Author Topic: The Waco siege 25 years on: the enigma of David Koresh  (Read 70 times)

Offline Steve_uk

The Waco siege 25 years on: the enigma of David Koresh
« on: November 02, 2018, 06:11:PM »
I'm not sure why the media is raking this up specifically in November 2018 but the case serves as a warning to all who may be looking for a new purpose in life and fall for the charisma of an evil individual. The siege left 76 dead, many wondering about the tactics of the federal government, and was also cited by Oklahoma bomber Timothy McVeigh, whose attack in April 1995 claimed the lives of 168. https://youtu.be/4GJhsnxcsrY

« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 06:11:PM by Steve_uk »

Offline Steve_uk

Offline Steve_uk

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
Re: The Waco siege 25 years on: the enigma of David Koresh
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 11:15:PM »
I'm not sure why the media is raking this up specifically in November 2018 but the case serves as a warning to all who may be looking for a new purpose in life and fall for the charisma of an evil individual. The siege left 76 dead, many wondering about the tactics of the federal government, and was also cited by Oklahoma bomber Timothy McVeigh, whose attack in April 1995 claimed the lives of 168. https://youtu.be/4GJhsnxcsrY

The feds started filling the place with tear gas to force them all out the building. Koresh then selfishly set the place on the place on fire because he knew the game was up and took all his followers with him beacuse if they lived to tell they would sooner or later expose him.
"Truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."

"The idea that he could invent a tale of a killing spree by a mentally disturbed woman to be lent credibility by further violent episodes over the following decades is hard to credit."

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 12:35:PM »

The feds started filling the place with tear gas to force them all out the building. Koresh then selfishly set the place on the place on fire because he knew the game was up and took all his followers with him beacuse if they lived to tell they would sooner or later expose him.
I doubt Koresh set the compound on fire alone. Wikipedia says another member, Steve Schneider shot him and then killed himself. President Bill Clinton had had another experience with a cult whilst Governor of Arkansas but he was out of his depth with Waco. He delegated the decisions to Janet Reno. The whole thing was badly mismanaged.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 12:55:PM by Steve_uk »

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 04:09:PM »
I cannot understand people falling for this crap, its one thing to put your own stupid life at risk but when they involve innocent children it breaks my heart.

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2018, 04:10:PM »
I doubt Koresh set the compound on fire alone. Wikipedia says another member, Steve Schneider shot him and then killed himself. President Bill Clinton had had another experience with a cult whilst Governor of Arkansas but he was out of his depth with Waco. He delegated the decisions to Janet Reno. The whole thing was badly mismanaged.

David Koresh was to blame.