Author Topic: Making a Murderer (Netflix) Series Two  (Read 58179 times)

Offline Caroline

Re: Making a Murderer (Netflix) Series Two
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2018, 06:30:PM »
Hi Caroline hope you’re well.
have you watched both one and season 2. Im on board with innocence
Both are compelling and good viewing

Hi Notsure :) - Yes, I did watch the first series and was kind of left with more questions than answers. However, Kathleen Zellner is trying to recreate the crime scene to see if what was actually found on the day, is plausible - which is interesting (especially when they tried to recreate the blood stain near the ignition and couldn't). The problem with trying to recreate things though is that you're not using the actual evidence or the same individuals. There may have been something unique about the way Avery tried to start the car which they simply can't recreate. I don't have a guilty/innocent opinion at the moment but I think Bobby Dassey's evidence is dodgy.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 11:57:PM by Caroline »
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline notsure

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2018, 06:51:PM »
Yes I can’t understand why he won’t talk if he’s innocent. . The whole thing is a complete mess. Zellner is trying to test the evidence which is a good thing. She needs to get her hands on the Rav 4 and they have been very reluctant to let her have any evidence at all. I think Kratz is a narcissist. What a wholly!

Offline David1819

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2018, 01:45:PM »
Hi Notsure :) - Yes, I did watch the first series and was kind of left with more questions than answers. However, Kathleen Zellner is trying to recreate the crime scene to see if what was actually found on the day, is plausible - which is interesting (especially when they tried to recreate the blood stain near the ignition and couldn't). The problem with trying to recreate things though is that you're not using the actual evidence or the same individuals. There may have been something unique about the way Avery tried to start the car which they simply can't recreate. I don't have a guilty/innocent opinion at the moment but I think Bobby Dassey's evidence is dodgy.

The prosecution already recreated the crime scene at his murder trial. Kathleen Zellner is selling a dead horse.

Here are all of Steven Avery's contradictory statements -

https://www.reddit.com/r/MakingaMurderer/comments/8cx6xz/bad_luck_steve_contradictions/

Well done to whoever put that together.

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2018, 02:29:PM »
the problem is the avery to be innocent wouldent that reuire someone to have killed the victem just to frame him im not saying that couldent happen but  it sounds a tad unlikely.

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2018, 03:51:PM »
The prosecution already recreated the crime scene at his murder trial. Kathleen Zellner is selling a dead horse.

Here are all of Steven Avery's contradictory statements -

https://www.reddit.com/r/MakingaMurderer/comments/8cx6xz/bad_luck_steve_contradictions/

Well done to whoever put that together.

You really need to watch series 2 , this thread is about discussing what is in that show and you can't really contribute properly unless you have seen it imo i'm sure you will enjoy it any true crime buff would

I binge watched it over the weekend,

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2018, 03:51:PM »
On the blood disconnect, could it be that blood was left after a clean up?

I am having some difficulty getting my head round the blood being obtained from the sink

1. this meant someone needed to have known SA had bled in that sink AND not cleaned it up
2. they would have had to then go get it when it was still wet , yet there was wet AND dry FLAKES found in the car that belonged to SA
3. SA saw tail lights and head lights yet didn't think to go check his trailer

The Computer is described as the Dassey computer, and mention is made of Bobbie having the most access to the computer but also it is stated that Brendan also had access although not as much, could he have seen the images? is that where the rape and torture description in his confession came from?

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2018, 03:53:PM »

I think Kathleen Zeller is a first class lawyer, her work on this case is impressive, why the heck the original defence team didnt hire a ballistics and blood splatter expert i do not know!

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2018, 03:54:PM »
Just started watching this - just making a thread for comments.

If Avery is innocent, then Bobby Dassey is surely involved?

I suspect Bobby said in evidence that he saw TH go into SA trailer in return for the cops not prosecuting him for the filth he had on his computer, as far as i am aware he was never prosecuted for that, makes you wonder why doesn't it

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2018, 03:55:PM »
I keep coming back to the fact that if SA is innocent he is the most unluckiest guy ever, twice being the miscarriage of justice , does anyone know of any other case like that in the world? I don't

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2018, 03:56:PM »

I thought that mark on the dash board was not dissimillar to the shape of the key fob, but i am not clear if any of SA's blood was found on it, i think it might have swung on the key and left a mark on the dashboard having been covering in SA's blood from it dripping down from his open cut.

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2018, 03:59:PM »

Or he witnessed the murder and helped his uncle dispose of the body.

the police did feed him the information, its clear in the confession they did.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2018, 07:09:PM »
You really need to watch series 2 , this thread is about discussing what is in that show and you can't really contribute properly unless you have seen it imo i'm sure you will enjoy it any true crime buff would

I binge watched it over the weekend,

Thanks Indigo, I specifically wrote 'season 2' to distinguish it from the other thread.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2018, 07:19:PM »
On the blood disconnect, could it be that blood was left after a clean up?

I am having some difficulty getting my head round the blood being obtained from the sink

1. this meant someone needed to have known SA had bled in that sink AND not cleaned it up
2. they would have had to then go get it when it was still wet , yet there was wet AND dry FLAKES found in the car that belonged to SA
3. SA saw tail lights and head lights yet didn't think to go check his trailer

The Computer is described as the Dassey computer, and mention is made of Bobbie having the most access to the computer but also it is stated that Brendan also had access although not as much, could he have seen the images? is that where the rape and torture description in his confession came from?

I agree about the sink. The only people who could have known about his cut were his family and relatives and I don't think any one of those would think about using a dropper to frame him. It's possible that the police turned up at his trailer while he was out but that's pretty far fetched.

Like I said, not comfortable with Bobby Dassey.

I am only up to episode 5 - I'll watch some later.

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2018, 09:40:PM »
I agree about the sink. The only people who could have known about his cut were his family and relatives and I don't think any one of those would think about using a dropper to frame him. It's possible that the police turned up at his trailer while he was out but that's pretty far fetched.

Like I said, not comfortable with Bobby Dassey.

I am only up to episode 5 - I'll watch some later.

be interested to hear your thoughts when you've watched it all.

Offline David1819

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2018, 10:19:PM »
the police did feed him the information, its clear in the confession they did.

Watch it and listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYOaIDxirHE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJt6j5E1y_s