Author Topic: Document Hunt - here I will post new documents I lay my hands upon..  (Read 7128 times)

Offline Caroline

Re: Document Hunt - here I will post new documents I lay my hands upon..
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2019, 06:47:PM »
Talking of inconveniences, RWB sought legal advice on the inheritance if JB was convicted and was told if no order of death could be ascertained, the twins would be assumed to have died last and Colin would be the sole beneficiary of the Bamber estate. This he put in statement.

Why did he not just mention this in response to that jury question about his motive to lie instead of all that rambling? It would have been the most convincing and straight forward answer he could have given. That being he is not expecting the money in the first place.  :-\

Maybe because Colin was in the court room and he didnt want him to hear or know about this.

OR

He didn't want Jeremy's defence hearing that and risk them working out the connection to Julie's statement.

Which statement is being referred to?
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Caroline

Re: Document Hunt - here I will post new documents I lay my hands upon..
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2019, 05:51:PM »
Point taken but possibly semantics. 

They were largely ignorant of the facts pertaining to Sheila's illness and were therefore not afforded a sufficiently informed awareness, regarding the risks or potential consequences.  I think this limited understanding greatly inhibited the scope of their thinking, which was already biased anyway.   

I would say that 'outside the box' in this case, would require (a) some understanding or recognition that mothers could commit such crimes and (b) an informed understanding of how seriously ill Sheila herself was (including historic incidents relevant to her illness - for example her paranoid and quasi-religious ranting and raving). 

I honestly don't believe that the relatives were open to exploring such avenues, which would in any event have presented an inconvenience to them.  They had painted themselves in to a corner and did not want to consider inconveniences.

I believe a lot of people here are ignorant of the facts about schizophrenia - people suffering from mental illness are more likely to become the victim of crime than the perpetrator - this case is no different. The relatives may not have known much about Sheila's illness, but Jeremy did and made good use of it.

Historical incidents did not include violence merely her own 'fears. On top of this, she was taking her medication - she had no choice because it was injected and the dose left in her systems at death was still considered to be a moderate - not low dosage!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 11:38:AM by Caroline »
Few people have the imagination for reality