Author Topic: Forum Access  (Read 1656 times)

Offline Caroline

Forum Access
« on: November 07, 2018, 03:23:AM »
Hi All,

Is anyone else experiencing problems access the the forum intermittently? Usually I would simply blame my laptop (which is even more temperamental than me!), however, it's also happening on my phone while using 4G (so not even going through the router).

Cheers!
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Steve_uk

Re: Forum Access
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 05:03:PM »
It's been okay for me recently.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 09:11:PM »
It's been okay for me recently.

Thanks Steve.

Offline gringo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 08:39:PM »
Hi All,

Is anyone else experiencing problems access the the forum intermittently? Usually I would simply blame my laptop (which is even more temperamental than me!), however, it's also happening on my phone while using 4G (so not even going through the router).

Cheers!
  Hi Caroline, something about backserver has been coming up intermittently when clicking onto some pages and redirecting over the last couple of days. Is this anything to do with it?

Offline gringo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 08:48:PM »
   Just got it again and the exact message was "Backend webserver unreachable". This has never happened previous to the last few days. It redirects you after a countdown.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 12:04:AM »
  Hi Caroline, something about backserver has been coming up intermittently when clicking onto some pages and redirecting over the last couple of days. Is this anything to do with it?

Hi Sorry, have just seen this - it's happening to me too. This is something new. I will see if we can get it sorted out. The company that owns the forum is moving to the US but they said there would be no disruption. Mind you, I have heard that before and there was a disruption.  :-\

Leave it with me.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2018, 03:48:PM »
I've reported the error so SHOULD get an answer shortly (fingers crossed!).

Offline gringo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2018, 05:23:PM »
Hi Sorry, have just seen this - it's happening to me too. This is something new. I will see if we can get it sorted out. The company that owns the forum is moving to the US but they said there would be no disruption. Mind you, I have heard that before and there was a disruption.  :-\

Leave it with me.
    Glad to leave it with you, and it is best for everyone else too, given that my IT skills amount  turning it off and turning it on again. If that doesn't work then call my mate Pete.
    Joking aside, thanks for the work you put in to keep the forum running, it is appreciated if rarely expressed. :)

Offline Caroline

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2018, 10:35:PM »
    Glad to leave it with you, and it is best for everyone else too, given that my IT skills amount  turning it off and turning it on again. If that doesn't work then call my mate Pete.
    Joking aside, thanks for the work you put in to keep the forum running, it is appreciated if rarely expressed. :)

Thanks Gringo  :)