Author Topic: Typed Letter, given to ACC Simpson by Robert Boutflour (+actions)..  (Read 284 times)

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
This is a true copy of the letter which Robert Boutflour sent to ACC Peter Simpson, resulting in Essex police starting a fresh investigation into the shootings, as indicated by all the actions arising out of this note:1
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 12:32:PM by mike tesko »
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive"...

Offline Steve_uk

Re: Typed Letter, given to ACC Simpson by Robert Boutflour (+actions)..
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 07:28:PM »
"Ann remembered that there had been splashes of blood-stained water on the window sill, there was still a smudge on the glass immediately below the sash in question and the cross piece of the frame had dried dirty drip marks as left by a hasty attempt at climbing down.."

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 08:01:PM »
"Ann remembered that there had been splashes of blood-stained water on the window sill, there was still a smudge on the glass immediately below the sash in question and the cross piece of the frame had dried dirty drip marks as left by a hasty attempt at climbing down.."

Firstly Ann did not think Jeremy exited via a sash window. She made up her mind it was the kitchen window. Furthermore there no record (to my knowledge) of Ann telling the authorities of remembering blood marks showing someone climbing down the sash window. Neither is this in her notes. Nor her testimony either. So why did she tell her father this? The only reason I can think of is to reinforce the idea of Jeremy being guily into her fathers mind.

"A theory without facts is fantasy"

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 08:27:PM »

Firstly Ann did not think Jeremy exited via a sash window. She made up her mind it was the kitchen window. Furthermore there no record (to my knowledge) of Ann telling the authorities of remembering blood marks showing someone climbing down the sash window. Neither is this in her notes. Nor her testimony either. So why did she tell her father this? The only reason I can think of is to reinforce the idea of Jeremy being guily into her fathers mind.
I don't think the father needed any prompting from Ann. His notes make perfect sense to me, alas. I thought one of the sash windows could be banged to leaving the impression it had been undisturbed. Wasn't this corroborated by DC Barlow sometime later?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 10:29:PM »
I don't think the father needed any prompting from Ann. His notes make perfect sense to me, alas. I thought one of the sash windows could be banged to leaving the impression it had been undisturbed. Wasn't this corroborated by DC Barlow sometime later?

I believe he left via the shower room window which is a sash. In his own words  ‘With sash windows you can flick the catch with any thin metal object and open the window, but you can’t close them from the outside.’ However, Sergeant Stephen Golding found that the sash window in the shower room was closed but the catch was open. There was no reason for anyone to have opened the catch during the search of WHF so it was clearly missed earlier in the day.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 10:32:PM »
I believe he left via the shower room window which is a sash. In his own words  ‘With sash windows you can flick the catch with any thin metal object and open the window, but you can’t close them from the outside.’ However, Sergeant Stephen Golding found that the sash window in the shower room was closed but the catch was open. There was no reason for anyone to have opened the catch during the search of WHF so it was clearly missed earlier in the day.
Did we ever get any photos of the shower room?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 10:46:PM »
Did we ever get any photos of the shower room?

No, just the outside window.

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 04:30:PM »
I have just skimmed through Barlow's notes again. Few things I have noticed

He goes into alot of detail of what was said between him and Robert Boutflour and on what date. Such as Windows, Bikes, Silencers and tampons, Brett looking like a poof ect ect. Yet I cannot find it mentioned anywhere of Jeremy telling RWB he could easily kill the family. Had such conversation taken place between JB and RWB, one would have thought RWB would have put this on the agenda with Barlow. Its certainly more important than Brett Collins appearence.

RWB also told Barlow that Nevill would never have let Jeremy shoot rabbits. This is a lie, rabbits are an invasive species to farmlands, they eat the crops and breed very quickly. Moreover Nevill bought Jeremy a gun designed to kill rabbits.
"A theory without facts is fantasy"

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2019, 08:25:PM »

He goes into alot of detail of what was said between him and Robert Boutflour and on what date. Such as Windows, Bikes, Silencers and tampons, Brett looking like a poof ect ect. Yet I cannot find it mentioned anywhere of Jeremy telling RWB he could easily kill the family. Had such conversation taken place between JB and RWB, one would have thought RWB would have put this on the agenda with Barlow. Its certainly more important than Brett Collins appearence.

RWB also told Barlow that Nevill would never have let Jeremy shoot rabbits. This is a lie, rabbits are an invasive species to farmlands, they eat the crops and breed very quickly. Moreover Nevill bought Jeremy a gun designed to kill rabbits.
Hi David I have often thought there is no proof that Jeremy ever said he could easily kill his family anymore than other quotes which are continually quoted as proof of his guilt.  Anyone living in a country area is aware of how rumour spreads and is repeated as fact like Chinese whispets.  These so called often quoted phrases prove nothing imo.

Offline Jane

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2019, 09:06:PM »
Hi David I have often thought there is no proof that Jeremy ever said he could easily kill his family anymore than other quotes which are continually quoted as proof of his guilt.  Anyone living in a country area is aware of how rumour spreads and is repeated as fact like Chinese whispets.  These so called often quoted phrases prove nothing imo.

However, it's also true that in small communities there are often divisions in opinions  -microcosms of the stay/remain vote- but in this case the community seems remarkably unified. I know ONE person who is doubtful of his guilt and OF one other. I also find it strange that, other than his 'official' supporters who only seem to have made his acquaintance post murders, not one person from his childhood/school/teenage years seems to have come out in his support.

I'm not sure what sort of proof it is that would convince you, OTHER than someone witnessing him committing the crime -and even then some might say it was only their word against his- of his guilt. Certainly none of the -very much less than flattering- character assessments make him a murderer, but the balance of probabilities means it's far more likely, than not, that he is.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2019, 09:31:PM »

I don't believe that anyone has ever suggested that such a quote was proof of guilt. The conversation with RWB wasn't Chinese whispers, he mentions it clearly in his statement - no need for him to repeat it, it was already on record. However, this is similar to his conversation with Charles Marsden about WHF burning down and conversation which (at the time) he denied ever happened and called Marsden a liar. He must have forgotten all about this denial because now he says it did happen - but AFTER the murders.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2019, 11:02:AM »

It's on the third sheet.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 11:04:AM by Steve_uk »

Offline Jane

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2019, 11:23:AM »
It's on the third sheet.

AND it's underlined!! How could it have been missed?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2019, 01:03:PM »
It's on the third sheet.

That's RWB's notes Steve.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2019, 01:38:PM »
That's RWB's notes Steve.
Well I'm just looking at what's been reproduced on this thread and the moniker it's been given.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 01:39:PM by Steve_uk »