Author Topic: barry george threatned.  (Read 2459 times)

Offline Adam

Re: barry george threatned.
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2020, 11:09:AM »
George said himself he went to the day centre (probably straight from the killing). Then went home to change.

He then went to the park & then to the taxi office without any money.

He would not know when the body was going to be discovered, or whether a time of death could be determinrd. So was trying to give himself alibi's for different periods.

Would like to know where the park was. It couldn't have been more than a 15 minute walk away from his house, as he arrived at the taxi office only around 2 hours after doing everything else. So why ask for a taxi with no money?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 11:10:AM by Adam »
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Adam

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2020, 11:24:AM »
The taxi office was nearer to George's house than the day centre. If he walked back home from the day centre, why could he not walk past the cab office & continue walking home?

The cab office did contact the police & said someone was acting strangely with them on the day of the murder.

Offline Adam

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2020, 11:55:AM »
The day centre was a straight walk down one road from Dando's house. George knew of it & had been there before. The woman in the day centre said he seemed very agitated.

Nothing unusual in going home afterwards. But why change clothes?

Suspect then using the taxi office as another alibi was a spur of the moment decision. Otherwise he would have gone back out from home with some money.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 12:12:PM by Adam »

Offline Adam

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2020, 12:00:PM »
Not surprised George was charged & convicted. Then failed an appeal.

However it was a high profile case & George would have top lawyers. Another appeal quickly happened which focused just on the spec of gun shot residue.

Not surprised his compensation appeal was rejected. Or that no one else has ever been charged.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 12:13:PM by Adam »

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2020, 12:36:PM »
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.theguardian.com/uk/2008/jun/13/ukcrime1&ved=2ahUKEwjDzo6n473sAhWGRxUIHabTAG4QFjAMegQICRAJ&usg=AOvVaw3ffDAM-FwcRjqsXUgywUzu&ampcf=1

George did know how to get guns.

I was not aware of this.  He certainly knew how to get replica guns or deactivated guns, and it is easy to convert one of these into something capable of firing a live round.  The evidence is certainly very incriminating, although I accept it is far from conclusive.

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2020, 12:37:PM »
The guy in the composite looks Serbian.

It could be any European nationality.

Offline Adam

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2020, 12:41:PM »
The woman at the day centre said George arrived there 'shortly before lunch time'.

An arrival just before mid day would match him going straight there from the murder. The police saying the murder took place at 11.30am.

It may have been a spur of the moment murder. If George had a gun, he may have walked around SW6 with it in his pocket. Just as he walked around with a camera.

It's doubtful he camped outside Dando's house for hours as he would be seen. He may have walked down her road regulary on the off chance he would see her.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 12:42:PM by Adam »

Offline Adam

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2020, 12:54:PM »
There is a slim chance George did not know who Dando was.

His appetite for abuse of women had escalated & he was now walking around his area looking for an opportunity with his gun.

Jill Dando being by her front door with her back to him within a quiet street was a good enough opportunity.

He was just going to fire one shot into her head from point blank range rather than spend a long time attacking her. So no one would see him.

His erratic behaviour afterwards would have been the same whether he knew he had killed Jill Dando, or whether he thought he had just killed a stanger.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 12:58:PM by Adam »

Offline Adam

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2020, 01:17:PM »
Either possibility is plausble -

George knew who Jill Dando was and where she lived. She had been his target.

George did not know who Jill Dando was. But was in the area with a gun in his pocket. Either looking for a victim or he had a good unexpected opportunity & couldn't hold back his urges any longer. .

----------

The reason either is possible is because George lived very near Jill Dando.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 01:24:PM by Adam »

Offline Adam

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2020, 01:42:PM »
George used to walk around Fulham with a camera. Taking hundreds of pictures of women.

If he also had a gun in his pocket, frustration would have built up that he couldn't use it. Not even once 

The 3 possible scenarios are -

George knew who Jill Dando was & where she lived. She was a long term target who he hoped would see one day outside her house.

George planned to shoot a woman that day & was looking for an opportunity.

George did not plan to shoot anyone, but as usual left home with his camera and gun. An opportunity arose which he could not resist.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 01:43:PM by Adam »

Offline Adam

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2020, 04:23:PM »
'The gun was found at George's home in Fulham, London, after his arrest in 2000, the jury was told. The gun was of a type which, if converted, could have been used to kill Dando, the prosecution said. George, who denies murder, claimed to police that the gun in the picture was a replica, although he said it was capable of firing blanks.'

---------

So he did have a gun at his house. Maybe the murder weapon.

I do not see how the item of gun shot residue in his jacket is relevant. To either side. George could simply say, yes I have fired guns before. In the park, aiming at trees.

Whether the gun in the picture was just used for firing blanks is neither here or there.  What is more important is the gun in his property.

Offline Adam

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2020, 04:49:PM »
Thinking again, it is probably best to say he had never fired a gun before. So couldn't have killed Jill Dando. Although there was a gun in his flat & in the picture.

The defence can then focus on contamination.

If he admitted to firing guns in parks, the prosecution can say that escalated.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 04:51:PM by Adam »

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2020, 07:41:PM »
George used to walk around Fulham with a camera. Taking hundreds of pictures of women.

If he also had a gun in his pocket, frustration would have built up that he couldn't use it. Not even once 

The 3 possible scenarios are -

George knew who Jill Dando was & where she lived. She was a long term target who he hoped would see one day outside her house.

George planned to shoot a woman that day & was looking for an opportunity.

George did not plan to shoot anyone, but as usual left home with his camera and gun. An opportunity arose which he could not resist.
I think this is the likeliest possibility. Again the woman who discovered the body seemed to dismiss George as an oddball and not perceive any threat. But he had already raped a languages student and had a conviction for indecent assault. I reject the Defence argument at the retrial that he would not have been capable of executing the murder. I wonder how the members of the jury who acquitted him felt when they read the story: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/barry-george-raped-me-by-my-mums-door-then-said-sorry-6890558.html

Offline Adam

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2020, 08:49:PM »
I think this is the likeliest possibility. Again the woman who discovered the body seemed to dismiss George as an oddball and not perceive any threat. But he had already raped a languages student and had a conviction for indecent assault. I reject the Defence argument at the retrial that he would not have been capable of executing the murder. I wonder how the members of the jury who acquitted him felt when they read the story: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/barry-george-raped-me-by-my-mums-door-then-said-sorry-6890558.html

It was an espesically cowardly way of committing a murder. Shooting a woman in the head from behind. At point blank range. Even with George's problems, he would have been able to execute it.

It seems he had the weapon to execute it as well.

Offline Adam

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2020, 09:17:PM »

The disadvantage of George killing Jill Dando was the publicity and police investigation would be huge. Police would be swarming the area & have local suspects, one of which may be him. This would curtail any urges he may have to kill again.

For a first killing, he may want it to be quick and low key. It was certainly quick.

If he continued killing people and got more confident, they may have become more violent. As in the case of Napper.

Then again, he did have a fixation with celebrity. The chance of killing someone famous may have been too much to resist.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 09:20:PM by Adam »