Author Topic: Neville Bamber - he never slept in his bed during night he was shot and killed!  (Read 10006 times)

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
The bed in the main bedroom only appears to show that June Bamber had been laying in bed, possibly sleeping when her attacker shot at her, and eventually killed her! No such evidence exists to remotely suggest that Neville Bamber had been in bed with June at the time she was attacked..

Neville Bamber was almost certainly not even present inside the farmhouse, or failing that he was elsewhere in the living room, or the upstairs office dozing after a hard day's graft on the farm, which were known to be favoured by him rather than go to bed and risk disturbing his wife June in bed..
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive"...

Offline Steve_uk

The bed in the main bedroom only appears to show that June Bamber had been laying in bed, possibly sleeping when her attacker shot at her, and eventually killed her! No such evidence exists to remotely suggest that Neville Bamber had been in bed with June at the time she was attacked..

Neville Bamber was almost certainly not even present inside the farmhouse, or failing that he was elsewhere in the living room, or the upstairs office dozing after a hard day's graft on the farm, which were known to be favoured by him rather than go to bed and risk disturbing his wife June in bed..
I wonder if Nevill had a shower in the downstairs shower room and whether the towel found in the kitchen could have been one he used to dry himself? It might help if we had photographs of the lounge.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 07:19:PM by Steve_uk »

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
I wonder if Nevill had a shower in the downstairs shower room and whether the towel found in the kitchen could have been one he used to dry himself? It might help if we had photographs of the lounge.

It would help of course if we had photographs of other rooms in the farmhouse, including as you say the lounge, such as the upstairs office where the other digital telephone was plugged in, the upstairs bathroom, the children's bedroom, the downstairs toilet where Anthony Pargeter kept his collection of guns, including his .22 bolt action rifle, and a variety of ammunition, the spiral staircase in the corner of the kitchen giving a clear view of the latched door at the top landing, the main entrance hallway and the front stairs, the back staircase, the storeroom which police had to break open because it was locked on the inside with the key still in its lock, and there being a lift cover in the ceiling of that storeroom through which whoever had locked the storeroom door from the inside, must have climbed through and replaced the lift cover before exiting into the roof via a skylark window, and dropped to the ground, thus completing their escape or exit..

The towel used in the kitchen to help control the spread of Neville Bambers blood on the kitchen floor could have been used by both Neville and Sheila at different times during the early hours of the morning, or used just by Neville alone. The fact that his cotton trousers were also used in this containment of his blood exercise, perhaps this gives a proper invite into the whereabouts of Neville until shortly after 3am...

For me, the other three victims (June, Daniel and Nicholas) we're already dead before Neville Bamber returned to the farmhouse from going to the fields with his tractor to collect the last trailor load of rape seed of tgecdays work! Whoever shot and killed Neville Bamber downstairs in the kitchen, only had him to deal with, the can"t have been any other distraction concerning any of the others being alive..

I can't believe that the shooter went into the main bedroom expecting to be able to kill off two adult victims with one magazine load of .22 bullets, and the shooter firing the vast majority of bullets at June Bamber (7), without Neville (if he had been present) placing himself in the firing line to try and protect his wife! I mean, we know that June had 5 non fatal wounds, and that the other two bullets were fatal shots, but it appears that in between the non fatal shots and the fatal shots, that June wandered around the bed, and then somehow (eventually) ended up by the bedroom door in the vicinity of the top landing and main stairs! I just don't see Neville Bamber running off from the bedroom whilst June is being shot at, this doesn't make any sense..

Offline David1819

I can't believe that the shooter went into the main bedroom expecting to be able to kill off two adult victims with one magazine load of .22 bullets, and the shooter firing the vast majority of bullets at June Bamber (7), without Neville (if he had been present) placing himself in the firing line to try and protect his wife! I mean, we know that June had 5 non fatal wounds, and that the other two bullets were fatal shots, but it appears that in between the non fatal shots and the fatal shots, that June wandered around the bed, and then somehow (eventually) ended up by the bedroom door in the vicinity of the top landing and main stairs! I just don't see Neville Bamber running off from the bedroom whilst June is being shot at, this doesn't make any sense..

I believe the events transpired as follows.

1: Nevill calls Jeremy for help from the downstairs kitchen.
2: Sheila enters the main bedroom and begins fireing the five non fatal shots at June Bamber.
3: Nevill abruptly ends the conversation on the phone and runs upstairs.
4: After fireing five shots into June. Sheila realises Nevile is on his way up.
5: Sheila then pivots herself to aim the gun towards the stairs.
6: June then gets out of bed to try and escape into the box room.
7: Sheila then fires the last four shots in the magazine at Nevill.
8: Nevill now injured retreats back to the kitchen and Sheila goes after him.
9: June is now on the other end of the bedroom a few feet from the box room.
10: With Sheila's attention turned to Nevill. June decides to go after her to try and help Nevill.
11: June collapses in shock and dies when she gets to the hallway door.

IIRC Jeremy states he left the magazine "Almost full" This tallies up with the nine shots described above.
All nine shots have effectively neutralized both adults and there is now nothing to stop Sheila from reloading, inflicting more overkill shots and of course shooting the twins.

The above senario fits all the physical evidence thus gives me yet another reason (among many others) for why I dont believe Nevile called the police. There is simply no realistic way to have Nevill making two urgent calls 10 minutes apart.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 12:33:AM by David1819 »

Offline Caroline

2: Sheila enters the main bedroom and begins fireing the five non fatal shots at June Bamber.
10: With Sheila's attention turned to Nevill. June decides to go after her to try and help Nevill.

IIRC Jeremy states he left the magazine "Almost full" This tallies up with the nine shots described above.
All nine shots have effectively neutralized both adults and there is now nothing to stop Sheila from reloading, inflicting more overkill shots and of course shooting the twins.

The above senario fits all the physical evidence thus gives me yet another reason (among many others) for why I dont believe Nevile called the police. There is simply no realistic way to have Nevill making two urgent calls 10 minutes apart.

So Nevill hears the commotion from downstairs and yet the twins don't even wake? How did she get the gun passed Nevill? Rather than stop her, he lets her walk upstairs while he calls Jeremy?
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
There is simply no realistic way to have Nevill making two urgent calls 10 minutes apart.

Neville didn't make two urgent calls 10 minutes a part, since, as soon as he alerted Jeremy, he quickly got a dialling tone (at 3.26am) and contacted the police. We are talking a matter of seconds between the end of his call to Jeremy, and the beginning of his call to the police. The claim that Neville Bamber never made a call to the police is ill founded, because the contents of the Bonnet log (3.26am) do not correspond with what Jeremy Spoke to PC West about later on. In point of fact the contents of West's 3.36am phone log don't correspond with what Jeremy Bamber had spoken to PC West about, both phone logs are inaccurate and this can be proven by reference to one of PC West's witness statements in which West provides chapter and verse in relation to what Jeremy told him..

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
Neville didn't make two urgent calls 10 minutes a part, since, as soon as he alerted Jeremy, he quickly got a dialling tone (at 3.26am) and contacted the police. We are talking a matter of seconds between the end of his call to Jeremy, and the beginning of his call to the police. The claim that Neville Bamber never made a call to the police is ill founded, because the contents of the Bonnet log (3.26am) do not correspond with what Jeremy Spoke to PC West about later on. In point of fact the contents of West's 3.36am phone log don't correspond with what Jeremy Bamber had spoken to PC West about, both phone logs are inaccurate and this can be proven by reference to one of PC West's witness statements in which West provides chapter and verse in relation to what Jeremy told him..

If the contents of PC West's witness statement are true regarding what Jeremy Bamber told him during his call to the police at 3.36am, yet to be fathomed out is why PC West recorded a different narrative in his 3.36am phone log, which in turn got recorded differently in the Bonnet version of 'the' call?

Seems to me to be a clear case, not of Bonnet (3.26am) paraphrasing what PC West (3.36am) told him Jeremy Bamber had said, but rather it being a case of PC West (3.36am)paraphrasing what Bonnett had recorded as a result of what Neville Bamber had told him, in his 3.26am phone log. The cops then tried to make out that there had only been one call to the police and that was by Jeremy Bamber, and that the reason why the times of these call logs were 10 minutes a part, was because the control room clock was either 10 minutes fast, or 10 minutes slow?

The bottom line, however, is that PC West did not record verbatim what Jeremy had told him, when he made out his 3.36am phone call to him in his log, and therefore the argument that both phone logs represented only one call doesn't stand up to any sort of scrutiny! The whole situation becomes somewhat farcical, because if PC West received the call from Jeremy, and he then relayed what Jeremy had told him to Malcolm Bonnett, to be pondered is which version of the events did PC West speak to Malcolm Bonnett about? The contents as recorded by him in his 3.36am log, or to what Jeremy had actually talked to him about? And of course, the Bonnet log is timed some 10 minutes sooner (3.26am), than the time recorded in PC West's phone log (3.36am)...

If there was only one call to police, we have three different versions of what Jeremy was supposed to have said, since, we have (1) the Bonnet log timed at 3.26am, (2) the West log timed at 3.36am, and (3) we have the contents of PC West's witness statement in which he records exactly and precisely what Jeremy had told him!

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
Neville Bamber did make the 3.26am call to the police, there can be no other explanation for it, which was why when Jeremy attempted to call his father back, he was met by a constant engaged tone - he kept getting the engaged tone because Neville Bamber was by that stage taking part in a conversation regarding the fact, ' Daughter gone berserk ' and 'my daughter has got hold of one of my guns'...

Offline Adam

So now Nevill didn't call the police after Sheila started shooting the twins.

Nevill calls Jeremy, lol. Bamber was lucky the judge was kind enough to just call this phone call 'mysterious'.

Going by what Nevill said on the phone, he was aware Sheila had the rifle & was aware Sheila had 'gone crazy'. So he must have noticed her go upstairs with it. Would have been better to follow her.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 06:11:AM by Adam »
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
Neville Bamber did make the 3.26am call to the police, there can be no other explanation for it, which was why when Jeremy attempted to call his father back, he was met by a constant engaged tone - he kept getting the engaged tone because Neville Bamber was by that stage taking part in a conversation regarding the fact, ' Daughter gone berserk ' and 'my daughter has got hold of one of my guns'...
Why would PC West wrongly record what Jeremy Bamber had told him only moments before in his 3.36am log? And then Malcolm Bonnett record in his 3.26am phone log, something totally different to what Jeremy had actually spoken to PC West about (outlined in his witness statement), and or, the different version recorded by PC West in his 3.36am phone log?

It's much more likely that PC West and Malcolm Bonnet have been party to trying to marry up the two different phone logs (3.26am / 3.36am) as though both referred to the same call made by Jeremy to PC West, when the truth of the matter is that the Bonnet log (3.26am) refers to Neville Bambers call to police, as opposed to the 3.36am phone log which doesn't relate to Jeremy's call to PC West!

Offline Adam

I would certainly tackle Sheila in the situation Nevill was in. Prior to any shots being fired The only reason I would hesitate is if Sheila had a shot gun.

Sheila having a rifle used for shooting vermin would not stop me protecting the lives of myself & my family. Nevill would know if Sheila luckily hit him in the torso with one shot, it would be a non fatal wound.

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
So now Nevill didn't call the police after Sheila started shooting the twins. Neville Bamber wasn't present inside the farmhouse when Sheila shot her kids to bits and killed them off. He wasn't in the farmhouse when Sheila shot June Bamber, everything points towards an absence of Neville when Sheila attacked and killed the others off..

Nevill calls Jeremy, lol. Yes, Neville did make a very brief call to Jeremy, at least a call that was long enough to alert Jeremy to the fact that Sheila had gone on a rampage in possession of a gun, before Neville Terminated that call and then spoke to the police! Bamber was lucky the judge was kind enough to just call this phone call 'mysterious'. it wasn't known that Neville Bamber had made his 3.26am call to the police during the trial, in fact the prosecution's case was that if Sheila had got the gun, any gun and she had been going crazy, that Neville would have telephoned the police, not Jeremy!  We now know that Neville did call the police, and that he also had called Jeremy!

Going by what Nevill said on the phone, he was aware Sheila had the rifle & was aware Sheila had 'gone crazy'. Yes, because when he eventually ventured upstairs to the bedrooms during the early hours of 7th August 1985, he had inadvertently stumbled upon Sheila's handy work!So he must have noticed her go upstairs with it. not necessarily, he might have simply assumed that Sheila had been upstairs with the gun..Would have been better to follow her. It would have made more sense if Neville Bamber had left the farmhouse rather than remain at risk of being confronted by Sheila on the war path!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 08:00:AM by mike tesko »

Offline Adam

Thanks Mike. I forgot Nevill was outside when Sheila shot everyone else.

Why did Sheila let Nevill make phone calls when he came inside WHF ? After killing everyone else, thought she would try to kill him straight away. Catch him by surprise.

Offline David1819

So now Nevill didn't call the police after Sheila started shooting the twins.

Nevill calls Jeremy, lol. Bamber was lucky the judge was kind enough to just call this phone call 'mysterious'.

Going by what Nevill said on the phone, he was aware Sheila had the rifle & was aware Sheila had 'gone crazy'. So he must have noticed her go upstairs with it. Would have been better to follow her.

The judge never called his phone called "mysterious".

The only thing that is mysterious is where you got that idea from.

I would certainly tackle Sheila in the situation Nevill was in. Prior to any shots being fired The only reason I would hesitate is if Sheila had a shot gun.

Sheila having a rifle used for shooting vermin would not stop me protecting the lives of myself & my family. Nevill would know if Sheila luckily hit him in the torso with one shot, it would be a non fatal wound.

Except Sheila hit with two shots to the jaw that penetrated into the back of his neck and a shot that seperated the bones in his arm.

The fact a gun designed to kill vermin caused a comminuted fracture to his arm and went through his jaw bones and teeth. Leads me to suspect he may have had osteoporosis (weak bones due to old age)

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
Nevill was asleep downstairs, in a chair, probably after a nightcap.