Author Topic: JAMES BELL - there are some who believe that he was responsible for whf tragedy  (Read 2871 times)

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
So either the two sighting which we are dealing with at the moment, were (a) of the same person at different stages of the proceedings, or (b) it was two different persons!

Were these two people, the two people of interest whom Neville Bamber had spoken to his farm secretary about, when he told her words to the effect, 'its the shooting season soon, we had better keep our eyes open for those two'?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 02:29:PM by mike tesko »
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive"...

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
I can think of no such accomplice had Freddie Emani had been the scruffy looking hunched up man that had been seen walking away from the tragedy about an hour (04.48am) after the police first arrived at the scene (03.48am)?

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
I can think of no such accomplice had Freddie Emani had been the scruffy looking hunched up man that had been seen walking away from the tragedy about an hour (04.48am) after the police first arrived at the scene (03.48am)?

Not only this, but I don't think that Freddie Emani had anything to do with the Diane Jones murder, or that he had an accomplice to help him carry out that murder, whereas, I think there is a slight possibility, that James Bell could have had an accomplice in the Diane Jones Murder, I have a named person in mind but at the moment I know very little about this person, only that he lived in Church Street, Maldon, Essex...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 03:31:PM by mike tesko »

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
Not only this, but I don't think that Freddie Emani had anything to do with the Diane Jones murder, or that he had an accomplice to help him carry out that murder, whereas, I think there is a slight possibility, that James Bell could have had an accomplice in the Diane Jones Murder, I have a named person in mind but at the moment I know very little about this person, only that he lived in Church Street, Maldon, Essex...

The fact that this person lived in the same village as Jeremy, infact he lived a mere stones throw away from Jeremy's cottage at 9 Head Street, Goldhanger, sounds the alarm bells, particularly since the named person that I have in mind was once arrested in connection with the Diane Jones Murder, but was released through a lack of evidence, or whatever...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 03:32:PM by mike tesko »

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
The fact that this person lived in the same village as Jeremy, infact he lived a mere stones throw away from Jeremy's cottage at 9 Head Street, Goldhanger, sounds the alarm bells, particularly since the named person that I have in mind was once arrested in connection with the Diane Jones Murder, but was released through a lack of evidence, or whatever...

Paul Barnes, that's the name of the chap, I think he used to live with Diane Jones in Coggleshall, or at least within a stone throw of James Bell - I am sure that they knew eachother very well. I think that when Diane Jones left Paul Barnes to go and live with Dr Jones, that it left a bad taste in the mouth. I think that it's possible that James Bell murdered Diane Jones, either motivated by himself, or acting on behalf of Barnes...

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
it sort of falls down on the phonecall to jeremy how could jimmy bell have done that and why would he want to

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
it sort of falls down on the phonecall to jeremy how could jimmy bell have done that and why would he want to

Jeremy received the call, there is no doubt about that, nobody can be certain that the person who made that call, was in fact Neville Bamber at all. The person purporting to be Neville Bamber on that occasion, only spoke a few words, in a hurried tone, ' 'SHEILA HAS GOT THE GUN, SHE HAS GONE CRAZY,  COME QUICKLY'  (11 words), a call received in the middle of the night, being accepted whilst the recipient was half asleep..

Person making the call could easily have been James Bell, the scruffy looking hunched man seen walking away from the tragedy!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 06:29:PM by mike tesko »

Offline Adam

Obviously Nevill fought a man in the kitchen. It seems it may have been Jamie Bell.

Surprised Nevill rang Jeremy when realising there was a stranger inside WHF with his rifle.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 07:59:PM by Adam »
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
Obviously Nevill fought a man in the kitchen. It seems it may have been Jamie Bell. the confrontation in the kitchen, between Neville Bamber and his killer, must have happenned, or occurred after the call which Jeremy did recieve, so had no bearing on the phone call from the scene to Jeremy!

Surprised Nevill rang Jeremy (we don't know it was actually Neville Bamber who made the call to Jeremy)...when realising there was a stranger inside WHF with his rifle. ( if the caller was someone else, other than Neville Bamber, let's say for arguments sake, the caller was in fact James Bell, then of course, Neville Bamber didn't, and hadn't telephoned Jeremy, 'James Bell had, and did'..
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 08:57:PM by mike tesko »

Offline Adam

I never thought that Jamie Bell may have rang Jeremy. That would explain Jeremy being woken up by the phone ringing.

Offline IndigoJ

you'd recognise your own father's voice even if it was in the middle of the night being woken from sleep ,I do not buy this guy phoning Jeremy and how would he get his phone number?

Offline Adam

Well Jeremy said himself he had been woken from sleeping 'like a log'. When told Sheila could not have shot herself a second time, he said Nevill may have said 'She', rather than 'Sheila'.

Mike has suggested 'she' could have been Sheila's biological mother. Sherlock has suggested it was AE.

If a half asleep Jeremy can get 'she' & 'Sheila' mixed up, he may have got Nevill & Jamie Bell mixed up. The call did only last around 3 seconds.

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
Jeremy received the call, there is no doubt about that, nobody can be certain that the person who made that call, was in fact Neville Bamber at all. The person purporting to be Neville Bamber on that occasion, only spoke a few words, in a hurried tone, ' 'SHEILA HAS GOT THE GUN, SHE HAS GONE CRAZY,  COME QUICKLY'  (11 words), a call received in the middle of the night, being accepted whilst the recipient was half asleep..

Person making the call could easily have been James Bell, the scruffy looking hunched man seen walking away from the tragedy!

yes i supose it could be done but how does jimy bell know jeremys number and what would be his motive for phoning him.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 11:58:AM by nugnug »

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
you'd recognise your own father's voice even if it was in the middle of the night being woken from sleep ,I do not buy this guy phoning Jeremy and how would he get his phone number?

Neville could have made the call himself, since there was undoubtedly such a call made to Jeremy from the scene to his cottage that morning at around 03.25am - 'HE HAS GOT THE GUN, HE GAS GONE CRAZY, COME QUICKLY' may have been the words spoken, which Jeremy mistook for his father having said, ' Sheila has got the gun, she has gone crazy, come quickly'. I raised this possibility with Jeremy back in 1990 after reading his police interviews, in particular that part where Jeremy told the police that his father could have used the term 'She Has', rather than 'Sheila' - 'HE Has', SHEILA'S, and 'SHE HAS' are all terms which when spoken hurriedly sound phonetically the same. Having said all of this, it should be noted, that when Neville himself phoned the police at 3.26am, he told them 'Daughter gone Berserk' and that 'My daughter has got hold of one of my guns', etc, etc, etc..

With this in mind, one assumes that when Neville made the call to Jeremy, he named Sheila as the person who had got the gun, and who was going crazy! However, he does not say in which way she was going crazy, or against who, if anyone at all by that stage. For all anybody knows James Bell might have paid an early morning visit to white house farm to confront Neville Bamber and his family and at that time Sheila had taken possession of the gun and was threatening to use it, or had already discharged it - we don't even know which gun Neville was alleging that Sheila had got possession of by that stage? But, what we do know is that just as the occupants of CA07 arrived at the scene, that PC Myall saw an unidentified male at 03.45am at the farmhouse, an unidentified male who became the focus of an enquiry in September 1985. We also know that a scruffy looking hunched up man was seen walking away from the farmhouse about an hour after the police arrived there, a man who was never formerly identified - police brought Freddie Emani up to Essex to interview him under caution, and ending up with him making a witness statement! It would be very interesting to see a transcript of his police interview to see whether or not it was ever put to him that he could have been the man seen by PC Myall leaving the scene at 03.45am, or that he was the scruffy looking hunched up man who had been seen walking away from the scene about an hour after police had first arrived there at the farmhouse?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 10:44:AM by mike tesko »

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
It is a proven fact we often see what we expect to see and hear what we expect to hear.  If someone identified himself as Nevill and sounded like Nevill calling from Nevill's phone in the middle of the night it is likely the only thought would be about the message and how to react to it.  It would be unlikely that you'd be questioning if it was actually Nevill in those circumstances?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 09:40:AM by maggie »