Author Topic: A reconstruction ?  (Read 1308 times)

Offline IndigoJ

A reconstruction ?
« on: August 06, 2018, 09:49:PM »
Just curious to know if a reconstruction of the crime has ever taken place? ie some one shooting the same number of shots , in the same layout of the house , with the same gun ? also it being done by a woman the same age , height and weight as SC?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 09:50:PM by IndigoJ »

Offline lookout

Re: A reconstruction ?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 09:51:AM »
 There had been a " reconstruction " of sorts, but alas EP had said that nobody had been moved ? ::)
Anyone who sees photographs of Sheila know that the whole scene is contrived which is what the jury had been shown and not the original scene as it had happened so misleading the jury into thinking that Jeremy had restaged Sheila's body before leaving the farmhouse.

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 06:05:PM »
I think from the perspective of "seeing" how a woman matching SC would actually be able to fire that many shots , and reload the gun etc would help in deciding how believable it is that SC could have done this.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 06:08:PM »
Maybe we could get Nick Ross and Sue Cook to come out of retirement specially.

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 06:27:PM »
Maybe we could get Nick Ross and Sue Cook to come out of retirement specially.

well i dont know i think Sue Cook might be a bit old to step in as SC's replacement  :-X

Offline Caroline

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 06:52:PM »
I think from the perspective of "seeing" how a woman matching SC would actually be able to fire that many shots , and reload the gun etc would help in deciding how believable it is that SC could have done this.

But that wouldn't be like for like would it? SC was supposed to be in the throws of psychosis, you would also need to make sure the person in question wasn't aware of the mgazie or how it was attached/detached or that they needed to chamber the first shot and how to do that.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 07:17:PM »
But that wouldn't be like for like would it? SC was supposed to be in the throws of psychosis, you would also need to make sure the person in question wasn't aware of the mgazie or how it was attached/detached or that they needed to chamber the first shot and how to do that.

i dont think we would need her in the throws of psychosis but we would need her to have the same knowledge of how to fire the gun as SC had ,

Offline David1819

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 07:17:PM »
I have made a partial reconstruction that demonstrates June and Nevill being shot upstairs. I done this using 3D rendering software. Its a very time consuming process. I would ideally like to make a full reconstruction of both a Sheila and Jeremy scenario. But I have no time or motivation to make this happen. Also I would probably need a more powerful PC.  :-\

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 07:24:PM »
I have made a partial reconstruction that demonstrates June and Nevill being shot upstairs. I done this using 3D rendering software. Its a very time consuming process. I would ideally like to make a full reconstruction of both a Sheila and Jeremy scenario. But I have no time or motivation to make this happen. Also I would probably need a more powerful PC.  :-\

a pc demonstration is interesting in terms of where the shots were fired etc but i dont think anything other than a "real" reconstruction with an SC "replica" for want of a better word, would give us an idea of what it would take for a woman the same age, height , weight and experience of guns, would do.

did you post your reconstruction online at all?

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2018, 07:26:PM »
well i dont know i think Sue Cook might be a bit old to step in as SC's replacement  :-X
Well I meant as presenters of some special Crimewatch show rather than the lead protagonists.

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2018, 07:28:PM »
Well I meant as presenters of some special Crimewatch show rather than the lead protagonists.

I know, it was my attempt at "humour"  :o

but really i dont think it would be a reconstruction for some "crime watch" type of programme ,

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2018, 07:31:PM »
I know, it was my attempt at "humour"  :o

but really i dont think it would be a reconstruction for some "crime watch" type of programme ,
Well I don't see how some computer re-enactment could work either.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2018, 07:38:PM »
i dont think we would need her in the throws of psychosis but we would need her to have the same knowledge of how to fire the gun as SC had ,

Her state of mind would affect her ability to perform the task.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline David1819

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2018, 07:43:PM »
a pc demonstration is interesting in terms of where the shots were fired etc but i dont think anything other than a "real" reconstruction with an SC "replica" for want of a better word, would give us an idea of what it would take for a woman the same age, height , weight and experience of guns, would do.

did you post your reconstruction online at all?

Here are a few example of my work. This all took me several months. And its only a fraction of the event. I have no plans to continue this project anytime soon. I don't have the time ATM.

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2018, 08:08:PM »

Here are a few example of my work. This all took me several months. And its only a fraction of the event. I have no plans to continue this project anytime soon. I don't have the time ATM.

thanks for posting , that is interesting