Author Topic: barry george threatned.  (Read 2401 times)

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
Re: barry george threatned.
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2020, 02:23:PM »
The Serb theory has two scenarios. One being an assassination ordered higher up. The other being a small group or even a single lone wolf acting on their own looking for some kind of revenge. I find the latter more likely.

Jill Dando was making appeals in the media for assistance to the Bosnian refugees etc etc. Plus the murder took  place three days after NATO bombed the central Serbian TV station killing 16 people. Hence I find Serbian theory the only one that makes sense. Combined with the bullet being of Soviet type production.

I do not believe the bullet was of Soviet type production.  It was home made, using a reloaded cartridge case.  The weapon itself was not of a type a serious assassin would use.  It was a drilled out replica or previously deactivated weapon, with a smooth bore.  It would have been hopelessly inaccurate save at point blank range.  This was not the work of a professional hitman.

Offline David1819

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2020, 05:27:PM »
I do not believe the bullet was of Soviet type production.  It was home made, using a reloaded cartridge case.  The weapon itself was not of a type a serious assassin would use.  It was a drilled out replica or previously deactivated weapon, with a smooth bore.  It would have been hopelessly inaccurate save at point blank range.  This was not the work of a professional hitman.

According to Mansfield QCs book, the casing was “common” among Soviet block military. Major Mead spoke of this at the 2nd trial.

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2020, 05:43:PM »
According to Mansfield QCs book, the casing was “common” among Soviet block military. Major Mead spoke of this at the 2nd trial.

That is the casing.  In other words a spent cartridge case was used - this could have come from anywhere. 

Offline David1819

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2020, 06:05:PM »
That is the casing.  In other words a spent cartridge case was used - this could have come from anywhere.

"In support of this theory, Mr Mead said the cartridge case found on Ms Dando's doorstep had crimp marks on it of the type often found in the former Soviet Union and Eastern Bloc countries.

The "crimping" around the top of the bullet casing was a technique also used by the Yugoslav military, Mr Mead added. He explained how the dents ensured the round was secured in the casing and did not fall out.

He told the jurors: 'This is most common in ammunition made by the Soviet Union, the Eastern Bloc and Yugoslavia because of the environment of the gun's use."

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2020, 08:32:PM »
"In support of this theory, Mr Mead said the cartridge case found on Ms Dando's doorstep had crimp marks on it of the type often found in the former Soviet Union and Eastern Bloc countries.

The "crimping" around the top of the bullet casing was a technique also used by the Yugoslav military, Mr Mead added. He explained how the dents ensured the round was secured in the casing and did not fall out.

He told the jurors: 'This is most common in ammunition made by the Soviet Union, the Eastern Bloc and Yugoslavia because of the environment of the gun's use."

I suspect he is talking about the original crimping, i.e. from when the ammunition was originally made.  It is clear from the evidence that the original round had been fired and the empty case then reloaded some time later.

Offline Adam

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2020, 08:54:PM »
George had quite a criminal history. He was also quite resourceful. So would have been able to find a second rate gun which would work from close range.
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2020, 09:14:PM »
George had quite a criminal history. He was also quite resourceful. So would have been able to find a second rate gun which would work from close range.
Yes I'd like to know exactly what the diagnoses were from doctors, educational and criminal psychologists. I think he fooled Michael Mansfield QC in the persona he portrayed to others.

Offline Adam

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2020, 09:40:PM »
He created a fictional company, convinced a newspaper he was a karate champion & convinced a stadium to open so he could attempt a stunt.

He was very abusive towards women which would have escalated. Similar to Robert Napper, he pretended to be different people.

Once he realised Jill Dando lived near him, he probably convinced himself why he should shoot her.

Offline David1819

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2020, 12:03:AM »
I suspect he is talking about the original crimping, i.e. from when the ammunition was originally made.  It is clear from the evidence that the original round had been fired and the empty case then reloaded some time later.

The guy in the composite looks Serbian.

Offline Adam

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2020, 09:38:AM »
George was in the area at the time of the shooting. Attending a nearby day centre and taxi firm, looking agitated.

The police said him attending a taxi firm was an alibi attempt. Would like to know if he actually got a taxi or just wanted to be seen.

Offline Adam

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2020, 09:46:AM »
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/1331783.stm&ved=2ahUKEwjp8cmj373sAhVTURUIHTGzBQEQFjAAegQIAxAC&usg=AOvVaw2D_CYR-YTmt1WyKI9r4hiG

George did get a taxi. Although he turned up there with no money.

Assume he got a taxi back home although he lived nearby. There are no reports of him being anywhere else.

George turned up at the taxi firm a day or two later. To ensure the worker remembered him & get written confirmation he was there on the day of the shooting.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 09:51:AM by Adam »

Offline Adam

Offline Adam

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2020, 10:30:AM »
If he had access to guns over a long period, it would be tempting for him to use it on a woman. Which would be an escalation from his previous abuse.

He couldn't use it on someone he knew, as there would be a connection. He could use it on a stranger but probably had less motivation to do that.   

Jill Dando was someone he knew of & lived near him, but who he had no connection with. An attractive woman the likes of which he would never have any chance of being romantic with. A woman who helps catch criminals such as him.

If he was going to use a gun once on a woman, having the whole world talk about it, would have been too much of a temptation to resist.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 10:31:AM by Adam »

Offline Adam

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2020, 10:44:AM »
Suspect George shot Dando. Then went home to put the gun away. Maybe to change as well.

Then went to the day centre, the park and then to the taxi office to try to get alibi's. All these places were near enough to walk to.

The man at the taxi office said he arrived at 1.15pm. Which is around 2 hours after the shooting. This makes sense as he had spent several minutes at the day centre.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 10:45:AM by Adam »

Offline Adam

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2020, 10:50:AM »
I don't see how the gun shot residue would have ended up on George's jacket by contamination.

The police were not going to turn up at his property a year later with weapons. If his clothes were taken away for examination, doubtful they came within 50 yards of any weapons.

The gun shot residue is not that important unless it can be linked to the crime. It has already been established that George knew how to get guns.