Author Topic: barry george threatned.  (Read 547 times)

Offline Adam

Re: barry george threatned.
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2020, 09:44:PM »
Jill Dando was not living at the house she was killed at. It was up for sale.

She was living with her finacee & had returned to the property to collect some clothes.

So any would be killer could not rely on a routine of Jill Dando. Such as her getting home from work at 8pm every night.

CCTV also confirms she was not followed when driving to her property.

So a good chance it was a random killing by George. Or that he knew Dando lived there but never expected to see her. When he did see her, he knew it was now or never.
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2020, 09:53:PM »
His past history suggests he craved notoriety, which might have passed as eccentricity had it not descended into criminality. The act of saying "sorry" to rape victim Karen Gray implies he was fully aware what he did was wrong and that he had a problem. My only surprise is that he has not continued to reoffend upon release.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 09:54:PM by Steve_uk »

Offline Adam

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2020, 10:01:PM »
His past history suggests he craved notoriety, which might have passed as eccentricity had it not descended into criminality. The act of saying "sorry" to rape victim Karen Gray implies he was fully aware what he did was wrong and that he had a problem. My only surprise is that he has not continued to reoffend upon release.

Killing Jill Dando would not give him notoriety. As he was hopeing to not get arrested for it. However it would give his action notoriety.

He would also believe he was putting one over on the police, who had previously successfully charged him for other crimes.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 10:04:PM by Adam »

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2020, 10:10:PM »
Killing Jill Dando would not give him notoriety. As he was hopeing to not get arrested for it. However it would give his action notoriety.

He would also believe he was putting one over on the police, who had previously successfully charged him for other crimes.
Yes and I think after he was put in jail following a female's testimony against him he had moved to thinking he would not leave a witness to tell any tale.

Offline Adam

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2020, 10:29:PM »
Jill Dando's brother is virtually accusing Barry George.

https://youtu.be/keF2Hu6mkEQ

Offline Adam

« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2020, 08:28:AM »
The gun shot residue was found in a knee lenght dark jacket owned by George. Witnesses said they saw a man in a knee lenght dark jacket in the area.

The GSR had the same elements of residue contained on the cartridge case and Jill Dando's head hair.

Some of George's photo's were taken on Gowen Avenue. Although none were of Jill Dando. He also had the names & addresses of women in the area.

Business cards of firearms dealers were found in his flat.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 08:34:AM by Adam »

Offline Adam

« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2020, 08:34:AM »
The COA eventually ruled the GSR as inadmissable. The reason being that it could have come from a policemans rifle in everyday life. Such as at a Tube Station. Which is a new one on me.

Don't see why it should be inadmissable. Let the prosecution mention it & the defence come up with their alternative theory.

A retrial just based on circumstantial evidence was always going to be tough.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 08:35:AM by Adam »

Offline Adam

« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2020, 08:51:AM »
Jill Dando's sister is sceptical about it being George. But gives weak reasons -

People didn't notice he was walking around with a gun.

How did he know how to do it?

----------

The answers to these -

The gun was in his pocket.

He pulled the trigger.

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2020, 06:23:PM »
There is a good write up on the Barry George conviction here.

https://h2g2.com/entry/A2256789

Offline Adam

« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2020, 09:22:AM »
Didn't know he also went to the day centre two days later to try to get an alibi.

If he was not aware he had shot Jill Dando, he would soon become aware & realise the police operation would be huge. So visted the taxi office & day centre.

Offline Adam

« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2020, 09:37:AM »
The retrial would be hard with just circumstantial evidence. Unless it was CCTV or several eye witness identifications. The reason the Bamber conviction has stood is because there is both circumstantial & forensic evidence. Together with a long term witness.

George was in the area & acting strangely on the day & afterwards. The defence would say he lived in the area & had mental health issues.

The jury would not be aware of his criminal history. They would be aware of him taking photos of women, knowing people's names and addresses & having access to guns. Again the defence would say that does not make him the killer. 

George giving conflicting versions of his movements in police interviews will be put down to his mental health issues.