Author Topic: Cops seized Jeremy’s answer phone and five audio recording tapes....  (Read 8514 times)

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator

They knew that either Neville Bamber, or someone purporting to be him, had contacted the police at 3.26am, by dialling the telephone number of Witham police station, which got put through to the control room at Chelmsford police station via the automated out of hours or unavailable service mechanism, and that a message had been passed, 'Daughter gone berserk ', and 'daughter has got hold of one of my guns'...

This was why cops thought that someone else other than Jeremy Bamber had been responsible for the shootings, an accomplice of Sheila's and Jeremy if you like!
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive"...

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
This was why cops thought that someone else other than Jeremy Bamber had been responsible for the shootings, an accomplice of Sheila's and Jeremy if you like!

Cops thought that a hit man, had telephoned Jeremy from white house farm, and told him a prearranged message, purporting to have been said by Jeremy's father to Jeremy! As soon as the message had been passed, and received, the hit man had cut the connection off by simply depressing the cradle or simply replacing the handset upon the two plungers then immediately picking up the handset and then dialling the telephone number for Witham police station, knowing that at that time of morning the local station might not be manned, and that the call would be automatically put through to the control room at Chelmsford police station, whereupon the hit man had recited a previously arranged narrative, 'Daughter gone berserk ', and 'My daughter has got hold of one of my guns'...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 10:46:AM by mike tesko »

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
Cops thought that a hit man, had telephoned Jeremy from white house farm, and told him a prearranged message, purporting to have been said by Jeremy's father to Jeremy! As soon as the message had been passed, and received, the hit man had cut the connection off by simply depressing the cradle or simply replacing the handset upon the two plungers then immediately picking up the handset and then dialling the telephone number for Witham police station, knowing that at that time of morning the local station might not be manned, and that the call would be automatically put through to the control room at Chelmsford police station, whereupon the hit man had recited a previously arranged narrative, 'Daughter gone berserk ', and 'My daughter has got hold of one of my guns'...

Cops suspected that once the message had been received from white house farm, that Jeremy knew that the accomplice would have contacted the police, so after a momentarily delay, cops thought that Jeremy had also then tried to contact Witham police station but could not get through, because the out of hours service was already in use which caused Jeremy's call not to be answered by anyone at Witham police station! Then Jeremy telephoned Julie Mugford at 3.30am and told her that there was something wrong at home, and that he didn't know what to do, and she had simply told him to go back to bed!

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
Cops believed that it had been planned by Jeremy, Sheila and their accomplice, for Jeremy to wait a good 10 minutes after receiving the distress call from white house farm, before Jeremy would telephone Chelmsford police station (3.36am) directly, and report what he claimed his father had managed to say to him , 'Sheila has got the gun, she is going CRAZY', and 'come quickly'..

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
What looms large out of the contents of both police phone log contents, is the manner with which whoever was responsible for passing both of these messages, some 10 minutes a part (3.26am and 3.36am), the contents of both are recorded as a one sided conversation:-

(3.26am) - 'Daughter gone berserk ' and 'My daughter has got hold of one of my guns' (Neville Bamber to police)?

(3.36am) - 'Sheila has got the gun' and 'she is going CRAZY' (Jeremy Bamber to police)..
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 11:04:AM by mike tesko »

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
What looms large out of the contents of both police phone log contents, is the manner with which whoever was responsible for passing both of these messages, some 10 minutes a part (3.26am and 3.36am), the contents of both are recorded as a one sided conversation:-

(3.26am) - 'Daughter gone berserk ' and 'My daughter has got hold of one of my guns' (Neville Bamber to police)?

(3.36am) - 'Sheila has got the gun' and 'she is going CRAZY' (Jeremy Bamber to police)..

For the purpose of being specific, Jeremy told police during his 3.36am call, what his father had said to him (before Neville phoned the police) prior to his father contacting the police at 3.26am!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 11:06:AM by mike tesko »

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
For the purpose of being specific, Jeremy told police during his 3.36am call, what his father had said to him (before Neville phoned the police) prior to his father contacting the police at 3.26am!

So...

'Sheila has got the gun' and 'she is going CRAZY', and 'come quickly', were the words spoken by Neville Bamber to Jeremy, followed by 'Daughter gone berserk ', and 'she has got hold of one of my guns', when Neville Bamber telephoned police at 3.26am...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 02:02:PM by mike tesko »

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
So...

'Sheila has got the gun' and 'she is going CRAZY', and 'come quickly', were the words spoken by Neville Bamber to Jeremy, followed by 'Daughter gone berserk ', and 'she has got hold of one of my guns', when Neville Bamber telephoned police at 3.26am. This in turn, was followed by Jeremy phoning Julie Mugford', telling her, 'there's something wrong at home, and I don't know what to do'? Julie responded by saying to him, 'Go back to bed' and that Jeremy had then telephoned Chelmsford police station himself, at 3.36am telling them, that he had received a telephone call from his father, Neville Bamber at white house farm, telling him that, Sheila has got the gun' and 'She is going CRAZY' and for him to Come Quickly'.

PC West had told Jeremy that police officers had already been deployed to the incident (in real time they had been deployed there prior to Jeremy alerting the police about the telephone call from his father - police deployed to incident at 3.35am, Jeremy's call to police was timed at 3.36am), and PC West asked the operator to check the line at white house farm in view of Jeremy stating that every time he tried to ring his father back at the farm from his cottage in Head Street, Goldhanger, that he kept getting a constant engaged tone. The operator confirmed at 3.42am, that the phone line was engaged at that time! In any event, PC West asked Jeremy to go to white house farm where he would be met by police officers who were already on their way there! Jeremy wanted to be picked up by the police and taken to the farmhouse, but he was told to make his own way there, and told that if he arrived at the incident before the police got there, that under no circumstances was he to approach the farmhouse alone!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 08:01:PM by mike tesko »

Offline Adam

Mike. If the police did recover such tapes and if what JM was saying is true then they would have found a blank message on one of those tapes.

JM claimed that Jeremy called his cottage via WHF to show a call happened. This can only be done if the answer machine picks up the phone on the other end.

IIRC JM mentioned it was done to be logged in the features of the phone. Yet the kitchen phone or bedroom phone had no such feature . Unbeknown to Julie and Anne Eaton, The wireless phone with such feature usually in the kitchen was out for repairs during the night of the shootings.

Have you got a source that Bambef had a bedroom phone

Bamber may have rang his cottage from WHF. Believing BT may have a record of what calls are made from a home phone. He only needed to let the phone ring a couple of times before hanging up & didn't need the answering machine to come on.
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Adam

PC West had told Jeremy that police officers had already been deployed to the incident (in real time they had been deployed there prior to Jeremy alerting the police about the telephone call from his father - police deployed to incident at 3.35am, Jeremy's call to police was timed at 3.36am), and PC West asked the operator to check the line at white house farm in view of Jeremy stating that every time he tried to ring his father back at the farm from his cottage in Head Street, Goldhanger, that he kept getting a constant engaged tone. The operator confirmed at 3.42am, that the phone line was engaged at that time! In any event, PC West asked Jeremy to go to white house farm where he would be met by police officers who were already on their way there! Jeremy wanted to be picked up by the police and taken to the farmhouse, but he was told to make his own way there, and told that if he arrived at the incident before the police got there, that under no circumstances was he to approach the farmhouse alone!

Mike have you got a source that Jeremy had a bedroom phone ?

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator

Bamber may have rang his cottage from WHF. Believing BT may have a record of what calls are made from a home phone. He only needed to let the phone ring a couple of times before hanging up & didn't need the answering machine to come on.

BT could find out if a call of any sorts had been made from white house farm to Jeremy's cottage by checking equipment housed at the local exchange building. The equipment involved were meters which ordinarily racked up units which effectively were relied upon for calculating a customer's individual bill. I understand that it was possible for an engineer to be able to establish the length / duration of individual calls which had been made within the overall units which had been used, but this required a visit to the local exchange station for such work to be carried out by a qualified engineer!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 06:49:PM by mike tesko »

Offline David1819

I was reffering to the bedroom phone at WHF.

Yes you do. The answering machine takes the call. If JB thinks the telecom can log the calls then just ringing with no answer will not help because that would show Jeremy didn't pick up the phone.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 04:48:PM by David1819 »

Offline Adam

Yes you do. The answering machine takes the call. If JB thinks the telecom can log the calls then just ringing with no answer will not help because that would show Jeremy didn't pick up the phone.

Ok so it is just Mike who says in reply 8 that Bamber had his answer phone on his bedside cabinet.

No source had been supplied & to be fair Mike has just said 'my understanding is'. It has to be assummed the phone & answering machine were downstairs together, as always said.

So it's still impossible for Bamber to wake, realise the phone was ringing, decide whether to answer it, get up & go downstairs, within the 2/3 rings Mike is saying.

Bamber would have rang his cottage if he thought he needed to. I have no idea if he did in 1985.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 05:30:PM by Adam »

Offline Caroline

If he thought they could log the calls, the last thing he would do would be to call his house from WHF because, if they could log them (which they couldn't), they could time stamp them too. This would scupper his plans because there would be a big difference between the time of the call and his call to the police - even longer than the one that exists now.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
If he thought they could log the calls, the last thing he would do would be to call his house from WHF because, if they could log them (which they couldn't), they could time stamp them too. This would scupper his plans because there would be a big difference between the time of the call and his call to the police - even longer than the one that exists now.

If Jeremy had been the killer, all he would have done is use the digital phone which was normally plugged in at the kitchen socket, dial his own number to his cottage, which would have been the last call made from white house farm, in its last 10 numbers dialled memory facility) not counting of course the 3.26am call made from white house farm to the police (which he would have to account for somehow)...