Author Topic: 29-year-old Dutch woman ends her life legally  (Read 12925 times)

Offline IndigoJ

Re: 29-year-old Dutch woman ends her life legally
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2018, 01:14:PM »

As I have said on several occasions, this isn't about YOU and to the best of my knowledge, that's the ONLY thing I've said to you, personally. I have NEVER said that you're not entitled to your own opinion. All I've said is whilst your opinion is right for you, it's not right for everyone.

no it is not the only thing you have said to me! if you're not going to be honest then please do not address me again. End of.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2018, 04:53:PM »
Instead of plugging headlines like this resources should be possible/found worldwide into the reasons why so many young people are committing suicide. It's heartbreaking for victims and families alike.

Amen
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Jane

« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2018, 05:29:PM »
no it is not the only thing you have said to me! if you're not going to be honest then please do not address me again. End of.

Tell you what. Put me on ignore then you won't need to read what I say. When you post on an open forum it's an invitation for any, to answer, who have opinions on it.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2018, 06:05:PM »
in what way is she causing trouble? although she clearly wanted all the world to know about it otherwise she wouldnt have done the documentary and the media articles  ???
She's causing trouble between two members here is what I meant. As far as Aurelia Brouwers is concerned I still don't feel she has the right to demand of others to assist in her death and if it were up to me I'd close the Levenseindekliniek down.

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2018, 06:31:PM »
Tell you what. Put me on ignore then you won't need to read what I say. When you post on an open forum it's an invitation for any, to answer, who have opinions on it.

someone show me how to do this please,

and you are missing the point , i dont mind anyone answering my posts but what you were doing was a personal attack. 

i will gladly put you on ignore

Offline Jane

« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2018, 06:47:PM »
someone show me how to do this please,

and you are missing the point , i dont mind anyone answering my posts but what you were doing was a personal attack. 

i will gladly put you on ignore

I have NO recall of launching "a personal attack" on you. You chose to take it as such. I'd have said exactly the same to anyone who thinks that because they hold a certain view -which effectively could have an adverse effect on others' lives- it must be adhered to by all. I highlighted this by revealing that I don't believe abortion is right but I'd never deny women the right to make that choice for themselves.

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #111 on: August 17, 2018, 06:55:PM »
JaneJ now on ignore list.

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #112 on: August 18, 2018, 08:20:AM »
She's causing trouble between two members here is what I meant. As far as Aurelia Brouwers is concerned I still don't feel she has the right to demand of others to assist in her death and if it were up to me I'd close the Levenseindekliniek down.

I agree, she doesn't have that right.

Offline Jane

« Reply #113 on: August 18, 2018, 08:28:AM »

Surely it's about choice. No one is FORCED to participate in a death of another. Some may see it as compassion.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2018, 09:13:AM »
Surely it's about choice. No one is FORCED to participate in a death of another. Some may see it as compassion.
But Jane professionals are getting paid to do a job. It's a production line of death. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/switzerland/7641989/300-urns-with-human-ashes-dumped-in-Lake-Zurich-near-Dignitas-clinic.html

Offline Jane

« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2018, 09:30:AM »
But Jane professionals are getting paid to do a job. It's a production line of death. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/switzerland/7641989/300-urns-with-human-ashes-dumped-in-Lake-Zurich-near-Dignitas-clinic.html

Aww Steve. What you see as "a production line of death" I imagine those who work there see it as helping people out of intolerable situations. Perhaps it's compassion which guides them. My late partner would have gone to them but sadly was too ill to make the journey, and therein is the rub. The visitor to Dignitas must be capable of administering the drug with their own hand. It's certainly a choice I'd make for myself if circumstances allowed, and as I've already stipulated that as much of me can be used as is deemed possible, I've decided not to have a funeral service, but a memorial service followed by a party. It's of NO moment what happens to my ashes. With no family, I'd be very happy for them to be part of a lake in Switzerland for eternity.

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #116 on: August 18, 2018, 09:38:AM »

exactly and I wouldn't want to be the cause of someone else's death ! can you imagine having to dish out the poison and watch them die! horrendous. I wouldn't do that job for any amount of money

dumping of the ashes like they are garbage speaks volumes!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 09:40:AM by IndigoJ »

Offline Jane

« Reply #117 on: August 18, 2018, 10:15:AM »
exactly and I wouldn't want to be the cause of someone else's death ! can you imagine having to dish out the poison and watch them die! horrendous. I wouldn't do that job for any amount of money

dumping of the ashes like they are garbage speaks volumes!

I imagine to do such a job, one would have to put self aside. I appreciate that not everyone is capable of such.
 As for ashes? Whose responsibility are they? What might be the alternative to disposing of them? My friend had her husband's ashes made into a locket for herself and a ring for her granddaughter. I believe it's also possible to create 'diamond' from human remains. Like euthanasia, this isn't for everyone. Each to their own.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #118 on: August 18, 2018, 10:32:AM »
Aww Steve. What you see as "a production line of death" I imagine those who work there see it as helping people out of intolerable situations. Perhaps it's compassion which guides them. My late partner would have gone to them but sadly was too ill to make the journey, and therein is the rub. The visitor to Dignitas must be capable of administering the drug with their own hand. It's certainly a choice I'd make for myself if circumstances allowed, and as I've already stipulated that as much of me can be used as is deemed possible, I've decided not to have a funeral service, but a memorial service followed by a party. It's of NO moment what happens to my ashes. With no family, I'd be very happy for them to be part of a lake in Switzerland for eternity.
I'm not averse to cremation, but not with my ashes mixed in one of many large urns with hundreds of others whom I never met.  I'd prefer my ashes to be scattered on my favourite spot by at least one person who knew me for some length of time, not a faceless bureaucrat dumping them like trash then ticking a box on a sheet before leaving for the evening.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 10:34:AM by Steve_uk »

Offline Jane

« Reply #119 on: August 18, 2018, 11:07:AM »
I'm not averse to cremation, but not with my ashes mixed in one of many large urns with hundreds of others whom I never met.  I'd prefer my ashes to be scattered on my favourite spot by at least one person who knew me for some length of time, not a faceless bureaucrat dumping them like trash then ticking a box on a sheet before leaving for the evening.

I very much hope it will be as you wish, Steve..................but not just yet, eh? :)