Author Topic: Nevills burns revisited.  (Read 29074 times)

Offline lookout

Re: Nevills burns revisited.
« Reply #465 on: July 21, 2018, 11:56:AM »
JB wouldn't have positioned anything in such a way as to " seal " himself inside the farmhouse.

Offline Jane

« Reply #466 on: July 21, 2018, 12:01:PM »
JB wouldn't have positioned anything in such a way as to " seal " himself inside the farmhouse.

Certainly he wouldn't. The windows weren't sealed.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #467 on: July 21, 2018, 12:37:PM »

Nevil wasn't positioned near the door and Bamber didn't leave via it.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline lookout

« Reply #468 on: July 21, 2018, 01:59:PM »
Nevil wasn't positioned near the door and Bamber didn't leave via it.

How are you saying that he left ?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #469 on: July 21, 2018, 02:10:PM »

How are you saying that he left ?

I think he left via the bathroom window - the one he used after the murders.

Offline lookout

« Reply #470 on: July 21, 2018, 02:18:PM »
I think he left via the bathroom window - the one he used after the murders.

Only think ? Surely you have to be certain about that when you say he's guilty ? Was there any other way ? What was the indicator that he'd supposedly left by the bathroom window ?

Offline lookout

« Reply #471 on: July 21, 2018, 02:20:PM »
What time was that and how did he get back home ?

Offline David1819

« Reply #472 on: July 21, 2018, 02:46:PM »

Only think ? Surely you have to be certain about that when you say he's guilty ? Was there any other way ? What was the indicator that he'd supposedly left by the bathroom window ?

The bathroom window was found secured from the inside by Taff Jones around 9am. Furthermore Barlow could not even close it from the outside. Hence why the Kitchen window was chosen.

If Jeremy did leave via this window. It would mean Jeremy instructed Sheila to close and secure it behind him. And Jeremy has convinced Sheila to shoot herself later when the police arrive.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #473 on: July 21, 2018, 03:10:PM »
The bathroom window was found secured from the inside by Taff Jones around 9am. Furthermore Barlow could not even close it from the outside. Hence why the Kitchen window was chosen.

If Jeremy did leave via this window. It would mean Jeremy instructed Sheila to close and secure it behind him. And Jeremy has convinced Sheila to shoot herself later when the police arrive.
It's not clear whether the kitchen window catch was stiff enough to allow the window to be closed fully. https://twitter.com/Bambertweets/status/1002873617485582337

Offline David1819

« Reply #474 on: July 21, 2018, 03:11:PM »
It's not clear whether the kitchen window catch was stiff enough to allow the window to be closed fully. https://twitter.com/Bambertweets/status/1002873617485582337

I was talking about the bathroom window

Offline lookout

« Reply #475 on: July 21, 2018, 03:28:PM »
I was talking about the bathroom window

You said the kitchen window would be used in preference to the bathroom one ?

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #476 on: July 21, 2018, 03:34:PM »
When you say bathroom window I assume you  mean the downstairs shower room where some of the guns were kept?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #477 on: July 21, 2018, 06:13:PM »

Rubbish, it's a sash window which can be locked using string. He used the same window after the murders!

Offline Caroline

« Reply #478 on: July 21, 2018, 06:14:PM »

Because he used it before. How can I be certain when I wasn't there? Don't be silly!

Offline lookout

« Reply #479 on: July 22, 2018, 08:46:AM »
Rubbish, it's a sash window which can be locked using string. He used the same window after the murders!

String ? You'd have to use something far less pliable in order to shift a sash window lock from the outside as besides the age of the locking system you also have the stiffness of new paint making the lock less efficient.

Sliding a penknife underneath from outside will open a sash window so I imagine it would be the same in securing it closed--------------but never string.