Author Topic: Ballistics - spent bullet cases - the impossible comparison tests...  (Read 7849 times)

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
Re: Ballistics - spent bullet cases - the impossible comparison tests...
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2018, 04:46:PM »
Of course I am particularly interested in the first two rows of alphabet letters in Sheila's note:-

N   (Nicholas)
M   (mum)
D (Daniel)

G   (gun) - (go)
D (downstairs)..

B (bedroom)
P (phone)
L (lead)
U (unplugged..
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 04:50:PM by mike tesko »
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive"...

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2018, 04:54:PM »
G (got)
G (give)
J (Jeremy)
C (call)
F (first)..

we then have the key information which I believe refers to additional bullets Sheila might need to carry out the shootings:-

PLEASE 3
PLEASE 3
PLEASE 3
PLEASE 3
PLEASE 3

5 X 3 = 15
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 04:57:PM by mike tesko »

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2018, 04:58:PM »
Unplugging the main bedroom telephone was obviously one of Sheila Caffell's main concern!

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2018, 05:00:PM »
Unplugging the main bedroom telephone was obviously one of Sheila Caffell's main concern!

I think she took that opportunity with Neville Bamber away from the farmhouse, and June, Daniel and Nicholas isolated in the two separate bedrooms! She unplugged the bedroom phone before June Bamber came upstairs to bed!

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2018, 05:04:PM »
I think she took that opportunity with Neville Bamber away from the farmhouse, and June, Daniel and Nicholas isolated in the two separate bedrooms! She unplugged the bedroom phone before June Bamber came upstairs to bed!

It's quite some coincidence that when you add up the 3's which Sheila clearly wrote on the note she left on her bedside cabinet, that she had in her mind the idea that she might be able to kill off the other five victims with a total of 15 bullets! The five victims she had in mind were Nicholas, Mum, Daniel, Neville and Jeremy...
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 05:06:PM by mike tesko »

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2018, 05:07:PM »
Her plan was to try and lure Jeremy to the farmhouse, so that she could kill him as well - and she used Neville Bamber to make the call to Jeremy to try and get him to come to the farm quickly!

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2018, 05:09:PM »
Her plan was to try and lure Jeremy to the farmhouse, so that she could kill him as well - and she used Neville Bamber to make the call to Jeremy to try and get him to come to the farm quickly!

It may well be, that she also get Neville to make a second call to the police (3.26am), to tell them that his daughter had got hold of one of his guns, and that she was going berserk...
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 05:10:PM by mike tesko »

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2018, 05:12:PM »
It may well be, that she also get Neville to make a second call to the police (3.26am), to tell them that his daughter had got hold of one of his guns, and that she was going berserk...

Sheila may have reasoned that because she had got Neville to try and lure Jeremy to come to the farm (from nearby Goldhanger) that Jeremy would arrive long before the police from Chelmsford, as a result of her making Neville call police (3.26am), and that this would be sufficient time to shoot Jeremy dead, too, before the arrival of the police..
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 05:14:PM by mike tesko »

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2018, 05:15:PM »
It didn't quite pan out like that / this..

But, that was Sheila's plan, at least that is the view held by DCI Jones...

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2018, 05:21:PM »
The more I think about it, the more I become convinced that Sheila had control of the shotgun when she forced Neville Bamber to try and lure Jeremy to the farmhouse, and his call to the police where he was forced to tell them 'My daughter has got hold of one of my guns'...

Earlier, when he was forced to contact Jeremy he had been forced by Sheila to tell Jeremy 'Sheila has got the gun'...

(Call to Jeremy) 'Sheila has got the gun', and (Call to police) 'My daughter has got hold of one of my guns', could have been reference to the same gun (shotgun), or to two different guns (shotgun and rifle)...
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 05:24:PM by mike tesko »

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2018, 05:26:PM »
The more I think about it, the more I become convinced that Sheila had control of the shotgun when she forced Neville Bamber to try and lure Jeremy to the farmhouse, and his call to the police where he was forced to tell them 'My daughter has got hold of one of my guns'...

Earlier, when he was forced to contact Jeremy he had been forced by Sheila to tell Jeremy 'Sheila has got the gun'...

(Call to Jeremy) 'Sheila has got the gun', and (Call to police) 'My daughter has got hold of one of my guns', could have been reference to the same gun (shotgun), or to two different guns (shotgun and rifle)...

The struggle involving the shotgun in the kitchen when the lights have  got broken, and the mantelpiece got scratched must have occurred after Sheila had got Neville to try and lure Jeremy to the farmhouse, and after she had got Neville to contact the police at 3.26am...
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 05:28:PM by mike tesko »

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2018, 05:30:PM »
The struggle involving the shotgun in the kitchen when the lights have  got broken, and the mantelpiece got scratched must have occurred after Sheila had got Neville to try and lure Jeremy to the farmhouse, and after she had got Neville to contact the police at 3.26am...

If true...

Then immediately afterwards, Sheila took possession of a reloaded .22 rifle and killed off Neville Bamber downstairs in the kitchen!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 05:30:PM by mike tesko »

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2018, 05:35:PM »
If true...

Then immediately afterwards, Sheila took possession of a reloaded .22 rifle and killed off Neville Bamber downstairs in the kitchen!

I must admit, I am not entirely satisfied that Sheila shot Neville Bamber dead with use of only the anshuzt rifle, or that she had shot and killed off the other three victims (June, Daniel and Nicholas) by way of all the shots fired via the anshuzt rifle. I think that there is a case for believing that only 10 bullets were fired via use of the anshuzt rifle, and that the other 15 bullets were fired from two additional weapons at a ratio of 14 / 1...

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2018, 05:36:PM »
I simplify this below:-

Anshuzt rifle -10 (14)
Pargeter rifle - 14 (10)
Police issue weapon - 1

Of course, because of the need to convert the police issue bullet into a batch of ammunition purchased by Neville Bamber, the actual ratio, reads as follows:-

Anshuzt rifle (15)?
Pargeter rifle (10)?

the ballistic expert could only positively link 15 crime scene bullets as being fired via that anshuzt rifle (this must have included at least 1 test fired round used in the substitution procedure involving the original small piece of a badly fragmented bullet which was exhibit PV/20..
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 09:46:AM by mike tesko »

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2018, 05:53:PM »
I simplify this below:-

Anshuzt rifle -10 (14)
Pargeter rifle - 14 (10)
Police issue weapon - 1

Of course, because of the need to convert the police issue bullet into a batch of ammunition purchased by Neville Bamber, the actual ratio, reads as follows:-

Anshuzt rifle (15)
Pargeter rifle (10)

There existed at the time the matter came to trial, 25 spent bullet cases attributed as having been loaded, fired and ejected via the anshuzt rifle, and 14 spent bullet cases which had been loaded into the Pargeter rifle, fired and ejected - and a spent bullet case fired from a police issue weapon...

The 14 original spent bullet cases which had been loaded and fired from the Pargeter rifle, were retained at the Lab' under an exhibit reference MDF/100, and the police issue spent bullet case was retained separately by the police. These were replaced with 15 test fired bullet cases, which when added to the 10 bullet cases loaded, fired and ejected via use of the anshuzt rifle totalled 25..

5 of the 10 bullet cases which had been loaded and fired from the anshuzt rifle, had double magazine markings on them, suggesting that at some stage 5 rounds had been either loaded into the magazine of the anshuzt rifle, or another magazine to another gun, removed and subsequently reloaded into the magazine of the anshuzt rifle, before being fired, extracted and ejected..

I strongly suspect that at least another 4 test fired bullets were introduced into the makeshift batch of crime scene ammunition, which were test fired via the anshuzt rifle, bringing the total number of bullets used in a substitution procedure to 5 in total which enabled the ballistic expert to link 15 bullets as being fired using the anshuzt rifle, leaving 10 others unclassified...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 09:51:AM by mike tesko »