »
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline lookout

« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2019, 10:20:AM »
Yes they do, they are from the same fertilized egg .......... (Edit) or at least initially. However, it seems subtle difference in DNA emerge throughout life. Same blood group though.

This is quite interesting;

https://www.biotechniques.com/omics/not-so-identical-twins/

Neither of the twin boys had inherited the gene which I find a bit odd, though they both had the same blood grouping as each other which was obviously their father's. 

Offline David1819

« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2019, 05:26:PM »

Not with the AK1 profile.

AK1 = AK1  nothing more

PS: This is going a bit off topic

Offline lookout

« Reply #126 on: August 03, 2019, 05:40:PM »
There's only so much that you can discuss concerning soiled underwear  :-\

Offline David1819

« Reply #127 on: August 03, 2019, 05:48:PM »
There's only so much that you can discuss concerning soiled underwear  :-\

Not in this case. obviously.

Offline lookout

« Reply #128 on: August 03, 2019, 06:06:PM »
Not in this case. obviously.

Is it relevant though David ?

Offline David1819

« Reply #129 on: August 03, 2019, 06:26:PM »

Is it relevant though David ?

Very much so

Offline lookout

« Reply #130 on: August 03, 2019, 07:00:PM »
Very much so

I asked the question because there are so many other factors to the way the case was handled and wasn't sure if this particular subject was as pressing as others.

Offline David1819

« Reply #131 on: August 03, 2019, 07:26:PM »

I asked the question because there are so many other factors to the way the case was handled and wasn't sure if this particular subject was as pressing as others.

In case you did not know. Quite a few people here suspect the soiled underwear is the source of the blood flake found in the silencer.

Offline lookout

« Reply #132 on: August 04, 2019, 09:15:AM »
In case you did not know. Quite a few people here suspect the soiled underwear is the source of the blood flake found in the silencer.

I'm not sure about that at all.
 What I'd like to know about the silencer is, do they state anywhere on the silencer the number of baffles they contain ?

Offline Jane

« Reply #133 on: August 04, 2019, 10:02:AM »
I'm struggling to understand how "quite a few people" thought/still think? such blood could be extricated from previously soaked garments, regardless of what the garments were. Eg, quite naturally, the garment, already having shed some blood content from having been soaked in water which may very possibly have had some sort of detergent added to it, would have needed to be dried prior to the removal of the 'material', after which the likelihood of collecting "a flake" becomes seriously diminished. Then there is the fact that dried blood oxidises very quickly and bears no resemblance to the "blob of jam" it was claimed to. Short of a family member having a Phd in science or being able to persuade a friendly scientist to do a bit of 'overtime' in a conveniently placed laboratory, I fail to see, without going into realms of the fantastic, how occurred anything like it. 

Offline David1819

« Reply #134 on: August 04, 2019, 11:31:AM »
I'm struggling to understand how "quite a few people" thought/still think? such blood could be extricated from previously soaked garments, regardless of what the garments were. Eg, quite naturally, the garment, already having shed some blood content from having been soaked in water which may very possibly have had some sort of detergent added to it, would have needed to be dried prior to the removal of the 'material', after which the likelihood of collecting "a flake" becomes seriously diminished. Then there is the fact that dried blood oxidises very quickly and bears no resemblance to the "blob of jam" it was claimed to. Short of a family member having a Phd in science or being able to persuade a friendly scientist to do a bit of 'overtime' in a conveniently placed laboratory, I fail to see, without going into realms of the fantastic, how occurred anything like it.

Menstrual blood is known to contain flakes of clotted blood among other bits that will form flakes once dry.

To say you need a scientist with a PHD is nonsense.

What do you believe to be the source of the blood?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 11:34:AM by David1819 »