Author Topic: The gun cupboard  (Read 3207 times)

Offline Adam

Re: The gun cupboard
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2018, 10:19:AM »
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=5631.0

Panic over. Bamber said he left the rifle in the hallway. The myth is that it was left on the kitchen table in plain view for Sheila.
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2018, 10:19:AM »
JB said he left it on the table  , therefore he is stuck with it , and we are to believe that it was not put away or if it was put away it was then taken out again by SC

Offline lookout

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2018, 10:24:AM »
are you saying that someone set the table for breakfast after the murders took place?

or are you saying JB left the rifle on the table which had been set for breakfast as supper had already been eaten by the time he put the rifle on the table?

First of all JB had left the rifle on a bench/settle which is off the kitchen area. It was one of the newspapers when first reporting the tragedy that had said that the gun/rifle had been left on the table-------now whether it was found there during investigation I don't know. However the table must have been cleared the night before in order for it to be laid for breakfast.

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2018, 10:26:AM »
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=5631.0

Panic over. Bamber said he left the rifle in the hallway. The myth is that it was left on the kitchen table in plain view for Sheila.

Ah! but from all i have read he said he left it in the kitchen

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2018, 10:29:AM »

First of all JB had left the rifle on a bench/settle which is off the kitchen area. It was one of the newspapers when first reporting the tragedy that had said that the gun/rifle had been left on the table-------now whether it was found there during investigation I don't know. However the table must have been cleared the night before in order for it to be laid for breakfast.

in the book Blood Relations- Roger Wilkes , page 314 , in evidence he said he left it in the "kitchen"

I've just got the Carol Ann Lee Book from the library and page 291 , "I put it down by the seat thing-the bench- unclipped the magazine and put it down on the side" JB in evidence

Offline Adam

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2018, 10:40:AM »

To be fair, a WS supercedes anything written down in books.

He may have told the police on the night he left it on the kitchen table, however his WS's on the 7th & 8th August do not say this.
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2018, 10:47:AM »
To be fair, a WS supercedes anything written down in books.

He may have told the police on the night he left it on the kitchen table, however his WS's on the 7th & 8th August do not say this.

the books were apparently relating what JB had said in evidence , did he say in the WS he left it in the hall?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2018, 10:57:AM »

He said he left it standing near the wellington boots after removing the magazine and placing that on the bench/settle.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Caroline

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2018, 11:04:AM »

First of all, no he didn't - he left the magazine on the settle. It was one of the police officers that said Jeremy told him at the scene that he left it on the table. His WS all state that he left it standing by wellington boots which are next to the settle.

Offline David1819

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2018, 11:31:AM »
Do you believe Sheila got the rifle from the kitchen table, or from the unlocked gun cupboard ?

I believe she got the rifle from near the kitchen doorway leading to the office. It would have been in plain view for her to take as she was placing her bloody panties into the kitchen bucket near the sink.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2018, 11:34:AM »
I believe she got the rifle from near the kitchen doorway leading to the office. It would have been in plain view for her to take as she was placing her bloody panties into the kitchen bucket near the sink.

He said it was left next to the wellington boots, next to the settle - I presume where the coats are hanging.

Offline lookout

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2018, 02:12:PM »
First of all, no he didn't - he left the magazine on the settle. It was one of the police officers that said Jeremy told him at the scene that he left it on the table. His WS all state that he left it standing by wellington boots which are next to the settle.

So the newspaper quoted what the officer had told him ( journo ) as is what happens,yes ?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2018, 04:15:PM »

So the newspaper quoted what the officer had told him ( journo ) as is what happens,yes ?

The officer who he said it to said so in his statement - it's on the forum somewhere but I give up posting sources as they are just hearsay.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2018, 04:40:PM »
..and reloading twice David? I really think the Bamberettes should make up their mind whether Sheila was in the grips of psychosis or not..http://www.jeremy-bamber.co.uk/the-rifle

Offline lookout

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2018, 05:14:PM »
Hammersley wasn't aware there was a gun cupboard until weeks later after the tragedy. Because he hadn't seen/noticed the gun cupboard he also hadn't seen staining which had run down and when asked if the stain had been examined he answered no. He'd answered no to a few things that weren't investigated.