Author Topic: The telephone off the hook  (Read 17226 times)

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
Re: The telephone off the hook
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2018, 05:11:PM »
In Jeremy's own call to police timed at 3.36am, he makes specific reference in what he told PC West, that the line had simply gone dead - yet, in the earlier call made to police 10 minutes earlier, there is no mention in the main body of the 3.26am log, that Neville Bambers call to police at that time, had suddenly got cut off, or that it simply went dead - as I say, there is the addendum message which was added later on, once Jeremy himself had spoken to PC West, which gives Jeremy's version of the events, in the phone log of Neville Bambers!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 05:12:PM by mike tesko »
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive"...

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2018, 05:16:PM »
In Jeremy's own call to police timed at 3.36am, he makes specific reference in what he told PC West, that the line had simply gone dead - yet, in the earlier call made to police 10 minutes earlier, there is no mention in the main body of the 3.26am log, that Neville Bambers call to police at that time, had suddenly got cut off, or that it simply went dead - as I say, there is the addendum message which was added later on, once Jeremy himself had spoken to PC West, which gives Jeremy's version of the events, in the phone log of Neville Bambers!

There are therefore, two distinctive parts to the 3.26am phone log which I choose to refer to as Neville Bambers log, whereas, only one main part to the 3.36am phone log which I choose to refer to as Jeremy Bambers phone log! In the 3.26am log, it is made up of two parts, the intereaction of Neville Bamber with the police, and (b) Jeremy Bambers interaction with PC West..

Whereas, in the 3.36am log, you can see that everything recorded therein, comes from Jeremy Bamber alone, concerning what potentially was and had been happening back at the farmhouse!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 05:19:PM by mike tesko »

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2018, 05:22:PM »
But, hang fire, that is not all because if Jeremy Bamber is the killer, he was far more cleverer than Essex police and a Home Secretary of the day gave him credit for - remember the front page headlines, ' HOW DID HE FOOL YOU'? was the rage of the day!

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2018, 05:27:PM »
But, hang fire, that is not all because if Jeremy Bamber is the killer, he was far more cleverer than Essex police and a Home Secretary of the day gave him credit for - remember the front page headlines, ' HOW DID HE FOOL YOU'? was the rage of the day!

Well, all I can say is, exactly how Jeremy Bamber managed to influence the state of the telephones inside the farmhouse at different times whilst he was outside in the company of the police beggars belief! Let's take the '999' call that was made requesting ambulances? How on earth could anybody for one moment believe that Jeremy was so clever that he concocted that scenario from outside the farmhouse?

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2018, 05:29:PM »
Well, all I can say is, exactly how Jeremy Bamber managed to influence the state of the telephones inside the farmhouse at different times whilst he was outside in the company of the police beggars belief! Let's take the '999' call that was made requesting ambulances? How on earth could anybody for one moment believe that Jeremy was so clever that he concocted that scenario from outside the farmhouse?

Why hasn't any information been released in over 33 years as to when and whom requested the ambulances to attend the scene? It's withheld evidence under pii..

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2018, 05:34:PM »
The state of the telephone line at white house farm became altered at 5.55am from it being simply off the hook, to being engaged. At 6.09am the operator patched the '999' call from the farmhouse to the control room, where it remained under constant monitoring right up until 8.15am, at which stage it was discontinued because DCI Harris had to use one of the farmhouse landline telephones to update the Assistant Chief Constable of the events which had unfolded by that stage?

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2018, 06:04:PM »
In order to try and demonstrate that I do take everything into account, I even looked at and considered the possibility, that Jeremy Bamber might very well have been responsible for the change in the status of the line to and from the farmhouse at 5.55am, and that it was he who had made the '999' call requesting the ambulances to attend the incident unfolding at the farmhouse, which I will touch upon briefly - in due course!

In the meantime, does anyone have the slightest idea how he could have and would have gone about achieving the impossible?

Offline Adam

« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2018, 06:06:PM »
Which phone was down stairs?

His house phone, or his answer phone?

Please direct me to the source of evidence where you got this information from, because it's news to me, and if Iv'e missed something as fundamental a fact as this I want my head chopping off..

https://soundcloud.com/phil-garlic/tracks

Here is the link that says his only phone was his kitchen phone. The answer phone will be attached to the phone.
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Adam

« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2018, 06:10:PM »
From what I can recall. There were no rings at all. When I was a kid my parents would turn the answer machine on when ever we left the house then off when we got back. The answer machine would take the call imediatley and record the message. I now remember thinking back you would call people and get the answer message as soon as the connection was made. Answer machines were important until mobile phones and internet went mainstream. Because your house number was all you had and people often went out like always.

That is a possibility. Which would mean Bamber would not wake as the phone would not ring.

People would set the answering machine to 3-8 rings. Which gives them the chance of answering it when at home, should they choose to do so.

Offline Adam

« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2018, 06:13:PM »

I think there is a misunderstanding here. If the police were looking at JBs answer machine audio tapes for "Nevills Call" that means they are looking for a short blank audio message. In order to try and explain any electronic proof of a call made from WHF to JB.

Anyway until Mike uploads any documented evidence of the police doing there is not much point talking about it.

Why would the police be looking for a call from Nevill ? He spoke to Bamber.

The answer machine is important because Bamber could not answer the phone within 5-10 seconds.

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2018, 06:30:PM »
https://soundcloud.com/phil-garlic/tracks

Here is the link that says his only phone was his kitchen phone. The answer phone will be attached to the phone.

Thanks, Adam I note this is an audio recording made a long time after he spoke to me about it, when he has obviously had time to reflect and present his script in the best possible light for himself! I would just like to say that in the audio recording he makes no mention of his answer machine which Essex police confiscated from his cottage! Many answer machines did not have handsets, so there's no guarantee that his kitchen phone was connected to it. You could just as easily position or place an answer phone anywhere around the house, or as in this case, a cottage. All you'd need would be an adaptor and an extension cable. My recollection from my discussions with Jeremy was that the answer machine which police confiscated was on his bedside cabinet. I will keep an eye out for any documents I have dealing with this issue...

Thanks for the link!

Offline David1819

« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2018, 06:47:PM »
Why would the police be looking for a call from Nevill ? He spoke to Bamber.

The answer machine is important because Bamber could not answer the phone within 5-10 seconds.

No its not important. You say "He spoke to Bamber" therefore his answer machine was off. If his answer machine was on (assuming he had one). Neville would have got straight through to the answer machine. Now whether Nevill would bother leaving a message in that situation who knows but it sure would have helped.

Offline Adam

« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2018, 06:56:PM »
No its not important. You say "He spoke to Bamber" therefore his answer machine was off. If his answer machine was on (assuming he had one). Neville would have got straight through to the answer machine. Now whether Nevill would bother leaving a message in that situation who knows but it sure would have helped.

I have already provided a source that Bamber had an answering machine. It would be on 24/7.

So Bamber only had 5-10 seconds to answer Nevill's call. Or no seconds if the phone went straight to answer machine, as you suggested. 

It would have taken him several minutes to wake, realise the phone was ringing, decide to answer it & go downstairs.

So no call was made by Nevill.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 06:59:PM by Adam »

Offline David1819

« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2018, 07:43:PM »
I have already provided a source that Bamber had an answering machine. It would be on 24/7.

So Bamber only had 5-10 seconds to answer Nevill's call. Or no seconds if the phone went straight to answer machine, as you suggested. 

It would have taken him several minutes to wake, realise the phone was ringing, decide to answer it & go downstairs.

So no call was made by Nevill.

No you are assuming he would have a timed delayed answering machine on 24/7 way back in 1985. To make an argument fit.

Offline David1819

« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2018, 07:47:PM »
Thanks, Adam I note this is an audio recording made a long time after he spoke to me about it, when he has obviously had time to reflect and present his script in the best possible light for himself! I would just like to say that in the audio recording he makes no mention of his answer machine which Essex police confiscated from his cottage! Many answer machines did not have handsets, so there's no guarantee that his kitchen phone was connected to it. You could just as easily position or place an answer phone anywhere around the house, or as in this case, a cottage. All you'd need would be an adaptor and an extension cable. My recollection from my discussions with Jeremy was that the answer machine which police confiscated was on his bedside cabinet. I will keep an eye out for any documents I have dealing with this issue...

Thanks for the link!

Do we know what make model of phone and answering machine he had?